• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy is paid pretty much eternally. He was well-paid over a number of Yankee contracts and won 5 rings. I doubt he's coming back for any reason aside from "I got the bug to try and come back for one more run with Mo and Derek, and they're giving me $2.5 million just to try and get out of the minors to do it".

I wonder if Pettite got Kobe's number. Probably had like 2-3 HGH procedures while he retired.

Am I the only fan who realizes the Yankees are once again getting aging pitchers instead to developing the young pitchers they have? Just gonna fuck over Hughes now?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Tommy Hanson's delivery doesn't look that much different. Just smoother i guess, no more hitch.

edit: and he still allows SBs, so same old tommy.

The numbers weren’t pretty for Santana today, primarily because of a couple of problems. First off, he threw his change-up too hard, consistently between 80-82 mph. He also struggled with the command of that change-up as well, consistently leaving it up in the zone with no movement. Still, his fastball velocity was the best it’s been so far this Spring, consistently around 90-91 mph and touching 92 mph once, according to the radar gun during the broadcast. It looks like the biggest challenge facing him is building stamina at game speed. It could be a lot worse…
Encouraging sign for Johan today. 65 pitches, 40 strikes.

Encouraging sign for Johan today. 65 pitches, 40 strikes.
Watch the game. His control was off but velocity was good. Damn Prince Fielder earned a nice walk against Johan, which took him out of the game. Great eye. Also remember Keith asking how much Prince gets paid per pound? lol

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If Hughes is healthy and producing, you would trade him or send him to the bullpen to make room for 75-year-old Andy Pettitte?

Let's go Red Sox.
swaggerface.jpg

HOLY CRAP

Welcome back!

bluemax

Banned
I was so excited when Detroit traded for him and Miguel. It was my senior year of high school and I'll never forget that phone call from my buddy. We talked about the possibilities in Detroit for an hour and even went to his home opener against the White Sox. I've never been so disappointed by a player for any team in my life.

You cut me deep Dontrelle, real deep

I remember laughing at the Tigers for wanting Dontrelle in that trade.

Hey I loved when Bobby was managing the Mets! The faces he would make!

I hated the Genius with a passion. Here's why:

- Being the main source of negative stories about the Mets in the media. (Confirmed by Marty Noble)
- Creating a clubhouse environment where Senator Al and Congressman Franco could prosper.
- Inviting the aforementioned to the Wilpon's house just so he could make Stevie upset.
- Discouraging notable Free Agents from joining the Mets
- Ostracizing a future Hall of Famer.
- Outing the sexuality of his own player (who everybody assumed was Piazza but in reality was probably Alomar).
- Fisticuffs with Bobby Bo in the dugout.
-"I'm just happy to make it to the World Series"
- Whartongate
- Serving horrible burgers at his grill.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

Fake mustache was so classic.

One year for Halloween party I went dressed as Bobby Valentine in his fake clubhouse attendant attire, with moustache made from eye-black stickers, dark sunglasses and black cap. I looked the shit, if i don't say so myself.

The story goes that it was Robin Ventura's idea.

Red Scarlet

Bobby V is from my town which is a majority Yankee town. I hate going to his restaurant now all the waitresses wear red sox tee shirts now. is lame.

Why? I love the Red Sox! I wear my Red Sox hat every now and then. Red Soxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

? dunno you rek. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom