• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have Mets fans here?

Can anyone tell me if the Saturday game will be sold out on April 7th? I'm considering going and I may pick up tickets while I'm in New York. I don't want to commit in advance since I may be going to SNL that night.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do we have Mets fans here?
From the old list:

jdMAh.jpg

zulux21

The forever alone face on the white sox is a nice touch, are there really no other white sox fans that post in this thread but me?

I have a question for those who are league managers for fantasy baseball leagues. What is the best way for a voting system for when team managers accept trades? I was thinking the entire league vote veto or allow on each accepted trade. Is that fair enough or do any of you have a different system installed?

Thanks for any input.

Jon

I have a question for those who are league managers for fantasy baseball leagues. What is the best way for a voting system for when team managers accept trades? I was thinking the entire league vote veto or allow on each accepted trade. Is that fair enough or do any of you have a different system installed?

Thanks for any input.

We have it set to allow unless it is vetoed by the majority. We usually have a 2 day voting period.

Parch

Thanks for any input.
The problem with Yahoo leagues is a huge number of abandoned teams. It's not uncommon to have 50% abandoned, plus some managers will set their lineups a week in advance and only show up once a week. That guarantees that every trade goes through because too many don't vote.
I think commish veto is the only way to do it, assuming you have a fair commish who isn't the cheater and not apathetic or nazi.

The problem with Yahoo leagues is a huge number of abandoned teams. It's not uncommon to have 50% abandoned, plus some managers will set their lineups a week in advance and only show up once a week. That guarantees that every trade goes through because too many don't vote.
I think commish veto is the only way to do it, assuming you have a fair commish who isn't the cheater and not apathetic or nazi.

It's an ESPN league with friends, it's about our 5th year so abandonment isn't an issue. It's my first year as the LM so I think I'll set it as Jon just suggested.

Malo

Banned
Damn it, losing council members before the season starts stinks. Hope its a short stay on the DL.

Any updates on how Pineda has looked? Is Andy pitching off a mound yet?
I've only caught one Pineda start so far and other than the lower velocity on his fb he's looked fine. In his last start his slider looked pretty good and his change up looked decent. I get why people are comparing him to Hughes last year in spring training with the lower velocity and all, but his off speed pitches look good, where as Hughes, had nothing at all.

Andy hasn't pitched yet and probably won't for a couple of weeks.

Oh snap. 'Best GAF' lol.

Thread is being locked temporarily.

Segments of the NBA-GAF community have been persistently demonstrating hostility toward the rest of the forum, especially toward female members, and an inability to abide by the ToS in general. If you want to be free of the requirements of civility and respect toward other members, or if you do not want to be a part of NeoGAF as a whole, then I suggest you find somewhere else to go.

When the thread is re-opened the moderation team will be monitoring it heavily and taking action as appropriate. Do not create any temporary/substitute threads to hold discussion in the mean time. Apologies to those not party to this behavior who are being disrupted by the thread closure.

Can any of you guys explain what happened?

Iceman

Padres fan is me. Just not much to talk about except bad news. With Carlos Quentin out for a minimum of 4 weeks, clearly our option for cleanup, we'll be sliding in weak or unproven hitters or huge power guys with low batting average.

Small ball for life, I suppose.

If anything, I'll be posting photos from all the games I attend (should be in the teens). I'll even shop in mets and yankees logos so you guys will be interested/angry.

In LA, most of the talk is NBA. Heck, I'll be at a hockey game tonight -- that's such a strange/foreign concept for me in the Spring.

Maybe they're more excited about baseball in Anaheim/Orange County. Even if they only have the second best player in baseball. OH SHOTS FIRED!

/Kemp going for 50-50, overconfidence award.

JambiBum

Add me to the Yankees Sanj. Don't know why I've never been on it.

Also, holy shit at NBA GAF. Devolution seriously has complete control over the forums. She got an entire community basically shut down.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
GAF is now a much better place. No one likes the NBA anyway.
I'd say it is in everyone's best interest not to. Thank God MLB Gaf only has stat v. scout disagreements.
nah its not scout vs stat. It's traditional stats vs advanced stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom