• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

GAF is now a much better place. No one likes the NBA anyway.
nah its not scout vs stat. It's traditional stats vs advanced stats.

Look, what we're all forgetting here is that Jayson Werth was clearly worth more to the Phillies than Chase Utley.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Look, what we're all forgetting here is that Jayson Werth was clearly worth more to the Phillies than Chase Utley.
Well werth did play like shit against the phillies last season (and the rest of the league).

xbhaskarx

Also, holy shit at NBA GAF. Devolution seriously has complete control over the forums. She got an entire community basically shut down.

I don't understand what her birthday thread and NBA GAF have to do with each other, can someone explain?
Also this is like the GAF version of Yanks-Sox... who do I root for if I don't like either side?

Add me to the Yankees Sanj. Don't know why I've never been on it.

Also, holy shit at NBA GAF. Devolution seriously has complete control over the forums. She got an entire community basically shut down.

again you must apply, here fill out this form.

so I was reading the devo thread and this is what may have done it.

Its fucking ridiculous. We've got mods complaining that sports threads are too insular yet they tolerate shit like this from the self appointed gaf celebritè
Ashep

Sports are really cool.

timedog.

Sorry bro. If narcissism and delusions of grandeur were sports you and your hoss would have that shit on lock.

and that's all she wrote. of course the Jeremy Lin thread was also a hotbed of activity and might have exposed certain people's......annoyance with a new fairweather fans and such but it's understandable when you watch a sport and some person comes along acting like they know what they are talking about.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't understand what her birthday thread and NBA GAF have to do with each other, can someone explain?
Also this is like the GAF version of Yanks-Sox... who do I root for if I don't like either side?

Read the thread. There were a couple of NBA-Gaffers who have been antagonizing the wrong people for a while now.

Evidently its cool to shut down an entire community because of a few clowns.

On a baseball related note, Jack Cust still doesn't have a hit this spring training. Pretty awesome, 0 for 24 this spring.

JABEE

One of the posters kept mentioning in the thread that mods complain about sports threads being insular yet allow the Birthday thread. Someone else said that poster was the MVP of the thread. TimeDog made a comment about it being a sports reference.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
It was bound to happen to any of these sports threads. I think the last thing Evilore wanted was to have a bunch of super huge insular threads. Wasn't the Rockband thread closed for pretty much the same reason. A couple of NBA Gaf posters are always going around posting about how it is best GAF in a bunch of threads.

xbhaskarx

Read the thread. There were a couple of NBA-Gaffers who have been antagonizing the wrong people for a while now.

Okay, I haven't followed the NBA in almost a decade so I almost never look at the NBA thread. I read the birthday thread, but I don't really know who qualifies as NBA-GAF unless I can tell based on their avatar or they're making "BestGAF" comments in some other thread...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
do you know all of us and our ranks?

Ummm...is Y2Kev the Cobra Commander of the Council?

I got nothing.
KuGsj.gif

JambiBum

It's all Timedog's fault. Devo makes Timedog a birthday thread and then he gets unbanned for his birthday. I've never seen that happen yet it did for him. His unbanning leads to him making Devo's birthday thread and then the entire NBA thread gets shut down.

It's all Timedog's fault. Devo makes Timedog a birthday thread and then he gets unbanned for his birthday. I've never seen that happen. Yet it did for him. His unbanning leads to him making Devo's birthday thread and then the entire NBA thread gets shut down.

I don't know what happened I just know I can't talk about the Jazz game tonight with my favorite Jazz posters.

Sanjuro

There is a serious problem with brandy being on this list, but not me.

There was no fucking around. I made that list before heading to Texas for the opening series last season. If you were off, you didn't respond prior to that point!

I found the file. Looks like I have some updating to do.

Okay, I haven't followed the NBA in almost a decade so I almost never look at the NBA thread. I read the birthday thread, but I don't really know who qualifies as NBA-GAF unless I can tell based on their avatar or they're making "BestGAF" comments in some other thread...

NbaGAF is an incredibly insular community with tons of in-jokes and a less-than-welcoming attitude toward new posters. It's hilarious, and just like the NBA, you could avoid the thread during the whole season until the conference finals and not miss out on much. If they ban sports threads on GAF, the logical conclusion would be the creation of a sports gaf sub-forum or even a whole new separate forum for nerdy sports fans like us. I have full faith that the rumors about sports-gaf are unfounded, as we provide a lot of traffic and subsequently a lot of ad revenue.

Anyway, I've never heard of an MLBGaffer getting banned for actions in the MLB thread or related to the thread in any way. That's because we've got class, gentlemen.

JABEE

NbaGAF is an incredibly insular community with tons of in-jokes and a less-than-welcoming attitude toward new posters. It's hilarious, and just like the NBA, you could avoid the thread during the whole season until the conference finals and not miss out on much. If they ban sports threads on GAF, the logical conclusion would be the creation of a sports gaf sub-forum or even a whole new separate forum for nerdy sports fans like us. I have full faith that the rumors about sports-gaf are unfounded, as we provide a lot of traffic and subsequently a lot of ad revenue.

Anyway, I've never heard of an MLBGaffer getting banned for actions in the MLB thread or related to the thread in any way. That's because we've got class, gentlemen.

Just don't call out the Yankees during the POs when you have been here all season.

Yeah, it's nice that even crap from other threads never tend to spill into here (even with my jackassish nature).

Why'd you quote me as Sanjuro? lol I would not have his good named dragged through the mud with my shit posting.

Although, now that I think about it, was Pollo banned for something he said in this thread or another? He used that word from time to time in this thread.

eznark

Banned
Why'd you quote me as Sanjuro? lol I would not have his good named dragged through the mud with my shit posting.

Although, now that I think about it, was Pollo banned for something he said in this thread or another? He used that word from time to time in this thread.

Pretty sure it was from this thread.

Sanjuro

I found the original files. Need to find a new font apparently, looks like comic sans for everyone!

Send me a message for any changes / requests / etc

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Didn't Pollo basically suicide his account, I thought he didn't want to post here anymore.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't get away with saying that since like the EZboard days of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom