• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

If you're talking about the Yankee fanbase, yes.

Not at all, we've already experienced all he has to offer. We have antibodies against his antigen.

He'll wear on Sox fans quick if the team performs poorly and everyone realizes his go to move is to divert attention on the team's results by trolling the Yanks or some other current event.

Sanjuro

Not at all, we've already experienced all he has to offer. We have antibodies against his antigen.

He'll wear on Sox fans quick if the team performs poorly and everyone realizes his go to move is to divert attention on the team's results by trolling the Yanks or some other current event.

Doesn't seem like it to me.

That same logic would apply to almost any manager in a large market, not just Bobby specifically.

h3ro

Can't speak for everybody I guess. I enjoy Valentine's schtick every now and then. I found Jerry Manuel to be infinitely more annoying.

Retardi just goes to the list of distractions he keeps in his trapper keeper.

Can't speak for everybody I guess. I enjoy Valentine's schtick every now and then. I found Jerry Manuel to be infinitely more annoying.

Retardi just goes to the list of distractions he keeps in his trapper keeper.
Yea agreed. Manuel calling everybody gangtas and cats got old quick.

h3ro

luLRW.jpg

Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks was arrested in Ft. Myers at 3:43 AM this morning. The charges: DUI, property damage and hit-and-run, suggesting that he crashed his car and tried to take off

Link

Sanjuro

Hey check it out another dumbfuck baseball player driving drunk. The hypocrisy is disgusting.

I guess the police report currently states he claimed to have been on some kind of painkiller...coming from a strip club.

If he wasn't drunk, good for him? Best case scenario for him sounds like he had at least a couple drinks that fucked with his medication. Still a moron.

Frickin' Joba. I'm picturing him bounding toward the trampoline like a five-year-old as soon as he sees it.

I guess the police report currently states he claimed to have been on some kind of painkiller...coming from a strip club.

If he wasn't drunk, good for him? Best case scenario for him sounds like he had at least a couple drinks that fucked with his medication. Still a moron.

Yeah, I've, uh... heard that they usually make you buy drinks at a strip club.

Doytch

The police website had him down for DUI, so whatever.

sangreal

Hey check it out another dumbfuck baseball player driving drunk. The hypocrisy is disgusting.

They shouldn't be allowed to play in Toronto, since normals who get DUIs are not allowed into Canada.

(btw, this issue was actually raised by Cabrera's lawyer when he got his DUI, but then he got a pass from Canada)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Finally, we’re auctioning off the #6 spot on the list*. After the Mariners in 2010 and the Twins last year, we now see that placing sixth on this list is a near guarantee of epic failure, so if there’s a team that you’d like to see crash and burn in 2012, simply send us a large sum of money along with the franchise that you’d like to sabotage. The largest donor of the day will get to ruin the organization of his choice.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-organizational-rankings-methodology/

donates $5 for the phillies to be #6

h3ro

Torre back as Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations, same position he held before leaving to form a group to bid on the Dodgers.

Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig announced today that Joe Torre has rejoined Major League Baseball as Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations … Torre originally joined Major League Baseball in February of 2011, overseeing areas that include Major League Operations, Umpiring, On-Field Operations and On-Field Discipline. In the capacity to which he is returning, Torre serves as the Office of the Commissioner’s primary liaison to the general managers and field managers of the 30 Major League Clubs regarding all baseball and on-field matters.

Link

Jon

Chase Utley is just going to say, "Hey guys, everything is fine. Also, I am using this press conference to say there will be no more press conferences, meetings around my locker, or questions in any form directed toward me for the rest of the season. God bless."

Chase Utley is just going to say, "Hey guys, everything is fine. Also, I am using this press conference to say there will be no more press conferences, meetings around my locker, or questions in any form directed toward me for the rest of the season. God bless."

I predict these two events:

utley.gif

window.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom