• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

An alcohol-free strip club? Who goes to that?

I was stuck in some meadowlands at a hotel. There isn't anything really nearby, so I walked across the street thinking it was a regular bar. Weird place New Jersey is.

Went to a strip club recently for a bachelors party and it was a "bring your own booze" type place. Must have lost their liquor license.

Yeah, these are fairly more common. Actually works out pretty well. I went to one in Austin one time on the tail end of a vacation with some friends. Brought a ton of cheap beer and tipped a stripper a Twinkee.

*Twinkee was a part of their breakfast buffet with honey buns.

Jangocube

Banned
Yeah, these are fairly more common. Actually works out pretty well. I went to one in Austin one time on the tail end of a vacation with some friends. Brought a ton of cheap beer and tipped a stripper a Twinkee.

*Twinkee was a part of their breakfast buffet with honey buns.

Haha, yeah, we bought a ton of really cheap beer as well and just got smashed. The girls were straight nasty at the one we went to. It was down in South Carolina. Just a gross, gross place.

Been to better ones before for Bachelor parties, but damn.

I didn't get assaulted there, so I would say a bit more fun than Mest

Got a drink poured on me 5 minutes into the place by a nasty ass stripper who I said no to. Damn hoes.

Enron

Banned
I remember some years there were like 3 or 4 gaf leagues there was so much interest in fantasy baseball but this year it seems like no one is talking about it. Are there any GAF leagues? One of my leagues that has been together since like 2005 looks to finally be falling apart this year :(

Malo

Banned
I remember some years there were like 3 or 4 gaf leagues there was so much interest in fantasy baseball but this year it seems like no one is talking about it. Are there any GAF leagues? One of my leagues that has been together since like 2005 looks to finally be falling apart this year :(
Thanks for reminding me! I nearly forgot the Gaf fantasy draft is this weekend.

I'm down for another league.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Its 5th inning ya donk!

I really hate those racing presidents.
You're a bad person. You probably like ketchup on hot dogs too.

Someday I will see Teddy win that race (as well as the screw driver at turner who loves to get slammed into the wall).

h3ro

What up h3ro!
Sup man, see that you're beastin' as usual.

I love how so many news reports are basically retracting/tweaking the story saying it might have been the influence of medication opposed to alcohol as if that lessens the severity of the offence. Bullshit, driving impaired is driving impaired. There's a reason those warnings are on medication.

I agree kev, zero tolerance for that nonsense.

Sup man, see that you're beastin' as usual.

I love how so many news reports are basically retracting/tweaking the story saying it might have been the influence of medication opposed to alcohol as if that lessens the severity of the offence. Bullshit, driving impaired is driving impaired. There's a reason those warnings are on medication.

I agree kev, zero tolerance for that nonsense.

I do think medication instead of alcohol lessens the severity of the offense to some degree. To me, the "run" part of a hit and run is the truly offensive part. And, medication doesn't change the severity of THAT offense.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I DO love ketchup on hot dogs!
it all makes sense now
I wish some of you guys had whataburger, their spicy ketchup would go great on hotdogs.
there are no chain whattaburgers here (AR) but there is one of the originals (i think) or maybe they just use the name, its about an hour from me. They give you a shit ton of fries. Haven't been there in years though. They seem to be all over the place in dallas though.

Enron

Banned
Holy mother of God

Friday, March 23, 2012
Hot dog has high price tag
By Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Can you imagine picking up a one-pound hot dog that's nearly two feet long, let alone eating the entire thing in one sitting?

Well, Texas Rangers fans can give it a try. For $26, fans at the new Captain Morgan club in center field and at several concession stands at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington can attempt to clog arteries with not only the large dog, but a slew of toppings.
By the time you add shredded cheese, chili, sautéed onions and fries, the entire plate could weigh two pounds. And it's likely to add more than that to your waist line.
"I don't know how many calories are in this thing, but it's got to be 2,000 or 3,000," said Casey Rapp, operations manager for Sportsservice, which handles concessions at the park.
It's called the "Champion Dog" in the restaurant and served on a cutting board. The waiter or waitress can even cut it into smaller pieces to share with friends. At the concession stands, it's known as the "Boomstick," in honor of Nelson Cruz. And for fans purchasing it there, a hefty carrier complete with handles is made available so it can be transported to any seating area.
"We did a half-pound hot dog during the World Series and wanted to top it," Rapp said. "Our company had to have the hot dog made special and we had to find a local bakery to make the bun. The bun is like a loaf of bread just to hold this thing."
Of course, the huge hot dog is supposed to serve four people, though there's bound to be a few folks that take up the challenge of consuming the culinary delight by themselves.
"I don't recommend it, but I'd be impressed," Rapp said. "It's almost as long as a youth bat. I'm sure fans will try it just to see if they can do it."
The hot dog is just the latest example of going big in Texas. The Rangers introduced a three-pound pretzel last season and it was successful enough that it's making a return in 2012.
Fans can still purchase a "Jumbo Dog," which is the regular hot dog on game days that sells for $4.50. That dog weighs one-sixth of a pound, meaning it would take six of them to equal one "Boomstick."

dal_hotdog1_412.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I like to put both ketchup and mustard on my veggie dogs. :(

Tropicana Field is like the most vegetarian unfriendly stadium I've ever been to in my life. It's quite unfortunate. Would not recommend this dump to anybody.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ajcbraves
Braves 3B. Chipper tore meniscus during team stretch about an hour before retirement press conference.

It's a sign. Just go home now Larry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom