• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Tartabull has kids playing ball? man I still remember remember the WPIX Yankee tv commercial jingle that they played when they signed Boggs, tartabull and Jimmy Key.

No clue if he has kids playing ball.

You just brought back a whole flood of Randy Velarde and Pat Kelly memories, brah.

1 Avatar
2 Titanic
3 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
4 Transformers: Dark of the Moon
5 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
6 Seattle Mariners
7 Toy Story 3
8 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
9 Alice in Wonderland
10 Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Partially skimming over a BTBS article just now gave me an idea.

If Bryce Harper was on your team, would you be willing to give him a 10 to 15 year contract right now? Ignoring the amount of money, would you be fine with the years?

If Bryce Harper was on your team, would you be willing to give him a 10 to 15 year contract right now? Ignoring the amount of money, would you be fine with the years?

Well... the money is kinda important. I'd pay $15 million for 15 years, sure! But short answer: no.

Malo

Banned

It depends on the team. For a team like Tampa it might make more sense for them to do a 10 year contract since they wouldn't be able to afford him down the road. Now for my team, the yankees, it isn't since they obviously have the money to sign him later. Also signing anyone to a ten year contract is insane.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Matt Bush got arrested tonight for leaving the scene of an accident. Looks like it was DUI too.

Sad. Most likely the end of the career and prison time. Definitely looked he like he was going to make the bigs at some point this season for the Rays.

And pretty much goes down as the biggest bust in the history of baseball.

edit:
Full story
A Tampa Bay Rays player is responsible for a hit and run crash that seriously injured a 72-year-old motorcyclist in Port Charlotte on Thursday evening just after 5:00 p.m., according to Florida Highway Patrol.

FHP says a Dodge SUV driven by 26-year-old Rays pitcher Matt Bush was traveling south on US-41 near Town Center Mall when he struck the rear of a motorcycle driven by 72-year-old Anthony Tufano.

Reports say Bush then fled the scene traveling north on US-41.

The motorcyclist was transported by Charlotte County EMS to Peace River Regional Medical Center for a MedStar helicopter to transport him to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Center.

"Literally the tire on the SUV ran over the driver's head. Without the helmet, the gentleman would have been dead instantly," said witness Scott Sugden.

CCSO deputies, along with Sarasota County Sheriff's deputies and Florida Highway Patrol caught Bush in North Port and took him into custody.

An FHP report says alcohol was a factor.

He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and charged with fleeing the scene with serious injuries, driving with a suspended license with serious injuries, DUI with serious injuries, and DUI with property damage.

Bush was the first overall draft pick in the 2004 Major League Baseball Draft.

He has been arrested a number of times before for alcohol-related offenses spanning from 2004 to 2009.

Wow. Unreal. Just sickening.

eznark

Banned
Matt Bush got arrested tonight for leaving the scene of an accident. Looks like it was DUI too.

Sad. Most likely the end of the career and prison time. Definitely looked he like he was going to make the bigs at some point this season for the Rays.

Uh, he'll be lucky if he doesn't go to prison for the rest of his life. Better hope the guy doesn't die.

Malo

Banned

edit:
Full story

He's definitely going to prison for a long time and he deserves it. Really sad.

Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif

Flunkie

Banned
Now's not the time to be speculating about a possible trade to the Mets.

lol

But yeah, wasn't this his fourth arrest or something like that for alcohol-related events? Great example of a guy who never grew up.

Also Valentine can't wait to get in a fistfight this season, I can feel it.

For the record, the Padres selected Matt Bush over the following in 2004:

-- Justin Verlander
-- Jered Weaver
-- Stephen Drew
-- Phil Hughes
-- Huston Street
-- Yovanni Gallardo
-- Hunter Pence
-- Dustin Pedroia

Doytch

edit:
Full story

Good thing fans only get their dicks hard for steroids rumours, he'll be fine.

whatever, you're ignoring the fact here that Bobby V needed to see if a pitcher was any good- that's a man's livelihood.

I wouldn't expect anything more from a classless organization. Good thing the Mets exist.

Jon Heyman said:
"To be able to move and get on the field, much less compete, is amazing,'' marveled 33-year-old teammate Michael Cuddyer, a veteran who is 16 years Moyer's junior.
lol Cuddyer's impressed by Moyer just making the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom