• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
h3ro said:
I'm sure some of those "experts" were part of the 14 that activated Retardi-factor.

I think he's alright, I agree with some of his analysis and he, along with the writers on the blog, do a great job aggregating all the uniform news from every sport.

He's way too biased against Nike though, some of their stuff is too out there, but I think they don't deserve the hate he drops on them all the time.

He also called my favorite uniform set - the '98-'00 Devil Rays - the worst uniform in the history of baseball. I'll hold on to that irrational grudge forever.

Doytch

eznark said:
http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/204617/larry-david-profile.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Flat is unequivocally better than apartment. As is tube than subway. Fewer syllables, and as a Canadian, I'm allowed to freely crib British slang.

Oh my, it's raining outside and I forgot my brolly at home!

Fox318

5683853753_530a093ee8_o.png

old image but it looks better without the shadow.

h3ro

acheron_xl said:
He also called my favorite uniform set - the '98-'00 Devil Rays - the worst uniform in the history of baseball. I'll hold on to that irrational grudge forever.
1zzm5xj.jpg

c'mon son.

h3ro said:
1zzm5xj.jpg

c'mon son.

Not my favorite of the bunch, but I still like it. The wordmark font is rad. Great use of a gradient. The glacier twill really makes it pop in person. I am much more partial to the BP jersey that just said RAYS and the black alt.

eznark

Banned
acheron_xl said:
Not my favorite of the bunch, but I still like it. The wordmark font is rad. Great use of a gradient. The glacier twill really makes it pop in person. I am much more partial to the BP jersey that just said RAYS and the black alt.

You have awful taste

Doytch

acheron_xl said:
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Fox318

Am I the one person who liked the Diamondbacks old team colors? It was different from every other team. Now its just red and black like 40% of the teams in the league.

Fox318 said:
Am I the one person who liked the Diamondbacks old team colors? It was different from every other team. Now its just red and black like 40% of the teams in the league.

I didn't like the change because now they just have essentially the same scheme as the Astros. If any team should've had purple and teal, it probably should've been Arizona. I was really bummed when they got rid of the metallic copper. I'm a big fan of metallic threads, and it was nice seeing something other than silver and gold. The one thing I'm lamenting about the Blue Jays change is the loss of the metallic graphite.

Doytch

By far the worst thing in jerseys is the shitty "vest over t-shirt" combo. That shit is an affront to not only jersey style, but everyday style and fashion. It's even worse than wearing a t-shirt over a long sleeve. God awful.
acheron_xl said:
I didn't like the change because now they just have essentially the same scheme as the Astros. If any team should've had purple and teal, it probably should've been Arizona. I was really bummed when they got rid of the metallic copper. I'm a big fan of metallic threads, and it was nice seeing something other than silver and gold. The one thing I'm lamenting about the Blue Jays change is the loss of the metallic graphite.
Sanjuro Signal illuminated. Though tbh, it never really bothered me.

ESPN is reporting that Bud Selig informed Jim Crane that MLB will not approve the sale of the Astros unless he agrees to move the team to the AL West in 2013. Crane would get financial compensation for moving the team.

BFIB

I thought Crane admitted that a few months ago when he stated he was in discussions on purchasing the team?

Rumors are flying here in St. Louis that the Cardinals are going to schedule a press conference for Friday, with Pujols announcing his return. Of course, the rumors are coming from someone on the radio, who has no tie in w/ the Cards, but whatever. If you say it, it has to be true right?

nemss said:
I thought Crane admitted that a few months ago when he stated he was in discussions on purchasing the team?

Rumors are flying here in St. Louis that the Cardinals are going to schedule a press conference for Friday, with Pujols announcing his return. Of course, the rumors are coming from someone on the radio, who has no tie in w/ the Cards, but whatever. If you say it, it has to be true right?
Mozeliak has already shot down rumors that they've made an agreement with Pujols.

jakncoke

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
-- Teams will now have a limit on how much money they can spend on the amateur draft in an effort to try to limit ridiculous signing bonuses (Selig wanted hard slotting, players union wanted no limits, this is the compromise)

This rather sucks, its okay for rich teams to spend 100+ roster salary but the minute the small market try and spend through the draft oh hell no stop that shit.

FOOTE

I like the Cardinals the most. But I've always liked San Francisco's as well. Probably more to do with the colors more than anything.

I'm gonna drop major money once their gear is available for purchase. Love the alternate story the manager came up with.

Lurking this spring in Labatt park. Fucking genius.

I really wish I could see a re-vote which would include the post-season. I understand why it isn't included, but man, it'd be interesting to see how TLR's votes go post-WS win.

Couple of people are reporting the Cubs have selected Dale Sveum as their choice as new manager and have offered him the job.

There's also a wacky rumor that the Cubs could sign Sveum and then trade him to the Red Sox as part of Theo Epstein's compensation.

eznark

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
If PC and support groups kill this team before gear is ready for purchase I'm gonna be mad. http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011...to-serial-killer-even-with-mascot-named-jack/

Doesn't London have an annual celebration for terrorist Guy Fawkes? You'd think they'd be cool with the celebration of historical shit heads.

Francona not managing in 2012. :(
It was always a stretch to think he'd be able to get through rehab and be an effective manager with a new organization over the off-season. He'll be back in 2013 fo' sho'.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
It was always a stretch to think he'd be able to get through rehab and be an effective manager with a new organization over the off-season. He'll be back in 2013 fo' sho'.
I thought he would fit in St. Louis pretty well. No doubt he will be back though. At the very minimal there will be a Mets gig for him. On the plus side now, hopefully he will kick McCarver out of the booth for at least a few games.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I thought he would fit in St. Louis pretty well. No doubt he will be back though. At the very minimal there will be a Mets gig for him. On the plus side now, hopefully he will kick McCarver out of the booth for at least a few games.

I think it would probably be best for him to stay away from baseball for the year, get healthy, and then do playoff games in the booth.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
I think it would probably be best for him to stay away from baseball for the year, get healthy, and then do playoff games in the booth.
Having lived here my entire life, I would say the talk of his pain killer addiction was in all likelihood was exaggerated. His physical conditions though will always be an issue though.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
That was my favourite WTF moment of the playoff commercials. GAF reaction delivered, also.
I never saw it during the playoffs...at least I don't remember it. I saw it during South Park for the first time.

Doytch

Ben Cherington: “‘I think we owe it to Tim [Wakefield] to be able to present to him exactly what the opportunity would be, if any."

And the drywall recoiled in terror.

Sanjuro

I think it would be stupid not to re-sign Wake. Too much is put upon that silly win number and not the fact we didn't have any other pitchers to go to during that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom