• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sandy's got a press conference at 9:00 tonight.

I hope it's something awesome, like an extension on Bay's contract or a 5 year deal for Mike Pelfrey.

p6CIv.jpg

Never too late, become a Rays fan!

Glad to see the Marlins are being aggressive in their pursuit of winning. They do the whole blow it up and build it up again thing right. Maybe the Mets can learn a thing or two about it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Bill Smith isn't there to self destruct the twins anymore.
He's not, but Gardenhire is pushing to bring back "Cappy." I'd be fine bringing him back for $1-$2 million as a middle reliever, but they're talking about bringing him back as the closer. I have much more trust in TR than I did in Smith, but there's too much smoke around this for there not to be fire.

If they're going to sign a mediocre former Twins closer, bring back Rauch or Hawkins.

any way we can spin David Wright to the Padres for Omar Minaya? Obviously Sandy is not cut out for this job. I mean we are getting rid of latins- but we're getting rid of the wrong ones.

We'd have to take back some filler I guess. I'm thinking Wright for Minaya/Orlando Hudson.

What do you guys think?

Doytch

AAV 17.x for his age 28-33...honestly surprised it was that low. I know that's what everyone was saying all along, but I think he'll provide surplus value. Which is pretty damn awesome for a big name FA deal.

Here come the Marlins lifelongs...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AAV 17.x for his age 28-33...honestly surprised it was that low. I know that's what everyone was saying all along, but I think he'll provide surplus value. Which is pretty damn awesome for a big name FA deal.

Yeah I honestly don't get this at all unless teams were scared by red flags regarding his health. A large chunk of his value comes from his speed and when that's gone then he's basically just Carl Crawford.

Still a totally fair signing by the Marlins. They really do it the right way. Don't waste any money at all when you're in the cellar and then go big and go for it all. Other teams could learn some things from Miami.
Like how to cook the books and swindle gajillions of dollars from local taxpayers and moronic politicians

Maxim726X

Yeah I honestly don't get this at all unless teams were scared by red flags regarding his health. A large chunk of his value comes from his speed and when that's gone then he's basically just Carl Crawford.

Still a totally fair signing by the Marlins. They really do it the right way. Don't waste any money at all when you're in the cellar and then go big and go for it all. Other teams could learn some things from Miami.
Like how to cook the books and swindle gajillions of dollars from local taxpayers and moronic politicians

It was unquestionably his health. That injury last season cost him a few million dollars.

And the Mets get a third rounder out of this... Meet the Mets.

Brinbe

Nice move by the Marlins... and don't think they're done yet.

Anyway, really can't wait to see what AA does this week. Doubt the Fielder talk is real (though I wish it were) but he'll do something.

holy shit the marlins gave out a triple digit contract

over in the nba thread I'm a regular guy

here

I'm a quad L

Jayson Stark: "Now that the Marlins have Reyes and Bell, they are planning to 'aggressively pursue' Albert Pujols in the next 48 hours."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/36857/alderson-on-losing-reyes

Full transcript of Sandy's presser is up. Cliff notes - Mets are super broke.

The roster is not complete, but you had used the term 'not punting' earlier this offseason. That still holds true? What does that mean?

"I think it holds true from an overall standpoint. Will we be favored going into spring training given what may or may not happen? And keep in mind all of this is speculation at this point. If we get all our players back healthy, which would count among them people like Johan Santana, we'll be fine."

Sandy is more delusional than the average Mets fan. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom