• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Johnny Damon said:
Shoot, I was trying to tell him if he went to New York his 30 home runs turns into 40

yXb7d.jpg

Maxim726X

Marlins offer Reyes 6/111 with a 22 mil option for 7 (5 mil buyout), as per MLBtraderumors.

Bye Jose. And now the Mets get a 3rd round pick at best.

Being a Met fan- It builds character.

Malo

Banned
Marlins offer Reyes 6/111 with a 22 mil option for 7 (5 mil buyout), as per MLBtraderumors.

Bye Jose. And now the Mets get a 3rd round pick at best.

Being a Met fan- It builds character.
He's definitely going to be a Marlin and the mets should of traded him around the deadline.

Yep, say bye bye to Reyes. Mets final offer to him was 6 years/$80 million.

Can't wait to see the Hanley/Ozzie discussion about him moving to third base.

Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif

Maxim726X

If the Mets were going to max out at 90 (apparently never even got to that) then what the fuck was the point of not trading him?

Obviously someone was going to offer him over 100 million... Alderson is too smart for this. I blame the Wilpons.

MLB agreed to shorten Manny's second suspension to 50 games since he sat out all last year. But he will still be permanently banned if he gets a third suspension.

Nobility

Banned
Just here to say: Please come to Toronto, Fielder.

Also, Marlins need to bid big now on everyone before SEC destroys the finances.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the Mets were going to max out at 90 (apparently never even got to that) then what the fuck was the point of not trading him?

Obviously someone was going to offer him over 100 million... Alderson is too smart for this. I blame the Wilpons.

Even worse is the Mets are going to get a 3rd round pick as compensation because the Marlins also signed Heath Bell. They really should have traded him.

Maxim726X

Sandy's got a press conference at 9:00 tonight.

I hope it's something awesome, like an extension on Bay's contract or a 5 year deal for Mike Pelfrey.

Sandy's got a press conference at 9:00 tonight.

I hope it's something awesome, like an extension on Bay's contract or a 5 year deal for Mike Pelfrey.
If you are that jaded, why even watch the team? You're supposed to be optimistic in the off season and get more realistic as the season progresses.

Buster Olney is reporting that the Marlins and Jose Reyes have agreed on a 6-year, $110 million deal pending a physical. Hanley Ramirez will move to third base.

Malo

Banned
If you are that jaded, why even watch the team? You're supposed to be optimistic in the off season and get more realistic as the season progresses.
Dillon Gee for NL Cy Young next year.

Buster Olney is reporting that the Marlins and Jose Reyes have agreed on a 6-year, $110 million deal pending a physical. Hanley Ramirez will move to third base.
When healthy that left side of the infield is going to be amazing.

Maxim726X

I love my Mets, but there is no reason to watch the team this year, and anyone following the team knows that they're not going to sign anyone of note. Why wait to get more realistic? I'll just save myself the time.

I'm pissed that Alderson didn't do what he should have more than I am about Reyes signing elsewhere. Hopefully he does the right thing and trades Wright before the deadline and start over.

Now reports are saying that the Reyes deal is 6 years, $106 million pending a physical. No word on that 2018 $22 million option that was being discussed.

Maxim726X

Mets are the pre-Griffen Clippers.

hahahaha

They've got some hope on the horizon in guys like Wheeler, Mejia, Familia, and Harvey- But yeah this team is going to be all kinds of awful for years.

Apparently he just said that they are not entertaining offers for Wright, too. Absolute disaster. Why keep Wright here, so the team will be in last by 10 games instead of 13?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, what a contract. Now he can go back to never playing.

also lol mets couldn't top 6/106

Sources confirm Marlins/Reyes deal, for 6 years and just north of $100 mil. Will be finalized "within 24 hours" source says.
by surfingthemets via twitter 10:05 PM

#Mets never even got fonal courtesy call, can confirm #Marlins Reyes done at 6-106M
by nyp_joelsherman via twitter 9:58 PM

Sandy Alderson at one point acknowledged team losing $70 million played factor in shaping Reyes bidding tolerance.
by adamrubinespn via twitter 9:55 PM

Sandy Alderson not committing to Daniel Murphy at 2b, but said they're not pivoting to pursue free agent 2B
by adamrubinespn via twitter 9:46 PM

Alderson says Mets are not conceding 2012
by NYPost_Mets via twitter 9:45 PM

Sandy Alderson said Mets will not trade David Wright.
by adamrubinespn via twitter 9:44 PM

Alderson talking, nothing that contradicts earlier reports. Not saying expliticly, but knows Reyes is gone.
by surfingthemets via twitter 9:36 PM

Alderson confirms that if the offer is six years, $110 million for Reyes, that is beyond the Mets' threshold.
by McCulloughSL via twitter 9:36 PM

Alderson says Mets made no concrete offer to reyes.
by NYPost_Mets via twitter 9:36 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom