• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
You do realize that he could have a Joe Mauer great year and people will still bash him for only hitting 10 home runs while the Twins are 30 games out of first yet again. He is screwed no matter what.
Oh I'm fairly sure this will happen. About Mauer. The meme that doesn't die about Mauer is that he's a big pussy.

I don't think the Twins will be 30 games out of first. I don't think they're going to win 90 games or anything crazy, but I think they'll be close to .500, and they're in a crappy division.

Oh I'm fairly sure this will happen. About Mauer. The meme that doesn't die about Mauer is that he's a big pussy.

I don't think the Twins will be 30 games out of first. I don't think they're going to win 90 games or anything crazy, but I think they'll be close to .500, and they're in a crappy division.

I think the Twins are going to be spending quite a while looking up the standings at Detroit and Kansas City.

Maxim726X

Haha wow.

Mets will only get a third round pick from the Marlins if when he signs with them.

Not even trying to trade him at the deadline was such a colossal mistake.

I wanted him to be dealt, but at the same time I understand that Alderson really couldn't have made that move in NY... Wilpons need dem seats with butts.

If this situation came up in SD, he would have been dealt. He has to at least pretend that he's going to make an effort to re-sign him.

so is 2012 the year that kansas city finally breaks out?

I'm guessing 2013, but I think it's inevitable. They still have lots of guys on the farm to bring up.

Twins fans can take solace that at the very least, they'll probably be better than the White Sox for years and years.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Twins are going to be spending quite a while looking up the standings at Detroit and Kansas City.
I think Detroit played really well last year, but they have pretty brutal defense and that shit will catch up with a team. It did to the 2011 Twins. Kansas City looks like they'll be good in a year or two, too, but I mean who knows. It all depends on how all the pitchers work out.

I think 2012 will be a transitional year for the Twins. Their best prospects are all pretty young and probably won't be ready until 2014 (Hicks, Sano, Rosario), at least two members of the starting staff are FAs after the year, and they are going to have quite a few stop gap players on this year's roster. If Mauer & Morneau are both healthy and productive (I realize this is a huge if), they have a decent shot at a winning record. And really in the Comedy Central, that's a decent shot at winning the division.

I don't know, the drastic improvement from a Bill Smith led front office to a Terry Ryan led front office can't be understated. They have a lot of younger players that should start moving up in the system now, Gibson on the mend from TJ, and a great chance at a great prospect this year in the draft (Mark Appel pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease). I don't think they're going to be the '90s Twins, but there's a lot of work to do.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This being released a couple days before the winter meetings is NUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS. I wonder if it would make sense to just start spending money like crazy, to go out and get Pujols AND Fielder and Reyes and Buehrle!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
This being released a couple days before the winter meetings is NUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS. I wonder if it would make sense to just start spending money like crazy, to go out and get Pujols AND Fielder and Reyes and Buehrle!
can't wait for the 2014 firesale!

I think Detroit played really well last year, but they have pretty brutal defense and that shit will catch up with a team. It did to the 2011 Twins. Kansas City looks like they'll be good in a year or two, too, but I mean who knows. It all depends on how all the pitchers work out.

wtf8ovv.gif

ZeroRay

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Doytch

I hope they put Loria behind bars and Selig takes over the team and ships them to Montreal.

Don't think I've ever asked, are you Québécois?

Listening to yesterday's McCown; gotta say, I've kinda liked the idea of signing Prince for 6-7 years from the start, but these goons are talking about 10 years. Prince never said anything about 10 did he?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blue Jays just traded Brad Mills for Jeff Mathis.

Bahaha.

AA must have felt really bad about the Vernon Wells deal. That's the only plausible explanation that makes any sense.

Doytch

I care as much about this deal as I did about the Valbuena deal: not one bit. Not even enough to make a shitty joke. Sign Prince already AA.

Sanjuro

Robinson Cano said:
“It would be a good idea, having another lefty on the team,” Cano told the Daily News while in attendance at Ortiz’s fourth annual charity golf tournament. “We all know he's a great hitter. Last year, a lot of people were saying, ‘He’s done.’ He proved a lot of people wrong. I like people, when they’re down, they prove people wrong. He came back, did a great job.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-ortiz-yankees-article-1.986242#ixzz1fVfcaJbC

bVBMI.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure why the Rays would want a poor man's Ben Zobrist when they also already have Sean Rodriguez on the roster. Daniel Murphy is definitely a Rays type of player though, would have more value if he could actually stay healthy.

Bobby Parnell, haha. I can even admit he's worthless now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Look at the bright side. 30 starts from Kuroda next year is the 30 starts John Lackey got this year. Red Sox are gonna take the AL East now. It's a great move for the Sox assuming it happens.

Sanjuro

Look at the bright side. 30 starts from Kuroda next year is the 30 starts John Lackey got this year. Red Sox are gonna take the AL East now. It's a great move for the Sox assuming it happens.
I agree. Gotta understand current mindset too. Fucking fat ass American pitchers in their 20s can't go up to 200 innings anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom