• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

I know that feel bro.
Damn it are we turning into the Blue Jays? Fffffff
Sharp is just mad because the Nats blew their load in Jayson freakin Werth.
Werth's contract doesn't affect much in the grand scheme of things. We actually had a lower payroll last year than we did the year before. Yeah it's a shitty contract, but most of the rest of the team is relatively inexpensive and the Lerners have money to burn.

Maxim726X

Could have gotten prospects for Reyes over the summer. Alderson misstep. "Rebuilding has officially begun", should have begun in July.

No way this was his decision.

If the best offer the team could make was 80-90, he had to know Reyes was gone. He's not an idiot... I'm assuming that our benevolent ownership is still having an impact on the decisions being made.

My new favorite: 'We are not open to trading Wright'. Really? So the Mets can finish in last by 7 games instead of 10?

Again, he's too smart for this. No way he has control over these decisions.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No way this was his decision.

If the best offer the team could make was 80-90, he had to know Reyes was gone. He's not an idiot... I'm assuming that our benevolent ownership is still having an impact on the decisions being made.

My new favorite: 'We are not open to trading Wright'. Really? So the Mets can finish in last by 7 games instead of 10?

Again, he's too smart for this. No way he has control over these decisions.

I think you're giving him way too much credit, he wasn't smart enough to not take the job in the first place. Mets GM opening should have been treated with as much taint as the O's. Mets have less money and a worse owner.

Werth's contract doesn't affect much in the grand scheme of things. We actually had a lower payroll last year than we did the year before. Yeah it's a shitty contract, but most of the rest of the team is relatively inexpensive and the Lerners have money to burn.

Saying it's a shitty contract is being kind. I think the only reason the Nats gave him so much money is so that FAs in the future would take them seriously.

Keep Wright, let him build up more value and make a bigger trade during the deadline. Right on, his value can't be too high. And for teams going crazy in free agency, look at the Red Sox last year, the Eagles this year, and the Heat last year.

Sharp

Saying it's a shitty contract is being kind. I think the only reason the Nats gave him so much money is so that FAs in the future would take them seriously.
That absolutely is the only reason the Nats gave him so much money, and we all knew it at the time. It would have looked at least a little better if Werth hadn't sucked last year though (though he was still better than our previous RF solutions).

Sanjuro

Keep Wright, let him build up more value and make a bigger trade during the deadline. Right on, his value can't be too high. And for teams going crazy in free agency, look at the Red Sox last year, the Eagles this year, and the Heat last year.

We didn't go crazy in free agency. We just overpaid drastically for one guy.

Malo

Banned
One of those are not like the others.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

If the Miami Marlins came 2 games away from winning the WS in 2012 I would say that was a very successful season.

Man I'm just hoping they FAIL!! Miss the playoffs, Hanley not running after balls, LoMo using twitter while playing the OF, Ozzie cursing out the fans for not coming to games., and Reyes leaving games after going 1 for 1 in his quest to bat 1.000 for the season.

eznark

Banned
Why aren't the people of Miami up in arms screaming about these contracts? Didn't the taxpayers pretty much fund the entire stadium?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why aren't the people of Miami up in arms screaming about these contracts? Didn't the taxpayers pretty much fund the entire stadium?

What Loria did was child's play for Floridians. I mean our governor got elected even though he admitted to 14 counts of medicare fraud, in the largest case of medicare fraud in the history of the US. Honesty Floridians just couldn't care less.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Any word yet if the Marlins are going to make Reyes cut his hair like the way they made poor HanRam cut his long locks? Predator can't go out this way, I really hate the Miami Marlins now.

Fox318

gaRpDh.jpg

Why does Mr.Met have a line on his pole? That's implying that they were trying to catch Reyes.

eznark

Banned
Did Furcal sign somewhere else? Why are the Cardinals considered the top team to sign Rollins? I'd just as soon the Brewers sign Furcal to a short term deal and let the Cardinals sink a 6 year deal on JRo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The late Ron Santo got into the hall of fame today. Incredibly overdue and it was incredibly disappointing he didn't get in last season.

eznark

Banned
So. fucking. dumb.

Exactly what did Santo do between this year and last to suddenly become worthy in the voters minds?

I hate Ron Santo. A lot. But he was probably a Hall of Fame player by current "standards." That said, if he didn't make the cut last year (or all years previous) there is absolutely zero reason he should be in this year.

So. fucking. dumb.

Exactly what did Santo do between this year and last to suddenly become worthy in the voters minds?

I hate Ron Santo. A lot. But he was probably a Hall of Fame player by current "standards." That said, if he didn't make the cut last year (or all years previous) there is absolutely zero reason he should be in this year.
I agree. Why do ppl get no votes one year and then the next year win entrance?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Marlins meeting with Pujols' agent at a strip club later today according to Bustah.

If this is all a ruse to get CJ Wilson or Mark Buerhle to sign earlier then I give kudos because it sure looks like they're interested in attempting to sign Pujols to a huge contract.

Also lol Astros. Can't believe they don't have a GM in place for the Winter Meetings. Must be really awkward for all those teams desperately interested in acquiring Carlos Lee.

Aramis Ramirez, an old and potentially busted Utley and Fat Howard at 1st? Can you say best infield defense ever in 2 years?

Howard is fine at 1st, Utley's bat wasnt as good this year but his defense was fine, and Ramirez is an okay 3rd baseman. Phils also have pitchers that pile up the strikeouts, as long as those guys can hit at all Phils will be fine, sorry to disappoint everyone.

Howard is fine at 1st, Utley's bat wasnt as good this year but his defense was fine, and Ramirez is an okay 3rd baseman. Phils also have pitchers that pile up the strikeouts, as long as those guys can hit at all Phils will be fine, sorry to disappoint everyone.

lol wut? Howard and Ramirez are bad defensively. They will only be worse in 2 years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Phillies meeting with Rollins' agent didn't go to well. I guess the Phillies refused to pick up the tab for the strippers.

Can't blame Jimmy for asking for a 5 year deal. This is Amaro after all, 5/80 is what he should be asking for at the minimum from Amaro.

zychi

Banned
So. fucking. dumb.

He died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom