• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Love MLB Network's heavyweights panel -- Verducci, Heyman, Rosenthal. Rosenthal's hinting that Pujols will turn down St. Louis and go with FL.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today is reporting that a MYSTERY THIRD TEAM has come out of nowhere and offered Pujols a 10-year, $200+ million contract.

Rosenthal says the mystery team is the Angels.

newjeruse

Eh. I've watched RamRam pitch for a long time. He's nothing to get excited about. His complete arsenal of pitches reside in the 88-92 mph range. That includes his fastball, cutter, and changeup. It's very hard for him to deceive a competent hitter. His command is shit; although he's in the general vicinity of the strike zone he throws really shitty strikes. Don't take my word for it, just wait until you see him pitch.

Sanjuro

Eh. I've watched RamRam pitch for a long time. He's nothing to get excited about. His complete arsenal of pitches reside in the 88-92 mph range. That includes his fastball, cutter, and changeup. It's very hard for him to deceive a competent hitter. His command is shit although he's in the general vicinity of the strike zone he throws really shitty strikes. Don't take my word for it, just wait until you see him pitch.

I've already given my opinion on relievers in general. I'm not disagreeing with your on Ramon, but I would say overall he is a decent player to have in your pen. But, yeah...command was always his problem here.

Class move killing Pagan on his way out as well. Move him and stfu, instead they destroy him. Typical.
Really? REALLY? You of all people? They're not doing anything you haven't said and worse. Let's not make him out to be Mr. Awesome Teammate here.

Hell, even I wanted him gone this year!

newjeruse

It's possible he learned something in SF, because his K rate shot up last year. But I wouldn't count on it.

By the way, you guys have to watch the "Got Heeeem" on today's Intentional Talk. It airs in the last block, which should be after 11:50 ET tonight. I was dying when I saw it happen on Sunday. You'll laugh out loud guaranteed.

LJ11

Really? REALLY? You of all people? They're not doing anything you haven't said and worse. Let's not make him out to be Mr. Awesome Teammate here.

Hell, even I wanted him gone this year!

I don't run a baseball team, or write, or get in front of a camera, I'm just a dude who posts on the internet. Some of the shit I say on here I wouldn't say in public, mind blowing.

I don't run a baseball team, or write, or get in front of a camera, I'm just a dude who posts on the internet. Some of the shit I say on here I wouldn't say in public, mind blowing.
Obviously Terry Collins, Tom Coughlin, and Sandy Alderson (to some extent) would!

Sometimes if chewing a guy out behind the scenes doesn't work, you gotta shit on a guy in public so that he gets it. It's almost par for the course in football.

LJ11

Obviously Terry Collins, Tom Coughlin, and Sandy Alderson (to some extent) would!

Sometimes if chewing a guy out behind the scenes doesn't work, you gotta shit on a guy in public so that he gets it. It's almost par for the course in football.

But he's not on the team, it's not like they did this midseason, it's after the fact. Just move on is what I'm saying, no need to take a dump on the guy, he's not your problem.

But he's not on the team, it's not like they did this midseason, it's after the fact. Just move on is what I'm saying, no need to take a dump on the guy, he's not your problem.
I'm not gonna say anything about it because they're not saying anything that is false, at least to me.

McNei1y

I do like the havoc this week is creating with news. So many contradicting and surprising news reports. I mean I know it happens every year but it never gets old.

Phillies are no longer trying to trade Placido Polanco and are no longer interested in Aramis Ramirez. Amaro said it has nothing to do with Jimmy Rollins talks.

Pujols decision is expected by Wednesday night. The Cubs and Angels have made overtures, but it's down to the Marlins and the Cardinals. Pujols told both teams he needed an extra night to think about it. Everyone is expecting Pujols to eventually sign with the Marlins.

Also, hold on to your funny bone, but now the Phillies are interested in Gio Gonzalez. I have no idea who is left in their farm system that the A's would be remotely interested in.

Part of me thinks the Cards have to be favorites right now unless the Marlins (or somebody else) steps up with another offer. If Pujols was wowed enough by Florida's offer, you'd expect him to be signed already. Perhaps Lozano is hoping more teams will jump into the fray with another day of neogiations? Or maybe they're thinking that the Cards will match the Marlins' 250ish million offer, in fear of other teams stepping up if they don't close the deal soon?

Part of me thinks the Cards have to be favorites right now unless the Marlins (or somebody else) steps up with another offer. If Pujols was wowed enough by Florida's offer, you'd expect him to be signed already. Perhaps Lozano is hoping more teams will jump into the fray with another day of neogiations? Or maybe they're thinking that the Cards will match the Marlins' 250ish million offer, in fear of other teams stepping up if they don't close the deal soon?

You also have to remember the Marlins don't have to stay that far ahead of anyone else because Florida has no state income tax.

Doytch

I dont really want to post this on Facebook cause I know people gon get mad, but I had to share this bon mot from drunk jays fans for to-gaf:

...our local media has decided that Brandon Phillips' one last $12-million year before free agency is somehow more precious than a girl from Barrie who refuses to wear sweatpants in public...

CajoleJuice said:
why laugh at just me WHY
"We hunt him because he can take it." Franks got enough problems in his life, and LJ seems perpetually depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom