• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
Apparently the Yankees would use Nakajima in a utility role. Does this mean Nuñez is gone?

Y2kev must be happy.

jakncoke

Banned
If I am the Marlins, I give Pujols absolutely anything I can to get him to Miami. He becomes transcendental. A Latino icon in a Latino city who is dedicated to charitable contributions and has a spotless personal life (he totally rapes kids, but he seems to hide it well) can seriously turn the Marlins into the darlings of South Florida. Instead of the petulant shit heads they've been known for, they could have a beloved baseball statesman. It won't matter a shit if he has a down few years if he can transform the teams image.

I look at it as a Reggie White moment for Miami. One signing could quite literally propel the Marlins to decades of relevance long after Pujols is gone.

Or it could just be another bad signing. Either way, get the fuck out of the Central!

word. Im fucking sick of Pujols hitting like a bazillion average against the Pirates.

If Pujols joins Marlins, we will be seeing this a lot more if he didnt.
Don't do it Albert!

marlins.gif

BFIB

St. Louis media outlets reporting that Pujols will make a decision today, and that he is leaning towards returning.

That means we have a window to win over the next 2 or 3 years. Then we are paying a 35 year old Holiday, and 35 year old Pujols $40 million.

eznark

Banned
St. Louis media outlets reporting that Pujols will make a decision today, and that he is leaning towards returning.

That means we have a window to win over the next 2 or 3 years. Then we are paying a 35 year old Holiday, and 35 year old Pujols $40 million.

lol

Fox318

I thought Pujols was 45?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Apparently the Reyes deal is 10m,10m, 16m, 22m, 22m, 22m and 22m (4m buyout).

Holy Backioaded Contract Batman.

You also have to remember the Marlins don't have to stay that far ahead of anyone else because Florida has no state income tax.

The Cards still presumably have the edge over the Marlins via the NTC. Having to uproot his family now and probably again in 5 years can't be too appealing and being traded has to be a bigger ego hit than taking a few million less a year.

I also heard that road games are subject to that state's income tax but I have no clue if that's true or not. If it is, the tax gap is only half what we think it is.

When is this shit going down, they gotta wait for MLBN to be on the air or something? Stop disrespecting Scott Kazmir mlbtradrumors, comeback poty 2012.

The Cards still presumably have the edge over the Marlins via the NTC. Having to uproot his family now and probably again in 5 years can't be too appealing and being traded has to be a bigger ego hit than taking a few million less a year.

I also heard that road games are subject to that state's income tax but I have no clue if that's true or not. If it is, the tax gap is only half what we think it is.
Yea it is true. The game checks of those road games need to pay the taxes of that state and city. Boomer Esaison was talking bout it in his radio show today.

BFIB

Rangers appear to be in on Ike Davis. This trade surprises me. Figured the Mets would want to hold on to him for another couple years.

Pujols was very close to agreeing with the Marlins last night until the Cardinals jumped in at the last second with a panic offer that restarted everything. Cards new offer is believed to be 10 years, $220 million.

Marlins have told Pujols their offer is final and will not increase. They've already begun talks with Prince Fielder in case Pujols sticks with the Cardinals.

The Cards are gonna be paying out the ass for Pujols.

Sucks that in a market where the Yankees and Red Sox don't participate, the fucking Marlins of all teams drive up Albert's price tag. As long as he still gives us a couple more great years, I'm okay with it. The team has already given me more championships in the past few years than fans of other teams have gotten in their lifetimes (lmao Cubs).

Making Pujols a Cardinal for life is worth more to me than competing in 2021. Especially if we're still a contender while he still has some left in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom