• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So uh, looks like there is a "mystery team" involved in the Pujols discussions.

Cubs?

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...lbert-pujols-marlins-cardinals-mystery-team/1

DALLAS -- Marquee free-agent first baseman Albert Pujols, fueling the most lucrative bidding war in baseball history, obtained three 10-year contract proposals Tuesday that would pay him in excess of $200 million, an official close to the negotiations told USA TODAY.

The official could not comment on the negotiations because they are ongoing.

Pujols, who could announce his decision as early as Wednesday, has offers from the St. Louis Cardinals, Florida Marlins and a third team that has publicly declined to be identified.

Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak confirmed his club increased its offer to Pujols late Tuesday, his first offer in nine months.

Jangocube

Banned
Oh, that Reyes signing is going to be an absolute nightmare when all is said and done.

But Pujols for 10 years? He's supposedly 31 right? Lordy lordy.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
who ever negotiates for mystery team needs to be fired, they never seem to sign players that they are in on.

who ever negotiates for mystery team needs to be fired, they never seem to sign players that they are in on.
Weren't the Phillies the "mystery team" for awhile during their Cliff Lee signing? I seem to recall them swooping in on the Rangers & Yankees at the very end.

Still can't imagine Pujols in a Miami uniform though.

EDIT: Wow @ 3 different 10 year offers.

Sanjuro

I still thought the Yankees would make a push at Poopholes. No way they would appear as the "mystery team".

Going to go with a AL team. Orioles, Jays, Angels.

If Pujols leaves, will his legacy take a hit a la Lebron? Lebron left he hometown and didn't win a title. Pujols has won two with the Cards. I dont think it should hurt him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Pujols leaves, will his legacy take a hit a la Lebron? Lebron left he hometown and didn't win a title. Pujols has won two with the Cards. I dont think it should hurt him.

Unless he decides to go on ESPN and tell everyone he's signing with the Marlins then does a ridiculous over the top party with Reyes and Bell, I'm going to say no chance.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Great news Mets fans. They just signed Jon Rauch, pending a physical. 1 year 3.5 million. There goes the budget for the offseason.
I love Rauch. I wish the Twins would've brought him back instead of Capps. He's at least got an interesting personality. The reporters in Mpls hated him since he gave glares of death after ballgames. I'm all for this since the Mpls Twins beat reporters are mostly pretty shitty.

Marlins just came out of a meeting with Pujols' agent. Team President David Samson says "Nothing to report."

Mets and Jon Rauch agree to a one-year deal.

Sanjuro

There are 81 home games in a season and they can still charge that much? Damn.

I haven't purchased a ticket from the Red Sox box office in eight years. StubHub is your friend. Wait closer to the actual date and you'll find some good deals. With Fenway you are going to need to go to some seatdata websites though to avoid obstructions.

I slept outside the stadium before Clemens final game there in 2003. Woke up with a rat the size of a cat next to my head.

Rosenthal reports that Mets are close to a trade with another team to acquire another relief pitcher. It's a 2-for-1 deal with the Mets getting two players. It's defined as a "change of scenery" deal, which is essentially "you take my trash, I'll take your's".

Sanjuro

Rosenthal reports that Mets are close to a trade with another team to acquire another relief pitcher. It's a 2-for-1 deal with the Mets getting two players. It's defined as a "change of scenery" deal, which is essentially "you take my trash, I'll take your's".

Bobby Jenks!

Maxim726X

Ohhh please include Bay!

PLEASE

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Say goodbye to Wright

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If Pujols does sign with the Marlins, it would be an awkward spring training.

After all, the Marlins and Cardinals do share a spring training faculty (Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, FL)...

clemenx

Banned
I like it. I may underrate Pagan a bit due to dislike but I think he's expendable and Torres can be better.

Trade Pelfrey please.

Maxim726X

I like it. I may underrate Pagan a bit due to dislike but I think he's expendable and Torres can be better.

Trade Pelfrey please.

I don't know about that... Torres is a borderline bench player.

Ramirez, on the other hand, is a nice pick up.

EDIT- Since Torres isn't a great option as a starter- maybe the Mets are going after Cespedes? I can dream, right?

Sanjuro

I was about to say, I would take the chance on some sort of Bay scenario...until.

2012 salary: $16 million.

2013 salary: $16 million.

lol, no.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If everybody hates on the Marlins the way they hate on the Heat, then 2012 is going to be fucking awesome.

We're going to party like it's 1997 again...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
We're going to party like it's 1997 again...
Like this?

MsW2G.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom