• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Long live Omar. He's basically immovable.

Well, I made it look more pleasant on the eyes. He has an option for 2014 as well.

2014 vesting option details: 600 plate appearances in 2013 or 500 plate appearances in both the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

2014 salary: $17 million (or $3 million buyout).

Like this?

MsW2G.jpg
And that was a packed house.

Andres Torres is 34 years old, and this should tell you how Terry Collins didn't want Pagan on his team. Bottom line, Pagan is a knucklehead.

As for Ramirez, Mets have wanted to revamp their pen for awhile. It's a decent move.

Rauch? I like Rauch.

Wait, they got Frank Francisco too?

john-wall-dougie-o.gif

clemenx

Banned
I was fine with just Rauch and the trade. I'm sure we can find some random dude on the minors to have a good season, don't get Francisco.

Oh well, maybe Sandy can ship them relievers at the deadline for prospects.

Can't wait to watch Torres play, hopefully he leads off.
I like Torres only because it means Pagan is gone and Torres finally won't hit vs. the Mets. That dude had some big hits vs. the Mets. Ramirez has always had talent, but something keeps holding him back from being real good.

EDIT: wrong Ramirez.

Ondore

Did Sandy stop watching every Jays game after the 7th this year so he could answer calls to 888-BATSNOW? 'Cause Rauch and Francisco were utter shit for most of the year.

Did Sandy stop watching every Jays game after the 7th this year so he could answer calls to 888-BATSNOW? 'Cause Rauch and Francisco were utter shit for most of the year.
Change o' scenery. Bottom line, you hope the change of league will help.

I'm hearing from Burkhardt on Mets Hot Stove Mets are NOT calling Francisco the closer, it's going to be a open competition in Spring Training.

Change o' scenery. Bottom line, you hope the change of league will help.

I'm hearing from Burkhardt on Mets Hot Stove Mets are NOT calling Francisco the closer, it's going to be a open competition in Spring Training.

Burkhardt also said that either Sandy or Collins did not want Pagan on the team. Seems like his attitude was too much.

Burkhardt also said that either Sandy or Pagan did not want Pagan on the team. Seems like his attitude was too much.
Remember when Terry had to bring him in the office around August-September and talk with him? That was the last straw I'm hearing. Plus the constant fuckups... remember, most of us wanted to flip Pagan LAST year off his career season.

Once thing Torres brings you is he's more a true leadoff hitter in terms of patience at the dish.

LJ11

I like Torres only because it means Pagan is gone and Torres finally won't hit vs. the Mets. That dude had some big hits vs. the Mets. Ramirez has always had talent, but something keeps holding him back from being real good.

EDIT: wrong Ramirez.

HAHAHA

What a fucking relief, my palms were sweaty every time he came up.

Edit: Now you get to watch him not hit while he's with the Mets.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Among Ps with 250 Gs since 2008, Ramon Ramirez’s 2.77 ERA is 6th in MLB behind Rivera, Bell, K-Rod, Papelbon, Valverde

You know I'm not really sure why he's so underrated. He's the best player involved in the deal but nobody is talking about the poor guy.

(side note: Ps with 250 Gs sounds like an awesome rap song title)

Sanjuro

Among Ps with 250 Gs since 2008, Ramon Ramirez’s 2.77 ERA is 6th in MLB behind Rivera, Bell, K-Rod, Papelbon, Valverde

You know I'm not really sure why he's so underrated. He's the best player involved in the deal but nobody is talking about the poor guy.

(side note: Ps with 250 Gs sounds like an awesome rap song title)

I always liked Ramon for what it's worth.

According to MLB-GAF the players in bold are dogshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom