• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy the Rollins deal isnt done, still time to let him walk. Hopefully Madson wont accept arbitration tonight and things will be good.

Maxim726X

Everything is a horrible idea to you. Mets are trying to accumulate prospects, can't hurt to listen to offers. Unless Niese is a Cy Young in the making.

I'm not totally against it.

Just about the only position the Mets are deep in is starting pitching (in the minors, of course). If they can get a legit catching prospect and then some I'd be all for it.

Marlins are officially out on Pujols. They withdrew their offer because Pujols' side took too long.

Marlins' six-year offer is still on the table for C.J. Wilson and they continue to talk with Prince Fielder.

The Angels are talking with Pujols, but it's believed it's only posturing for leverage against Wilson.

clemenx

Banned
Lol, that would be fun. I don't think I've seen anyone reducing an offer.

But they can't do that! What about MYSTERY TEAM?

You know the Cardinals want to strangle the Marlins for driving up the market for Pujols and then backing out, lol.

M6aUH.jpg

I'm not totally against it.

Just about the only position the Mets are deep in is starting pitching (in the minors, of course). If they can get a legit catching prospect and then some I'd be all for it.
Definitely. Looks like Juerys Familia will get a chance at rotation and Harvey could be up by seasons end.

Jon Morosi:

Source confirms Marlins believe they are out on Albert Pujols.

Marlins knew they'd have to blow Cardinals offer away to get Pujols. It didn't happen.

Marlins saying they are now making a run at Prince Fielder.

Sanjuro

Personally I would bite regardless of the stigma. Buehrle made the most sense for our rotation though.

We signed Andrew Miller for a one year deal as well. Making less than he did last year. Maybe he finds his way to the pen and still gives me my "Miller-Time" catchphrase.

Sanjuro

My Valentines for the day.

Bobby V on reaching out to Josh Beckett said:
"I did reach out to Josh, and he didn't want me to say anything so I'm not going to say anything other than after he got through telling me how pissed off he was, we had a really good conversation," said Valentine. "I'm not going to say anything about it."

Bobby V on hating the Yankees said:
"I hate the Yankees. I don't want to waste this valuable time talking about the Yankees. This is too valuable," Valentine said to laughter in his meeting with the media at the winter meetings. "I told [Yankees manager] Joe Girardi I used to love them, but now I hate them."

Bobby V on Hipster Manager said:
"If I was a broadcaster answering that question [about his thoughts on the Rays], I would say that everyone would rather have an expert team than have a team of experts, and I think that they strive to have an expert team and have succeeded in doing that," said Valentine.

This season is going to be absurdly delicious from a media sense.

cashman

Banned
It's gonna be fucking hilarious when the Marlins can't support all these big contracts and have to hold a fire sale in 2-3 years.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
sounds like the braves are going to give Tyler Pastronicky a chance to win the SS job out of spring training, didn't expect that. I think there were rumors that they were looking for a veteran backup too so i guess that can be the fallback, but it sounds like its his job to lose.

edit: also, WAR calculator http://wahoosonfirst.com/war-calculator/ OOOoooo Ahhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom