• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Yeah, it seems like I get most news here anyway.

Forgot about Carlos Beltran as well. Where is the drama!? 2011 told me he was the next big thing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, it seems like I get most news here anyway.

Forgot about Carlos Beltran as well. Where is the drama!? 2011 told me he was the next big thing.

I honestly don't get the lack of Beltran interest. His demands must be absurd (well duh Boras), he had a nice season last year. Hoping he ends up in Texas just to watch him mash.

Maxim726X

Metsblog

Pirates want Ike Davis, Mets’ price is high
posted on December 7th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

John Perrotto of the Beaver County Times says the Pirates would like to trade for Ike Davis, but the Mets are seeking prospects Starling Marte and Brad Lincoln.

Marte, 23, is an outfielder who hit .332 with 24 stolen bases, 12 home runs and 50 RBI in 129 games for Double-A Altoona in 2011. He’s considered a five-tool talent with outstanding speed and is among the Pirates top position-player prospects.

Lincoln, 26, went 7-8 with a 4.19 ERA in 111 innings over 19 starts for Triple-A Indianapolis in 2011. In five minor league seasons, Lincoln is 28-32 with a 4.07 ERA in 469 1/3 innings.

Wha? I love Marte as much as the next guy- But giving up Davis? Sandy is all over the place.

clemenx

Banned
I'll ask for an actual pitching prospect on top of that. I see Lincoln as a AAAA dude maybe a number 5. Maybe Alex Dickerson as well.

clemenx

Banned
The Mets should, under no circumstance, trade Ike.

Who plays first? He's got a great bat and a great glove.

I agree, I'm not comfortable with this. I'd rather they trade Niese. The only way would be getting a lesser 1B prospect back, like Dickerson from the Pirates.

Rosenthal:
Sources: Pujols in talks with #Angels, #Cardinals and a third, unidentified club. #MLB
Those fuckers have to be recycling tweets.

jakncoke

Banned
Well Brad Lincoln fucking sucks. Not sure how i feel about giving up Marte. If we do end up doing the trade and it involved giving up Lincoln, i wonder what we plan on doing for a rotation. I figured he was going to be in the mix with. Correia/McDonald/Karstens + new cheap over the hill vet + lincoln.

K-Rod reportedly accepts arbitration. What a dick!

"I don't want to close, blah blah blah, I have the heart of the closer, blah blah blah."

But I'll accept arbitration to pitch behind John Axford!

Brewers off-season is so, so bad.

LJ11

I'm not sure what Ike will be, but he looked very good last year, and his glove is pretty damn good. He'd probably mash at PNC. Don't want to overrate him but if that's all the Mets are asking for then the deal would probably be done.

I don't remember hearing about 1B prospects in the system that would push Ike, put I know they had 3B they could switch to first... Lemme see the farm system list...

Wow, the Angels are really going in. I don't keep up with baseball as much as most of you fellas, but did anyone see Anaheim opening up the pockets?

Sanjuro

Wow, the Angels are really going in. I don't keep up with baseball as much as most of you fellas, but did anyone see Anaheim opening up the pockets?

Absolutely. They have always had depth to their pockets. They have a pretty solid core with some payrolls coming off the books this season and a few the next.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
well they already were one of the biggest spenders in mlb and are in the LA area...so yeah. The question was not if they were going to spend money, it was if they were going to spend it wisely. lol vernon wells.

Jon

LOL, those of you on Twitter may be familiar with FanSince09 -- a satirical Phillies fan account who hates 'Coal Hammels' and who purposely spells things wrong like a dumbass. Well, tonight he posted a fake confirmation about Jimmy signing for 5/70 mil, and it's been picked up by international news outlets.

Insane. Pretty hilarious.

LOL, those of you on Twitter may be familiar with FanSince09 -- a satirical Phillies fan account who hates 'Coal Hammels' and who purposely spells things wrong like a dumbass. Well, tonight he posted a fake confirmation about Jimmy signing for 5/70 mil, and it's been picked up by international news outlets.

Insane. Pretty hilarious.

holy shit i saw that and didn't realize it was started by him. he is amazing.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today is reporting the Angels made an offer of 10 years, $210 million to Pujols, which is $10 million less than the Marlins final offer (10 years/$220 million).

Cardinals still the front runners, despite their deal being only 9 years.

excerpt about the Mets and the recent trade offers:
MetsBlog said:
It’s worth noting, however, that Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal is saying the Mets are not necessarily ‘shopping Niese,’ but simply listening to offers.

Actually, Martino says the Mets are listening to trade proposals on “just about everybody,” though a source says it’s very unlikely R.A. Dickey gets moved. Martino also says teams have asked about Mike Pelfrey, but the Mets have been underwhelmed by what people are offering.

Similarly, earlier today, Sherman said the Mets are listening to offers for everyone but David Wright – after which SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt said, ‘Ike Davis isn’t going anywhere,’ based on his conversations with a reliable source. Also, Sherman says – though the Mets have asked around - they have found absolutely no interest from other teams in Jason Bay.

Despite all the talk of trades, two Mets officials told Martino it’s not likely Niese will be traded tonight. Similarly, one Mets official told David Lennon of Newsday that he’d be ‘surprised’ if Niese is traded this evening as well.
Sounds like Mets aren't really trying to trade Niese and Ike, but they'll dangle the shit outta them and see if a team throws a bunch of prospects at the Mets.

also I'm SHOCKED the trade proposals for Pelfrey have been underwhelming. SHOCKED AND NOT APPALLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom