• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the last person to underrate Lucroy (love that guy!), but I think that teams pushes beyond 90 losses. Yes the pitching is good, but in general struggled within the division...where it turns out they play a lot of their games :(

Cinci is the only team in the NLC at this point that scares me. It's becoming a pretty shitty division.

Brinbe

Does anyone else think this'll now strengthen the Mariners' resolve in going after Fielder? Wouldn't want to get overshadowed in the division.
KuGsj.gif

Malo

Banned
Never thought I'd see someone approach Arod's ridiculous contract.

This makes Trumbo and Morales expendable.

verbum

Or steal government grants for bullshit "innovations"

This goes against every get rich quick scheme devised!

You mean like solar panels? Or selling fiberglass armor to the military?

Good for Pujols. He had a great World Series. That will take a little bit of pressure off the Brewers starting pitching. : )

eznark

Banned
Good for Pujols. He had a great World Series. That will take a little bit of pressure off the Brewers starting pitching. : )

Matt Holliday just became the league leader in IBB.

Holliday is in decline. Pujols is gone. Berkman just has to regress. Craig is hurt. Their pitching can't do it all.
Let me point you back to our potential lineup.....

eznark

Banned
I wonder if this will alter negotiations for Fielder now.

pleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinals

pleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinalspleasenotthecardinals

I was thinking the Cardinals.

Fox318

So the Cubs?

verbum

The Brewers are far from out of it on Fielder, tweets Jon Heyman of MLB Network.
Most of the teams talking to Boras about Fielder don't want to commit to the seven or eight-year contract Fielder desires, topping out at five years, tweets Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

The Marlins were probably a smokescreen by Boras from what I'm reading.
Would Milwaukee go 7 years to keep him from the Cardinals?

Jon

What are the Angels going to do with Morales and Trumbo? Morales, despite coming off ankle issues, could be a huge pickup for a team. Trumbo showed some skills last year, probably had a better year than the Angels anticipated. If you pencil in one as the DH, one could be a valuable trade chip.

What are the Angels going to do with Morales and Trumbo. Morales, despite coming off ankle issues, could be a huge pickup for a team. Trumbo showed some skills last year, probably had a better year than the Angels anticipated. If you pencil in one as the DH, one could be a huge trade chip.

I've been crossing my fingers that any team that signed Pujols would trade their preexisting 1B to the Brewers. I was wishing for Gaby Sanchez, but Trumbo will do as long as the price is right.

Jon

I've been crossing my fingers that any team that signed Pujols would trade their preexisting 1B to the Brewers. I was wishing for Gaby Sanchez, but Trumbo will do as long as the price is right.

Lol, Brewers trade K-Rod to Angels for Trumbo. Full circle!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I said wow. I don't loathe the Angels, but I do find them incredibly annoying. Not pleased about this.

Oh well, at least I'll get to enjoy the delicious schadenfreude that's about to start rolling in!

I guess the Angles will go on full salary purge next season, they have Hunter, Abreu, Santana, and Harden coming off the books. Guess they are going all or nothing this season.

Still contract is insane.

ToxicAdam

Just heard the news, I am completely floored. I don't think a contract signing has ever been this stunning. Even the Arod/Texas deal made more sense at the time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Just heard the news, I am completely floored. I don't think a contract signing has ever been this stunning. Even the Arod/Texas deal made more sense at the time.
I heard it on my drive into work this morning, and my mouth dropped open. Couldn't believe it.

Malo

Banned
So?

$250-$260
10 Years
No-Trade/No-Opt Out

Dude will be around 43 when it's all said and done.
What if the contract is back-loaded? Dear mother of god.

Given the news feeds of a lot of facebook friends, there is a lot of "We didn't need him anyway!" The jersey burnings will probably start in the weekend when the drinking ensues.
Good to know, I'll be looking for that.

Hai guys, any updat---

MYSTERY TEEEEAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!

Stunned. Fucker's in the AL too now, dammit. Well, we can all have fifty million chuckles at what the Angels are paying for in 2015 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom