• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Sports "journalism" is every bit as atrocious as games "journalism"
Journalists was straw #1 in me quitting vidja games. Hopefully 'straw #2: wealth of idiot fans' doesn't permeate this thread. (How do I keep the Leafs fans out of this thread once the Jays become good???)

And yes, I am aware that having multiple straws breaks the metaphor. Blow me.

eznark

Banned
"rumor is"
"word is"
"sources say"

All things John Heyman led reports with. Earlier in the day he ripped rumor mongers for starting Rollins to Tigers.

I would not be surprised if you looked through his tweets and saw he was the one who started it.

Are bandwagon Jays fans going to create starting lineups in this thread like Manics does in the NHL thread?

That'd be cool

here i'll start

1. DrWho LF
2. brinbe RF
3. DevelopmentArrested 3B
4. Doytch 1B
5. RGill C

Rotation:
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

50 game ped suspension:

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Heyman is trolling Jays fans hard.

:jnc

I will admit that I didn't see the subtle references when I first read that.

That being said I can't see the Jays bidding more then maybe 30ish million. Even that just seems so out of character for Anthopolous.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Journalists was straw #1 in me quitting vidja games. Hopefully 'straw #2: wealth of idiot fans' doesn't permeate this thread. (How do I keep the Leafs fans out of this thread once the Jays become good???)

I thought we were cool man. :(

Are bandwagon Jays fans going to create starting lineups in this thread like Manics does in the NHL thread?

That'd be cool

here i'll start

1. DrWho LF
2. brinbe RF
3. DevelopmentArrested 3B
4. Doytch 1B
5. RGill C

Rotation:
1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

50 game ped suspension:

Where does reality fit in that squad? The Jays are not better than a 3rd place "who gives a crap" squad, as usual.

Title will come from one of the following: Boston, LAA, Texas, Detroit"

LOL, NL

LOL, Gaffers

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!

Meh I doubt it would be worse then the 7th circle of hell that is the official Blue Jays forum.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
"rumor is"
"word is"
"sources say"

All things John Heyman led reports with. Earlier in the day he ripped rumor mongers for starting Rollins to Tigers.

I would not be surprised if you looked through his tweets and saw he was the one who started it.

I had Danny Knobler commenting on it before Heyman, but looked more like he was trying to walk it back.

Doytch

By "Leafs fans" he means people currently advocating trading Rasmus and/or will ask why the Jays don't trade their first round picks for impact players.
Srsly. Whenever someone mentions trading a pick, I just tune out immediately. Can't even get the rules straight, smfh.

This Darvish stuff won't get sorted out til next week. Can we keep the "Heard this" tweets out, and only stick with seemingly credible stuff?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
This Darvish stuff won't get sorted out til next week. Can we keep the "Heard this" tweets out, and only stick with seemingly credible stuff?
He's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Darvish pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

rinse82

I too see the Jays only puttting in a modest bid, that way Rogers can tell its fanbase - "hey guys we tried, tough luck right?"

Still holding out hope for a Fielder/Darvish future by next week :(

eznark

Banned
Srsly. Whenever someone mentions trading a pick, I just tune out immediately. Can't even get the rules straight, smfh.

That essentially rules out all of twitter.

Sharp

Hearing Heyman live was hilarious as he tried to report news like the whole Pujols deal without making anyone look bad. Got to protect those awesome sources, eh Heyman?

eznark

Banned
Hearing Heyman live was hilarious as he tried to report news like the whole Pujols deal without making anyone look bad. Got to protect those awesome sources, eh Heyman?

Are you referring to his sources as plural to protect his lone font of information (and his true benefactor) Scott Boras?

Sharp

Are you referring to his sources as plural to protect his lone font of information (and his true benefactor) Scott Boras?
Hey man, Scott Boras is an official Friend of the Nats(TM) and ain't nothing gonna change my mind about that. After all, he got us prizes like Jayson Werth!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
By "Leafs fans" he means people currently advocating trading Rasmus and/or will ask why the Jays don't trade their first round picks for impact players.

Then we are cool once again.

I'm hoping to become a card carrying member of Jays-Age...but I think I need a laptop to do that since my TV is no longer right across from my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom