• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
so did jeter, braun and darvish have some kind of gay orgy then?

I can neither confirm nor deny, just passing along what multiple unconfirmed reports I have heard from multiple sources close to the individuals potentially allegedly involved.

Doytch

O SHII RT @eznark I can neither confirm nor deny, just passing along what multiple unconfirmed reports I have heard from multiple sources c

Crasnick is reporting the Cubs increased their offer to Fielder this week.

Also, reports are out saying the Cubs would be willing to eat $45 million of Soriano's remaining $54 million if anyone takes him. They also said they'd eat $15 million of Zambrano's $18 million this season in a trade.

Crasnick is reporting the Cubs increased their offer to Fielder this week.

Also, reports are out saying the Cubs would be willing to eat $45 million of Soriano's remaining $54 million if anyone takes him. They also said they'd eat $15 million of Zambrano's $18 million this season in a trade.

I would love for the Phils to get Soriano. Maybe a change of scenery could get him back on track.

There's a hilarious incentive in Dontrelle Willis' deal with the Phillies.

He gets a $25,000 bonus if he makes 30 plate appearances.

Not too far fetched. He's a great hitting pitcher.

BFIB

Cardinals and J.C. Romero have agreed to a one-year deal.

As long as its about what we've been looking to spend on LOOGY's in the past, I'm ok w/ the deal. K-Mac pitches against lefties well, and we'll have Scrabble down in the 'pen as well.

Now, we just need another bat.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins offically signed Willingham. 3 yr/21m
Pretty stoked about this deal. Less stoked if the Twins spend their remaining budget on Michael effing Cuddyer.

If the Cubs will truly eat $15 million of Zambrano's salary, the Twins should be on the phone with them ASAP.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A bit odd that all the rumors over here would indicate its the Blue Jays with the huge bid. Most Japanese newspapers are under the impression that the Rangers had the high bid, some speculation at about 49 million or so.

I personally think the Rangers got the highest bid in, but just my own hunch. Don't think the Jays put in a "sky high" bid. Guess we'll just find out for good in a couple days.

Whatever happened to Kawakumi, Iwakuma, sammy swanson samsonite or whatever? The A's won his rights last year and he didn't want to negotiate. Brah got passed up by Wada and the like.

Kawakami was paid $6.67 million to rot in AA all season, despite the fact he was a much better pitcher than Derek "0-5 in September" Lowe. Kawakami's lack of run support and amount of goofy shit that would happen when he pitched has to be record-setting.

He must have seriously pissed someone off behind the scenes, because the team seriously hated him even though he was very hard on himself in post-game interviews when he pitched well but got jackshit run support. Even Bobby "Player's Manager" Cox wouldn't defend Kawakami and said he sucked, meanwhile proclaiming that Derek Lowe was going to be a 20-game winner in 2011.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Whatever happened to Kawakumi, Iwakuma, sammy swanson samsonite or whatever? The A's won his rights last year and he didn't want to negotiate. Brah got passed up by Wada and the like.

Hisashi Iwakuma. Free agent and will try to sign with a MLB team this year. Had shoulder problems last year but did put up good stats in Japan.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kawakami was paid $6.67 million to rot in AA all season, despite the fact he was a much better pitcher than Derek "0-5 in September" Lowe. Kawakami's lack of run support and amount of goofy shit that would happen when he pitched has to be record-setting.

He must have seriously pissed someone off behind the scenes, because the team seriously hated him even though he was very hard on himself in post-game interviews when he pitched well but got jackshit run support. Even Bobby "Player's Manager" Cox wouldn't defend Kawakami and said he sucked, meanwhile proclaiming that Derek Lowe was going to be a 20-game winner in 2011.
Derek Lowe > Kenshin Kawakami

Hisashi Iwakuma. Free agent and will try to sign with a MLB team this year. Had shoulder problems last year but did put up good stats in Japan.

That brah good have been a star if he signed in Oakland and wasn't arrogant. He would have brought in millions in sponsorship money. He could have been in Moneyball.

Fielder would be perfect for the Nationals. They were a .500 team in 2011. A full season of Strasburg and adding Fielder could make them a 90-win team. Then they could stick Morse back in left field and find someone to take Adam LaRoche off their hands. Zimmerman/Fielder/Werth/Morse would be a dynamite 3-6.

Which is why I hope it won't happen.

McNei1y

Fielder would be perfect for the Nationals. They were a .500 team in 2011. A full season of Strasburg and adding Fielder could make them a 90-win team. Then they could stick Morse back in left field and find someone to take Adam LaRoche off their hands. Zimmerman/Fielder/Werth/Morse would be a dynamite 3-6.

Which is why I hope it won't happen.

It's to perfect to make sense so the Nats FO decides to avoid it. It'll give us a first baseman for some years to go with our core players. Werth - Zimmerman - Fielder - Morse - Harper would be a monster 2-6 with Espinosa and Ramos behind them... Ugh that lineup! I'm sad it won't happen though.

I'm also sad that the Nats probably didn't attempt on Darvish. We're probably going to trade for Danks and give up way to much for him. *sigh*

Doytch

So last night I had a dream that Prince Fielder was playing for the O's.

It shall happen...
Why do O's fans do this to themselves? If you got Prince, you'd have maybe an 80 win team... What's the point? Just strip it down and rebuild already.

(Remember the arguments we had last offseason about how the O's offense was gonna be a murderer's row?)

Jon

Jays won the bid for Darvish. Congrats Doytch et all. Apparently, the bid was made at the behest of Mr. Rogers himself...not the molesty one, the owner one.

Sharp

Why do O's fans do this to themselves? If you got Prince, you'd have maybe an 80 win team... What's the point? Just strip it down and rebuild already.

(Remember the arguments we had last offseason about how the O's offense was gonna be a murderer's row?)
I don't remember these arguments at all.

Doytch

Jays won the bid for Darvish. Congrats Doytch et all. Apparently, the bid was made at the behest of Mr. Rogers himself...not the molesty one, the owner one.

I read this over breakfast but I still don't buy it. As in, not ordering my Darvish jersey just yet. These are all still rumours, and only AA and Beeston (and maybe Nadir Mohammed) know what the Jays bid.

The insiders are just all sitting in an echo chamber as far as I'm concerned.

Brinbe

UtMWT.gif

ibe3YFTULDb8RL.gif

Now time to watch http://youtu.be/JO3Z5-cka-g a billion times till Spring Training.

Hopefully, we can only snag Prince too...

Doytch

If you ever need a refresher on why Bowden isn't a GM anymore, read an article of his on ESPN. His suggested trades for the White Sox rebuild are loltastic. Getting Marte and someone for Gavin Floyd, trading for Eric Surkamp (loool, can't imagine that in the AL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom