• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

rekameohs

Banned
ah that makes more sense lol.

it will be interesting to see how Fister can do as the game 1/5 starter as Verlander will likely only get 1 start in the ALCS (game 4... there is a small chance he goes 3 and 7 but I imagine he will be kept on normal rest so he can be ready for the WS)

Managers that prepare for the following series instead of the current one are the dumb ones.

Jangocube

Banned
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, what a game.

Nate McLouth being a beast as usual, and JJ Hardy actually did something! Game 5 it is! Fear the magic.........

Has any team ever done this to the Yankees, going this length of time, trading blow for blow, both opponents fighting all out with the whole season on the line?

It feels like a goddamn Rocky movie.

I just hope it ends like Rocky 2 instead of Rocky 1.

Toth

Has any team ever done this to the Yankees, going this length of time, trading blow for blow, both opponents fighting all out with the whole season on the line?

Many times. Yankees haven't had a smooth postseason since...1998? I do no think they had an easy ALDS save for the Twins.

Blearth

Banned
Having Melky back would be SO sweet.

Giants management put Mota on the playoff roster, and he failed twice. Why the hell can't they put Melky back on?

Having Melky back would be SO sweet.

Giants management put Mota on the playoff roster, and he failed twice. Why the hell can't they put Melky back on?

1) Melky hasn't faced live pitching in almost 8 weeks. How good would he even be?

2) Mota didn't try to escape his suspension by making a fake website. Also, Mota's second positive test wasn't steroid-related.

3) Having Melky back would cause a shitstorm of media attention that could adversely affect the team.

4) Bringing Melky back would really disrupt the chemisty this team no doubt formed by storming this comeback from down 0-2.

RBH

Hell of a season for Oakland regardless of the outcome yesterday.

Interested to now see what Selig will do in regards to the San Jose situation.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Good game by the O's, a bit upset the A's lost, but they did well in their series. But hey, all 4 went to 5 games, how about that?!

I'm just mad that tonight I won't be able to see the game because my friend is forcing me on a double date. I will attempt to follow the game, but all those normal people who don't enjoy sports are just going to be a nuisance with all their questions like, "Who is winning?" and "What is a baseball?". Wish me luck.

eznark

Banned
Good game by the O's, a bit upset the A's lost, but they did well in their series. But hey, all 4 went to 5 games, how about that?!

I'm just mad that tonight I won't be able to see the game because my friend is forcing me on a double date. I will attempt to follow the game, but all those normal people who don't enjoy sports are just going to be a nuisance with all their questions like, "Who is winning?" and "What is a baseball?". Wish me luck.

Normal people watch sports. It's the fucking freaks and hipsters who don't.

Go anywhere with a TV.

ah that makes more sense lol.

it will be interesting to see how Fister can do as the game 1/5 starter as Verlander will likely only get 1 start in the ALCS (game 4... there is a small chance he goes 3 and 7 but I imagine he will be kept on normal rest so he can be ready for the WS)

Fister has been fine and think the Tigers have no problem winning game 1 or 2. Verlander in the 3 spot is not bad - If they are up 2-0, he can close the door. If they are tied, he puts them up 2-1. Down 2-0, he can breathe life back into the team.

Ah, nothing like the morning after a good clincher :). Proud of my Giants and to a lesser extent the A's for coming back against Texas against all odds. Can't wait to watch all the drama between Nats/Cards and O's/Yanks unfold tonight!

Enron

Banned
Ah, nothing like the morning after a good clincher :). Proud of my Giants and to a lesser extent the A's for coming back against Texas against all odds. Can't wait to watch all the drama between Nats/Cards and O's/Yanks unfold tonight!

^ Giants fan since 2010

Hansel?

Neo Member
Being from Seattle, and also being a huge Cleveland & Baltimore fan, I feel like every five years or so is when I'm able to REALLY be excited for postseason MLB. So thanks to the O's for keeping this going and giving me something to look forward to tonight.

Also, go Nats.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Forget that. I want the Rocky IV ending, with the entirety of Yankee Stadium cheering for the O's as they drive in the go-ahead run late in the game.

Tobor

tickets are crazy right now

Yeah, I was thinking of going, but my buddy's all bailed out. Too expensive. Also, I wouldn't get home to Richmond until super late, and we're tailgating at UVA tomorrow.

We're going to watch the game on my brothers 70" instead.

McNei1y

Yeah, I was thinking of going, but my buddy's all bailed out. Too expensive. Also, I wouldn't get home to Richmond until super late, and we're tailgating at UVA tomorrow.

We're going to watch the game on my brothers 70" instead.

Oh man you're going to the Maryland - UVA game tomorrow? You get to watch my boy Stefon Diggs.

I'm waiting the nats tickets out for now. I think I'm going to go to the bullpen and pregame and decide if I want to buy an expensive ticket, a scalper ticket, or hopefully see if they have any standing room at the box office.

The gif of the Baltimore fan shaking in excitement over a one run lead in extra innings juxtaposed with the Yankee fan behind laughing and sipping wine is the best thing ever.

It is nuts to me that the Yankees used to have the biggest homefield advantage in probably all sports and they traded that away for more money. Players on visiting teams would get rattled by how loud and crazy the crowd was, and now it is so quiet there. I watch the games with surround sound on and it doesnt sound like the same fans at all as it used to.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe it could be like Rocky IV and the Yankees get killed by some strange team from the cold north in the beginning of the season.

The fans at yankee stadium all paid way to much to be bothered to cheer.

I went to the Ibanez game with my boy. Paid my tix as a bday gift. The first four innings were so damn quiet. My friend, who is a big time Yanks fan, said this was not a playoff crowd. Old Yankee Stadium so freakin loud n fans were into every pitch. Martins double in the third of fourth brought the fans out of their stupor.

Top Bottom