• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

JABEE

I know that feeling, Nats fans. The Phillies were bounced by the Cardinals last year in Game 5 at Citizen's Bank Park. Be thankful you're $20 Million 1st Baseman didn't rupture his achilles on the last pitch of the 9th.

Sanjuro

All of you need to look into your hearts and go with the team with the best logo.

fHeXo.gif

zulux21

We all know no one hates anyone in the Al Comedy Central except for the Indians.

a lot of people seem to hate the white sox.
only reason I hate the twins is because for the last 7 years or so before the twins changes stadiums the white sox just couldn't beat them. I disliked the indians in the 90s for the same reason, but they have been bad long enough now that I am back to being indifferent to the indians.

zulux21

I know that feeling, Nats fans. The Phillies were bounced by the Cardinals last year in Game 5 at Citizen's Bank Park. Be thankful you're $20 Million 1st Baseman didn't rupture his achilles on the last pitch of the 9th.

yeah i'm not a phillies fan but that was just horrible... you get kicked out of the playoffs and you watch one of your big players get hurt all in one go. That had to be super depressing.

snack

So ready for tomorrow

[/IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb941djkuH1qj07r9o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

OMG hahahaha!

They celebrating like they won da World Series!

a lot of people seem to hate the white sox.
only reason I hate the twins is because for the last 7 years or so before the twins changes stadiums the white sox just couldn't beat them. I disliked the indians in the 90s for the same reason, but they have been bad long enough now that I am back to being indifferent to the indians.

No one hates the White Sox, they just hate Hawk and AJ.

JABEE

I wish the Orioles made it to the ALCS. Every city that is in the LCS rounds has won a championship within the last 5 years. I guess the Tigers winning it all would be the most favorable outcome at this point.

zulux21

No one hates the White Sox, they just hate Hawk and AJ.

I can see how people could hate those two lol.
personally as a life long white sox fan I simultaneously look forward to and dread getting rid of Hawk. I am so used to his homerisms and really I miss them when listening to other teams because a lot of the other teams announcers just don't feel like they care if their team wins. I really have no issue with the home announcers rooting for the team, but hawk does take it way way to far. It is rather annoying when a call is blown or the white sox do something bad and he goes on and on for 2 plus innings about it.

As for AJ, I love having him on my team, but hands down if he was on any other team I would hate him so much. He is the type of player that will try what ever he can to get an edge that isn't strictly against the rules (aka I don't see him doing drugs or corking his bat but he will try to get calls he knows aren't real such as getting hit by a pitch or interfered with)

It will be interesting to see if AJ is even on the white sox next season... I just hope if he isn't the white sox trade for someone as Flowers is not the answer @_@

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wish the Orioles made it to the ALCS. Every city that is in the LCS rounds has won a championship within the last 5 years. I guess the Tigers winning it all would be the most favorable outcome at this point.

Tigers haven't won since 1984. They made it to the WS in 2006 but got smoked.

see5harp

So what I'm getting at here is winning the division series means popping champagne bottles and smoking cigars?

Winning the division is enough for a celebration in baseball. The a's did the same thing after they won on the last game of the season.

The Cardinals have invested in black magic and it has paid off time and again. (Reading through the reactions in this thread backwards was hilarious as a Cards fan.) Can't help it though, being a St. Louis native. I actually had turned the game off at 6-0.

Top Bottom