• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

zulux21

Just think about how amazing this would be if the roles were reversed. A's/O's and Reds/Nats.

FUCK I WOULD LOVE THAT

it would be a far far more interesting next round if that was the case and I would be happy with any of them winning it.

Instead I have to hope the tigers win it, wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a 2006 rematch of cards vs tigers and the tigers just hand the cards the series again by playing garbage baseball ><:

RBH

Aside from the fact I like the tigers in general, as a white sox fan it makes the most sense for me to want the tigers to win.

It wouldn't be a ton of money, but playing the WS champs 8-9 times at home would likely add an extra 50k tickets sold or so next season, which is at least more then they would get if any other team in the playoffs won it lol.

The fuck is this.

it would be a far far more interesting next round if that was the case and I would be happy with any of them winning it.

Instead I have to hope the tigers win it, wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a 2006 rematch of cards vs tigers and the tigers just hand the cards the series again by playing garbage baseball ><:

I will never forget how terrible they were once the WS started. Then again, we had professional belt thief Craig Monroe.

zulux21

The fuck is this.

that would be logic :p
facing the world series winners more times means more times for that situation to sell extra tickets. The white sox rarely sell out at home unless it's a big series, and facing the world series champs would move that series closer to being considered a big series thus would sell more tickets and give my team a little extra money.

Thus it's best for the white sox if the tigers win it all.

Askani

Man, still...I just...

1349905610013lrrgl.gif

That's all I have to say about that. I have to go do something else. I already can't take the insufferable Cards fans on my Facebook feed.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is that Verlander/Fielder Chevy commercial nationwide? I thought it was just regional and changed players depending on the market. If so, I'm sorry for you guys for having to endure that annoying ass commercial.

Yep, nationwide.

I thought it was funny that Prince was singing about hot dogs and apple pie....

you know, because he's fat. I'm silly, I know. :|

Rooting for the Tigers does have its perks, my boy Fielder and all. As long as Verlander continues to spit hot fire at the Yankees, I can see the LCS swinging Detroit's way.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This really is horrible. Cards get the benefit of one of the worst blown calls in postseason history. Yankees sub in a broken down old man and he becomes Reggie Jackson. Giants and Tigers need to come through.

rekameohs

Banned
This really is horrible. Cards get the benefit of one of the worst blown calls in postseason history. Yankees sub in a broken down old man and he becomes Reggie Jackson. Giants and Tigers need to come through.

What? What blown call was there? This was literally just America's Team™ collapsing

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah no...

Nats just pulled the greatest choke job in a single game in the history of baseball.

Top Bottom