• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Askani

This really is horrible. Cards get the benefit of one of the worst blown calls in postseason history. Yankees sub in a broken down old man and he becomes Reggie Jackson. Giants and Tigers need to come through.

To be fair...they were also the victims of one of the worst blown calls in post season history.

zulux21

I was talking about the "infield fly" in the Braves game. Cardinals had no business even being in this series, let alone winning it.

To be fair even if the infield fly thing had been called correctly the cards likely would have still won that. The braves weren't managing to do anything with runners in scoring position that day.

RBH

that would be logic :p
facing the world series winners more times means more times for that situation to sell extra tickets. The white sox rarely sell out at home unless it's a big series, and facing the world series champs would move that series closer to being considered a big series thus would sell more tickets and give my team a little extra money.

Thus it's best for the white sox if the tigers win it all.

Cheering for your divisional rival to win a title doesn't really seem that logical to me (and honestly, that "extra money" from a couple of regular season series' isn't going to mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things), but whatever makes you happy.

I doze off and it's 6-1. I wake up and it's 7-5. I catch up on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and the Nationals have lost. That's my consumption of this game.

I agree this could hang over Washington for years. And they won't even have a Bartman to scapegoat. I suppose they'll still have "the shutdown."

Or they could come back strong next year, who knows. Not every team can be the hapless Cubs.

Branduil

Wow turned the game off. WTF happened

ikl2A3VQsxF4i.gif

see5harp

Really anyone but the Yankees. I have no beef with the tigers but to have both the best hitter and pitcher is sorta ridiculous.

zulux21

Cheering for your divisional rival to win a title doesn't really seem that logical to me (and honestly, that "extra money" from a couple of regular season series' isn't going to mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things), but whatever makes you happy.

As I said I like the tigers anyways. I have nothing against them... only team I really have anything against at this time is the Twins in the AL central.

And the extra money indeed won't mean much, but every little bit helps as the white sox just don't have the money that a lot of other teams do at this point. I mean the white sox payroll this year was $ 97,669,500 less than half of what the yankees paid lol.

Plus it will be more fun beating up the world series champs 12-13 times next season instead of 4 or less if another team wins it :p

rekameohs

Banned
I would go with Tigers because Yankees are fucks, Cardinals are dicks, and Giants are shits. Tigers are slightly less detestable, though those Chevy ads are trying to change my damn mind.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This was really close to being the Giants. The Reds had 2 men on with 1 out in the 9th down 6-4.

Imagine if the NLCS was made up of 2 teams that both came back from 6-0 to win in the 9th.

As I said I like the tigers anyways. I have nothing against them... only team I really have anything against at this time is the Twins in the AL central.

And the extra money indeed won't mean much, but every little bit helps as the white sox just don't have the money that a lot of other teams do at this point. I mean the white sox payroll this year was $ 97,669,500 less than half of what the yankees paid lol.

Plus it will be more fun beating up the world series champs 12-13 times next season instead of 4 or less if another team wins it :p

We all know no one hates anyone in the Al Comedy Central except for the Indians.

Top Bottom