• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

If the Tigers and Cardinals face each other, there will be only 6 players remaining on both teams that played in the 2006 World Series.

STL:
-- Chris Carpenter
-- Yadier Molina
-- Adam Wainwright

DET:
-- Omar Infante
-- Ramon Santiago
-- Justin Verlander

Jim Leyland managed the Tigers in 2006.

Of course, Infante found his way back to the Tigers after being traded to the Cubs after the 2007 season. The Cubs immediately traded him to the Braves. The Braves traded him to the Marlins after 2010 in the Dan Uggla trade. Right before the deadline, the Marlins traded him back to the Tigers.

Also, if the Tigers win the World Series, Brandon Inge will get a ring because he opened the season on Detroit's 40-man roster before being released on April 26. He was also on the 2006 Tigers team.

These were the starting lineups for Game 1 of the 2006 World Series:

STL:
1. David Eckstein - SS
2. Chris Duncan - DH
3. Albert Pujols - 1B
4. Jim Edmonds - CF
5. Scott Rolen - 3B
6. Juan Encarnacion - RF
7. Ronnie Belliard - 2B
8. Yadier Molina - C
9. So Taguchi - LF
SP - Anthony Reyes

BENCH:
-- Aaron Miles
-- John Rodriguez
-- Scott Spiezio
-- Preston Wilson

DET:
1. Curtis Granderson - CF
2. Craig Monroe - LF
3. Placido Polanco - 2B
4. Magglio Ordonez - RF
5. Carlos Guillen - 1B
6. Ivan Rodriguez - C
7. Sean Casey - DH
8. Brandon Inge - 3B
9. Ramon Santiago - SS
SP - Justin Verlander

BENCH:
-- Alexis Gomez
-- Omar Infante
-- Neifi Perez
-- Marcus Thames

These were the pitchers used in the series:
STL:
-- Chris Carpenter
-- Randy Flores
-- Tyler Johnson
-- Josh Kinney
-- Braden Looper
-- Anthony Reyes
-- Jeff Suppan
-- Brad Thompson
-- Adam Wainwright
-- Jeff Weaver

DET:
-- Jeremy Bonderman
-- Jason Grilli
-- Todd Jones
-- Wil Ledezma
-- Zach Miner
-- Nate Robertson
-- Fernando Rodney
-- Kenny Rogers
-- Justin Verlander
-- Jamie Walker
-- Joel Zumaya

sangreal

I hope the Tigres win because fuck the NL and their owner deserves it

The MLB has to fix this joke of a playoff schedule next year though

Rooting for the tigers because I can't stand Cardinals and fuck the Giants ownership for what they are doing to my people. Also want Inge to get a ring for what he did for us. Love you brah.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
If the Tigers and Cardinals face each other, there will be only 6 players remaining on both teams that played in the 2006 World Series.

Jim Leyland managed the Tigers in 2006.

Of course, Infante found his way back to the Tigers after being traded to the Cubs after the 2007 season. The Cubs immediately traded him to the Braves. The Braves traded him to the Marlins after 2010 in the Dan Uggla trade. Right before the deadline, the Marlins traded him back to the Tigers.

Also, if the Tigers win the World Series, Brandon Inge will get a ring because he opened the season on Detroit's 40-man roster before being released on April 26. He was also on the 2006 Tigers team.

These were the starting lineups for Game 1 of the 2006 World Series:

These were the pitchers used in the series:

Oh the memories of 06, there are one or two other players also who were on the teams, just didn't play in the World Series, Skip Schumaker is one of them.

Beltran is starting; I hope he isn't rushing back - Carpenter has been fine filling in but we need both players healthy if we play in Detroit next week.

Zito vs bullpen game coming up!

Beltran is starting; I hope he isn't rushing back - Carpenter has been fine filling in but we need both players healthy if we play in Detroit next week.

Zito vs bullpen game coming up!

Everything I read said Beltran probably could have played Game 4 if the Cardinals were down. But with a 2-1 lead, they felt fine giving him another day.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
It's joe Buck, he is from St. Louis.

And he was a commentator for them and other St. Louis teams for a while, plus his father was the voice of the Cardinals for a very long time.

But we all know Joe is really rooting for more opportunities to plug sponsors.

Top Bottom