• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Coins

Banned
PujolswatchinTV101712.jpg

Lol.

see5harp

When Lance Lynn is striking out 4 consecutive, you know your bats are impotent. Sorta shocked that the Cards couldn't get anything out of that last inning.

JABEE

RallyZito? Hahaha

I don't understand how Cardinals fans could hate Pujols, a person who won the Cards two World Series. Did they see him last postseason?

bozeman

RallyZito? Hahaha

I don't understand how Cardinals fans could hate Pujols, a person who won the Cards two World Series. Did they see him last postseason?

I don't hate him. It's just funny considering where expectations were at the beginning of the season and then what the Angels did at the trade deadline. He'll go into the Hall of Fame as a Cardinal and I'm sure he'll have some postseason success for the Angels in due time.

DiscoJer

RallyZito? Hahaha

I think talking slightly more money from another team has something to do with it. Look at Cleveland and LeBron James, same thing.

And other than one really big game, he wasn't much of a factor last post season.

Anyway, as a I figured, Zito has them baffled. Soft tossing lefties are their weakness.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
What a dumb fucking play. Goddamn. Just get the easy out at first and pitch yourself out of the jam. Don't do these stupid theatrics.

JABEE

I think talking slightly more money from another team has something to do with it. Look at Cleveland and LeBron James, same thing.

And other than one really big game, he wasn't much of a factor last post season

Anyway, as a I figured, Zito has them baffled. Soft tossing lefties are their weakness.

I remember Pujols playing really well for the Cards last postseason. Freese and Pujols were the two main contributors. Pujols had crucial doubles in the Game 4 of the NLDS.

Flo_Evans

RallyZito? Hahaha

He was a non-factor last year. The way I see it the team gave him 2 World Series rings and he sold out. He kept talking about "family" and bullshit then went to the highest bidder.

Flo_Evans

8.5 WAR in 2006
5.0 WAR in 2011

Yep. Total non-factor.

IDK wtf those numbers are supposed to mean, but he clearly was not as good in 2011 as he was before. His best years are behind him, he could of stayed with a team that supported him, or take a paycheck and sit on his ass this post season.

He is an amazing ball player no doubt, but to say he "won" us the WS last year is pure bullshit and insulting to the rest of the team that worked their ass off through his injuries and cold spells.

Top Bottom