• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Not sarcastic. Didn't call them the San Fran Gods from 1997-2009. No World Series. I started calling them the San Fran Gods because of the pitching and Posey in 2010, they win World Series.

Stopped calling them the San Fran Gods in 2011 because I expected usual Post-Championship slump.

Started calling them the San Fran Gods late 2012 when they were doing much better once their best offensive player got busted and they began destroying the NL West. 2012 World Series.

San Fran Gods is legit.

So I watch the highlights of the first game( Thats all I will be watching) but Panda man went crazy.

But seeing the Giants winning all these game reminds me of the pattern of whats going on in pro sports....Miami being down 3-2 during the 2nd round to come back and then end up winning the title...Football Giants having to win remaining games just to get in and then dominating in the playoffs. And now this... Guile comebacks are fa real...lol

= bad news for Detroit :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not sarcastic. Didn't call them the San Fran Gods from 1997-2009. No World Series. I started calling them the San Fran Gods because of the pitching and Posey in 2010, they win World Series.

Stopped calling them the San Fran Gods in 2011 because I expected usual Post-Championship slump.

Started calling them the San Fran Gods late 2012 when they were doing much better once their best offensive player got busted and they began destroying the NL West. 2012 World Series.

San Fran Gods is legit.

Stop making the Cardinals fans look good.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
dbl.gif

derpthrow.gif

zitohit.gif

It is even more amazing you think anyone here finds any enjoyment in your posts.

Where did I say I was trying to entertain anyone but myself?

What are you like at games when people are actually standing up and screaming and being obnoxious? I can't imagine the wild parties you have during sports games.

I still find it amazing that people take sports so seriously. It's a game dude, calm down.

Guy comes into sports thread.

Is amazed people in said thread take sports seriously.

The fuck.

There's a huge difference between taking sports seriously and taking them so seriously that you can't have fun and getting angry everytime someone else gets excited for a team that isn't your's and is trying to have fun with their team's success.

It's sad seeing so many people get angry over a guy clearly just trying to have fun and meaning no offense over it.

Sustainable! (for 3 more games I hope)

At least the play by Posey wasn't total luck. It's been really fun watching the Giants defense. Blanco with the 2 catches today. IMO the biggest play of the Cardinals series was Brandon Crawford's leaping catch. The Cardinals would have taken the lead there (their announcer even called it a base hit off the bat) and then could have used their bullpen differently after that.

It's all a joke people.

Yeah, I know. It's still annoying. I wouldn't want to watch a game next to someone blasting a vuvuzela either. And I definitely wouldn't want to talk about a game afterwards with someone still blasting a vuvuzela.

Carlbeego

It's all in fun for me lol.

I think that's the same for most here. Sports is all about shit talking for the most part.

At least to me it is.

RBH

As the San Francisco Giants play in the World Series for the second time in three years, their owners continue to object to the Oakland Athletics' plan to move to San Jose. Commissioner Bud Selig is in town, so he will face the question of why he has not approved or rejected the A's plan in the 43 months since he took the matter under advisement.

In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Selig discussed a variety of issues, from instant replay and the new playoff format to off-field matters involving the Dodgers and Angels. We got quite a few emails and tweets asking what Selig had said about the battle for San Jose.

"It’s a very complicated situation," Selig said. "While everyone knows I take my time, it has stood me in good stead on a myriad of other issues. This is a very complicated issue. ...

"Of course I would like to move faster. But I’m not going to move until I’m really satisfied on all issues and both clubs are satisfied on all issues."

That is never going to happen. The Giants will not be satisfied if the A's are permitted to move. The A's will not be satisfied if they are denied permission.

Amid indications Selig might consider a compromise ruling by the end of the year, he clarified that "satisfied on all issues" does not mean satisfaction with a ruling.

"It means that we can tell the clubs what we have done and why we have done it and answered all their questions -- that there isn’t any issue that we did not attack that they know," Selig said. "They continue in both cases to raise a lot more issues. Do I think we have made great progress? Yes, I do."

The A's say a move to San Jose would help their business -- and, by extension, the business of Major League Baseball -- without irreparably damaging the Giants.

The Giants say that many of their ticket holders and sponsors are based in San Jose, and that their territorial rights to San Jose should be upheld. If the A's had to pay for the rights, the Giants say, the amount could be so high as to risk destabilizing both franchises.

Amid all the noncommittal generalities, three specific questions for Selig:

Q: There are reports that you are canvassing clubs to see how they might vote on the issue, in advance of next month's owners meetings. Are you indeed canvassing clubs?

A: No. I don’t have anything to canvass.

Q: Do you believe a new ballpark in Oakland is feasible?

A: I don’t know. That is one of the things we are checking.

Q: Can you promise A's fans that you will settle this dispute by the first of the year?

A: I’m not going to set a time.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...etics-giants-san-jose-20121024,0,675764.story

turnbuckle

Had more depressing things going on tonight, so I'm sorta numb to that awful performance. Hope the garbage time safely set aside any further consideration of pitching valverde.

IMO the biggest play of the Cardinals series was Brandon Crawford's leaping catch. The Cardinals would have taken the lead there (their announcer even called it a base hit off the bat) and then could have used their bullpen differently after that.
Biggest play of Game 7 maybe. The turning point of the series was that awful error by Lance Lynn and Pete Kozma in Game 5.

that is just the tigers everyday defense.
When they aren't playing scrub teams that strike out a lot, you mean.

see5harp

Which is saying something, since in game 2 Bumgarner and Fister will get the balls.

Well that's sorta obvious for someone with a dirty mind. I really was thinking that maybe The Giants did make some deal with the devil and I realized that our leadoff man had a crazy devil name. Then I realized that he first name was like the complete opposite. The most fucked up part is I then went and watched a you tube clip where Angel Pagan and Barry Zito had testimonials about accepting Jesus. Something fucked up is going on with The Giants right now.

Also this gif is new to me but it is hilarious.

zito88mphjctgamer.gif

hemtae

His name is Hunter Pence.

To be honest, I don't want to look too deeply into those pre-game "rituals" he does.

And yeah, Barry Zito fastballs will never not be funny, even (especially) when they work.

How dare you. Hunter Pence is a good ole Texas boy.

Biggest play of Game 7 maybe. The turning point of the series was that awful error by Lance Lynn and Pete Kozma in Game 5.

That Lance Lynn error... I heard it on the radio while at the last 10 minutes of an hour long drive, going to a place where I wouldn't be able to watch or listen to the game very easily if at all, and I just knew that something terrible would come from that. He had plenty of time to make a legit throw but no, he had to launch a wild pitch over there/Kozma didn't move his ass fast enough.

San Fran Gods is legit.

Aaaaaaaand it's dead.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
When they aren't playing scrub teams that strike out a lot, you mean.
I saw on the Tweeters yesterday that the Giants put the ball in play more than any other team in the NL. The Twins & Indians put the ball in play more than anyone in the AL, lost a combined 190 games, and went a combined .500 against the Tigers. Make them try to catch the ball. That's definitely their weakness.

Probably gonna miss the first three innings tonight since I'm gonna to the theater to see Halloween

Hoping it will still be scoreless by the time the movie is done

Work has been unbearable today. I swear 30 people have stopped by my office to yell "PANDAAAAA!!!!" at me. Only two of them have ever talked baseball to me before that.

Go Detroit.

turnbuckle

Was getting my haircut today and the stylist or whatever the fuck you want to call her was telling me in the last million presidential elections, whenever an American league team won the Republican won the presidency; National league, the Democrat.

So...go Giants? Tigers will get em next year.

Fenix

Was getting my haircut today and the stylist or whatever the fuck you want to call her was telling me in the last million presidential elections, whenever an American league team won the Republican won the presidency; National league, the Democrat.

So...go Giants? Tigers will get em next year.
Only the last 3 work:

08 - Obama/Phillies
04 - Bush/Red Sox
00 - Bush/Yankees
96 - Clinton/Yankees

And it completely falls apart after that.

turnbuckle

Only the last 3 work:

08 - Obama/Phillies
04 - Bush/Red Sox
00 - Bush/Yankees
96 - Clinton/Yankees

And it completely falls apart after that.

Well, she was a Republican. It got awkward for a minute when she said "I think we should give the businessman a chance, because Obama sure hasn't done anything right".

After she said that I said "...umm...so...about the world series? Please don't shave a Romney R in my head....................."

Top Bottom