• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

numbers will be adjusted though. not final numbers.
zap2it.com said:
ast National ratings for Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012
The World Series Game 1 was down just over a million viewers over 2011 for FOX, but the Tigers-Giants match-up still earned a win for the network with an average of 11.8 million viewers. However, the overall program of the night was "Modern Family" with 12.5 million viewers.

"Nashville" fell slightly again and so did "Suburgatory" , while "Arrow," put another strong week for the CW. "SUpernatural" was not as lucky, losing 300,000 viewers from last week.

FOX led the night with 11.8 million viewers and a 7.3 rating/11 share in households, followed closely by CBS with 10.5 million and a 6.6/10. ABC's Halloween comedy block was steady at 8.1 million, 5.2/8. NBC was fourth with 5.6 million and a 3.8/6 and the CW was last with 2.7 million and a 1.8/3.

In the adults 18-49 demo, FOX also led with a 3.3, while CBS and ABC tied for second with 2.7. NBC trailed with a 1.6 and the CW was last with a 0.9.

Wednesday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

CBS: "Survivor: Philippines" (10.1 million viewers, 6.3/10 households)
ABC: "The Middle" (8.6 million, 5.4/9)/"The Neighbors" (6.9 million, 4.4/7)
FOX: World Series Game 1 - Tigers at Giants (12.4 million, 7.6/12)
NBC: "Animal Practice" (3.8 million, 2.6/4)/"Guys With Kids" (3.8 million, 2.6/4)
The CW: "Arrow" (3.5 million, 2.2/4)

18-49 leader: World Series (3.4)

9 p.m.

CBS: "Criminal Minds" (11.5 million, 7.2/11)
ABC: "Modern Family" (12.5 million, 7.6/11)/"Suburgatory" (7.4 million, 4.7/7)
FOX: World Series Game 1 (11.2 million, 7.1/11)
NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" (6.7 million, 4.6/7)
The CW: "Supernatural" (1.9 million, 1.3/2)

18-49 leader: "Modern Family" (4.9)

10 p.m.

CBS: "CSI" (9.8 million, 6.4/10)
ABC: "Nashville" (6.6 million, 4.5/7)
NBC: "Chicago Fire" (6.3 million, 4.2/7)

18-49 leader: "CSI" (2.4)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ZzkmA.gif

see5harp

Theres no way the Giants beat Verlander has now changed to theres no way the Giants can win in Detroit! Never change media.

It doesn't matter to me that few picked the giants to win. It doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly root for a different team. This is baseball not professional wrestling.

see5harp

I know. The media just tickles my funny bone.

On paper many picked The Tigers for the world series at the START of the season and when they finally got hot at the end to get in, I can see why they are favorites. It's not just Verlander pitching well, the entire starting pitching has been great. We all know that it doesn't mean much in baseball to be a favorite though. The 2010 Giants and 2011 Cardinals were not favored either. Even if I expected for Scutaro and Panda to have great games I can't say I expected Panda to hit 3. Hell, even Zito has been lights out. Even during the crazy stretch of Zito starts dating back to the season, his ERA was still approaching or over 4 and may have even been higher than Bumgarner's who was "struggling." It's unexplainable most of the time, I'm just trying to go along for the ride.

Malo

Banned
Yeah, I have a hard time believing Mo is going to retire after the acl injury. He'll be back.

Please don't retire

Doug Fister

Ni3qj.jpg

NhFu6.jpg

ZbvyS.jpg

Here's how this is gonna go: Doug Fister is going to give up one or two, maybe three runs. Tigers will lose. That's the Doug Fister way.

We miss you, Doug.

If you love something, set it free
If it returns then it was meant to be

Jswanko

FOX trotting this guy out again? Guess there aren't a lot of FOX shows with people who can sing. Saturday night: Zooey Deschanel

Before first pitch, final ratings are in

The Giants' 8-3 win over the Tigers set a record low television rating for a World Series opener, according to an ESPN.com report.

Fox said Wednesday night's game received a 7.6 rating and 12 share, and that it was seen by 12.2M viewers, according to national ratings by Nielsen Media Research.

MechaX

Hm... on one hand, I would love the Tigers to just go beast mode on the Giants for what they did to the Cards (or rather... further facilitating what the Cards ended up doing to themselves).

On the other hand, seeing the Giants channel the Juggernaut is entertaining in its own right despite what they did to my team.

I'm conflicted.

Holy shit, I didn't notice this last night, but the Tigers really seem to have a weight problem. Most runners would have been safe with that.

Really bad call by the third base coach.

Top Bottom