• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

broom.gif

QUOTED FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING TRUTH.

Vire

How accommodating of baseball to step aside just in time for Tuesday's start of the NBA season. Series won't go past Monday.

Akkad

Banned
Tigers are averaging 1 run a game, lol what a joke. I guess the fattie from Milwaukee and the DUI machine have already given up.

Afrikan

But the tigers have 2 checkmarks on their starting pitching!

haha, I was at a birthday party while we were still trying to watch the game... they had to turn down the volume on the TV for a bit....but Fox brought up that checklist comparison thing again....I wish I could've heard what they were saying..... were they just eating crow, or did they make excuses?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
haha, I was at a birthday party while we were still trying to watch the game... they had to turn down the volume on the TV for a bit....but Fox brought up that checklist comparison thing again....I wish I could've heard what they were saying..... were they just eating crow, or did they make excuses?

They said that the Giants should have the 2 checkmarks o their side now.
Should have power as well!

They were eating crow brah. Mccarver now admits when he calls sliders fastballs.

So I'm finally home from the game....let's just get the series over and done with

Camera battery needs recharging so I'll let it recharge for a while before uploading the pics

I was bored and the Taco Bell Promotion had me curious...

How many World Series have produced zero stolen bases?

Did some half-assed googling, then started going year by year on baseball-reference til I got to 1944. No steals that Series.

Used that info to find this article from '08 saying '44 was the only no-SB Series: http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/why-free-tacos-are-a-good-bet-435/

And then checked 08-11 on baseball-ref and there ya have it. 1944 the only World Series without a stolen base.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, went to a Halloween party and only got to see the first 3 innings of the game, guess there wasn't much after it. I wish Oakland or Baltimore would have been in for the AL instead of Detroit, at least it would have spurred some sort of silver lining.

Took over 100 photos at the game today. Here's the entire set

Pregame Part I
Pregame Part II
Pregame Part III
Pregame Part IV
Pregame Part V
Pregame Part VI
Pregame Part VII

The Game Part I
The Game Part II
The Game Part III
The Game Part IV
The Game Part V
The Game Part VI

That's all I could get before running out of battery life. I'll have more Sunday night and hopefully have enough battery life to take postgame pics.

As for the game itself, the only thing exciting thing was the dude sitting next to me. He was awesome/hilarious. He tried his damnedest to get people to stand up and cheer for the team in the later innings (decided to join him as well). Oh well...

Giants better finish the Tigers off Sunday night or Monday night. I paid damn good money to see a team win the World Series at Comerica (not the team I was hoping, but what can you do). I expect results, Giants.

neoemonk

As a Tigers fan I'm obviously disappointed with the way the World Series has played out, but I'm still happy to see them make it where they did.

The hard part now is pretty much only having the Lions to watch with the NHL not playing.

These playoffs turned shittacular after the amazing first round. The Giants NLCS comeback was crazy, but none of those three final games felt competitive at all.

Top Bottom