• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

HeySeuss

Shut the fuck up about Melky jesus christ. We played better without him.

Good job Reds and congrats Reds-age. You guys deserve it you played well. Theres a pathetically small chance of us actually winning all three at GAB, but we never showed up.

Yeah it's not over yet. I was hoping for a split as the best case scenario.

93a0d962.gif

Ya I'm mad. Lol get over yourself dude we didn't show up and I acknowledge that and am not even mad. I'm annoyed at you posting that every time you show up in the thread. But whatever get into yourself more and call it salt. I'm just calling you out on your bullshit posting.

Ya I'm mad. Lol get over yourself dude we didn't show up and I acknowledge that and am not even mad. I'm annoyed at you posting that every time you show up in the thread. But whatever get into yourself more and call it salt. I'm just calling you out on your bullshit posting.

Frankman has trained you well.. You can't be that mad, niners kicked ass..Kinda helped me out on a bet

Football is for morons. The Niners win does nothing for me.

Seriously, Trying to rely on pitchers like Zito and Mota in the pen is suicide...Just making the playoffs should of been an accomplishment. Especially the way Timmy pitched this year and the loss of Beardman....

Jose Mijares has an ERA of INFINITY after giving up 2 runs in 0.0 innings pitched. I love that shit. He pitched so poorly, here is not a number to describe it.

Is there any other sport with a statistic that can be filled by a number that doesn't even exist?

I was fine until their bush league "Infield fly" chant during their celebration. They can fuck off and I hope the Nats destroy them.

Ok, can we put this rumor to rest now? By every account except for that one Braves pitcher, the Cardinals were chanting "HAPPY FLIGHT" not "INFIELD FLY". It's a thing they've had going since at least last season, where every time they had to fly to another city for 17 flights straight, they won the game before, so they were "happy" on each flight.

I cannot find anyone that corroborates the "infield fly" chant rumor besides the single Tweet from that Braves pitcher, who even when he Tweeted it phrased it as a question because he apparently wasn't sure that's what he was hearing.

YES THIS IS SERIOUS BIDNESS.

Also, grats Nat's fans. I think it was kind of a shitty played games by both teams from time-to-time, but damn, some awesome plays scattered throughout including an amazing outfield catch by the Nats certainly made it interesting.

Ok, can we put this rumor to rest now? By every account except for that one Braves pitcher, the Cardinals were chanting "HAPPY FLIGHT" not "INFIELD FLY". It's a thing they've had going since at least last season, where every time they had to fly to another city for 17 flights straight, they won the game before, so they were "happy" on each flight.

I cannot find anyone that corroborates the "infield fly" chant rumor besides the single Tweet from that Braves pitcher, who even when he Tweeted it phrased it as a question because he apparently wasn't sure that's what he was hearing.

YES THIS IS SERIOUS BIDNESS.

Also, grats Nat's fans. I think it was kind of a shitty played games by both teams from time-to-time, but damn, some awesome plays scattered throughout including an amazing outfield catch by the Nats certainly made it interesting.

Cardinals MLB.Com beat reporter said she heard them chanting it. She posted it on Twitter and that's where it started.

Sorry, then I missed that. Do you have the link handy?

https://twitter.com/LangoschMLB/status/254689648524267520

@PaulQuiz @MatthewHLeach I stand by report and had several players confirm today that "Infield Fly" was chanted. I do not report falsehoods.

Jason Motte said they didn't chant that, but she said several other players confirmed they chanted it.

EDIT: Couldn't find the original tweet. Looks like she deleted it because of the shitstorm it caused, but had to speak about it because of how much she was getting harassed by Braves fans on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LangoschMLB/status/254689648524267520

Jason Motte said they didn't chant that, but she said several other players confirmed they chanted it.

EDIT: Couldn't find the original tweet. Looks like she deleted it because of the shitstorm it caused, but had to speak about it because of how much she was getting harassed by Braves fans on Twitter.

Thanks, looked through her tweets. Looks like she deleted the original tweet, but states that it was "confirmed by multiple players" that it did happen, but apparently only some players did so and it was "in jest."

I'll leave my previous post as-is for mocking anyway. Clarification appreciated.

jman2050

That was almost a frustrating game. Fortunately CC kicks ass and the Yankees finally decided to score again at the last possible moment.

Also, A's I am disappoint.

Top Bottom