• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

newjeruse

Hard to hate a team more than I hate the Cardinals. And I like their individual players, which is really weird. I just hate the idea of them.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Seems like the more technology we get, the more of a clusterfuck these leagues make watching their product. Makes no sense.
yep. Tradional tv is not going to go down easily. It's all up to advertisers i guess and where they put their money. And i guess i could find a proxy and use mlb.tv. But im too lazy to do that right now.

I can't wait to hear the same old "Strasburg shutdown" crap...

With the way our pitching has been I don't think there's any argument left: It was a mistake. Having the security blanket of having Gio and Stras go 1, 2 would have been huge.

And even in regards to securing future good play from Stras...look at Zimm...he sucked when it mattered on Sunday.

And what's worse, Stras missed out on a year where he could have gotten post season experience.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shutting down Strasburg will end up going down as one of the worst decisions in the history of baseball. It really is that simple.

You can never bank on making the playoffs again. The Nationals dropped the ball by not managing his innings in a way that would let him be available for the postseason.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
reds announced its Leake tonight and they have removed Cueto from the roster. Means no Cueto for NLCS.....we're doomed.

WTF is Dusty baker thinking. I don't get it we've barely used our stellar bullpen in the last 3 days. He could have easily put Latos out there for a few innings and leaned on the bullpen.

Perhaps Cueto injury is worse than reported? Either way your right we are doomed. At least we got to remember what it feels like to win a playoff game or two. Been a while.

Shutting down Strasburg will end up going down as one of the worst decisions in the history of baseball. It really is that simple.

You can never bank on making the playoffs again. The Nationals dropped the ball by not managing his innings in a way that would let him be available for the postseason.

he was out of gas. you could tell by watching his last 3 games. He was getting hammered bad.

Of all years for this to happen, 2012 is the worst year for such a decision. 2-3 LDS means one fewer off day so you have to use your #4 guy in the first round unless you send a guy out on short rest. Gio/Zimmerman/EJax/Detweiler/Gio is a noticeable downgrade from Gio/Zimmerman/EJax/Gio/Zimmerman.

We're blessed with enough SP depth to be able to plug guys in despite the injuries to Garcia and Westbrook. Carp's return has been huge.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
he was out of gas. you could tell by watching his last 3 games. He was getting hammered bad.

I watched his last start. It honestly looked like he was upset and didn't care about his start nor agreed with the decision to shut it down. I remember he was pegged for one more start to end the season but the Nats just decided to skip it altogether - the body language was way more telling than the stuff. As awful as it is a pure baseball decision to shut him down, it's even worse if he didn't actually agree with it.

I just think that he logic that its okay to shut him down now because you'll be back in this spot again is really short sighted. You simply cannot predict the future, you may very well not be back in this spot again in the next 3 years. And just tanking it for one season while you're in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history is pretty damn crazy.

All they had to do was spread his innings out over the course of a season essentially using him like any other team uses their number 5 starter. I have no idea why they chose to back themselves into that corner by not doing that.

Top Bottom