• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Jesus fucking christ, really? God fucking damnnit.

No, I think the Rangers really are fucking done. Too many injuries to the starting rotation and there's no one to pick up the staff when Darvish struggles. Harrison can't do it all by himself. Texas will still get a wildcard at least, though. They'll just suck ass in the playoffs and then the REAL pain starts next year. The starting rotation even for 2013 is going to be a bloodbath with no colby and no feliz all season long. The Rangers window HAS officially closed.

Derek Holland is officially a bust.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

No, I think the Rangers really are fucking done. Too many injuries to the starting rotation and there's no one to pick up the staff when Darvish struggles. Harrison can't do it all by himself.

Wow dude really? No need to panic.

9-14 in the last month and three pitchers down that aren't coming back, and an offense that hasn't really hit in two months. So yes really.

They should have traded more prospects for guys that could help this year. I think you are right about their window closing after this season.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

No, I think the Rangers really are fucking done. Too many injuries to the starting rotation and there's no one to pick up the staff when Darvish struggles. Harrison can't do it all by himself. Texas will still get a wildcard at least, though. They'll just suck ass in the playoffs and then the REAL pain starts next year. The starting rotation even for 2013 is going to be a bloodbath with no colby and no feliz all season long. The Rangers window HAS officially closed.

don't worry now you can put all of your effort into rooting for the superior team, the braves. Enough with this Rangers nonsense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The window is not closing after this season. Good god. They have plenty of young talent and a lot more in the minors and they have shitloads of money to spend.

jman2050

They should have traded more prospects for guys that could help this year. I think you are right about their window closing after this season.

Wait, you think the Rangers window is closing after this season while the Phillies are going to be a-okay in 2013 and beyond? Really?

Enron

Banned
The window is not closing after this season. Good god. They have plenty of young talent and a lot more in the minors and they have shitloads of money to spend.

Neftali Feliz - out for 2013

Colby Lewis - out for 2013

Ryan Dempster - Free Agent

Martin Perez - ready, but rookie SP can't be counted on to produce

Derek Holland - been in the majors for 4 seasons now, is a total bust

That leaves Yu and Matt Harrison as the only two pitchers of note for the Rangers going into 2013. If they don't land 2 good/decent SPs in the offseason, they are toast. Injuries really did them in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Neftali Feliz - out for 2013

Colby Lewis - out for 2013

Ryan Dempster - Free Agent

Martin Perez - ready, but rookie SP can't be counted on to produce

Derek Holland - been in the majors for 4 seasons now, is a total bust

That leaves Yu and Matt Harrison as the only two pitchers of note for the Rangers going into 2013. If they don't land 2 good/decent SPs in the offseason, they are toast. Injuries really did them in.

They have the money and the prospects to make it happen. If things don't pan out this year you really don't expect them to make wholesale changes? I really don't understand how a Rangers fan could be down about the future of the team.

Enron

Banned
They have the money and the prospects to make it happen. If things don't pan out this year you really don't expect them to make wholesale changes? I really don't understand how a Rangers fan could be down about the future of the team.

Well, this is kind of what happens if you dont have any starting pitching. ITS ALL INJURED or a couple years away from contributing.

jman2050

At worst this stretch brings back the reality that Texas isn't some unbeatable juggernaut, which I think anyone who was even vaguely paying attention realizes already.

Wait, you think the Rangers window is closing after this season while the Phillies are going to be a-okay in 2013 and beyond? Really?

Enron just explained some of the problems they will have next year, plus people say the Rangers will spend big money but so far they have lost pitchers to FA and failed to resign Hamilton all without bringing in any big players. I really dont understand why you have such a hard time getting that the Phillies are going to retool this offseason. Amaro said today that they will be major players in FA. I have no doubt that they will go out and sign guys to make the team better.

rekameohs

Banned
Rangers have a fantastic farm system and a big payroll without long/bloated contracts, so they'll be very good for a long time. As mentioned though, they just likely won't be the AL dynasty like many predicted. Phillies are the definition of bloated contracts, and their future is probably going to be a painful one. Just ask the 2005-2007 Giants and their standings with the Bonds contract.

Malo

Banned
Rangers have a more than competent front office, a good farm system, and money. They'll be fine. No need to panic.

Enron

Banned
I don't think you all understand the concept of NO PITCHING FOR 2013. Because they have none. Even with the fantastic farm system and front office.

feels bad man

Malo

Banned
I don't think you all understand the concept of NO PITCHING FOR 2013. Because they have none. Even with the fantastic farm system and front office.

feels bad man
We had no pitching at the end of last season. I'm sure Daniels will acquire a quality starter or two.

Goddamn it. 5 feet either way and Freeman's got a bases-clearing double. Meanwhile the Marlins got all that bullshit in the first inning with bloops.

Baseball is not fair.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

feels bad man

You already giving up on Yu?

Then why didn't you trade him to me in our fantasy league last week?!?!

I don't want him now, lol he sucks

jman2050

Enron just explained some of the problems they will have next year, plus people say the Rangers will spend big money but so far they have lost pitchers to FA and failed to resign Hamilton all without bringing in any big players. I really dont understand why you have such a hard time getting that the Phillies are going to retool this offseason. Amaro said today that they will be major players in FA. I have no doubt that they will go out and sign guys to make the team better.

You are missing the fact that A) The Phillies have to drastically improve their team over what they have to be competitive this year, B) they don't really have a ton of money to work with to that end, especially after this Hamels extension, C) their farm is mediocre-to-okay, which will make trading for players to improve the team difficult, and D) Ruben Amaro is a complete idiot.

You guys think MLB umpires suck?

From tonights game involving the Daytona Cubs:

We've just entered the twilight zone at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Our music man, Derek Dye, has been EJECTED from tonight's game. The umpire, Mario Seneca, was apparently not happy when Derek played "Three Blind Mice" after a questionable call. With no music system, a fan has stepped up to call out player introductions from the stands.

new fan experience? MLB teams should try this out!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You guys think MLB umpires suck?

From tonights game involving the Daytona Cubs:

We've just entered the twilight zone at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Our music man, Derek Dye, has been EJECTED from tonight's game. The umpire, Mario Seneca, was apparently not happy when Derek played "Three Blind Mice" after a questionable call. With no music system, a fan has stepped up to call out player introductions from the stands.
5INsy.png

Replacing Paul Janish, a guy with 2 hits and hit a line drive out, with Tyler Pastornicky in 2-run game in the 8th.

Wat.

EDIT: And promptly GIDPs. And now the Braves have a defensive liability at SS. Great move.

Code:
[U]Batting Order	[B]New York Mets[/B]	       [B]San Francisco Giants[/B][/U]
       1	Ruben Tejada SS	        Gregor Blanco CF
       2	Jordany Valdespin CF	Ryan Theriot 2B
       3	David Wright 3B	        Melky Cabrera LF
       4	Ike Davis 1B	        Buster Posey C
       5	Daniel Murphy 2B	Hunter Pence RF
       6	Jason Bay LF	        Marco Scutaro 3B
       7	Mike Baxter RF	        Brett Pill 1B
       8	Josh Thole C	        Joaquin Arias SS
       9	Jon Niese LHP	        Matt Cain RHP
see ya guys in the 5th-6th inning.
Ive only got 2. I'm not Darkside, lol.
You're right.

Darkside never quit on any of his teams. Even with the Magic going through Hell with The Dwightmare and his favorite player gone, he's still a fan of the team. If that's not true fandom I don't know what is.

jman2050

Darkside never quit on any of his teams. Even with the Magic going through Hell with The Dwightmare and his favorite player gone, he's still a fan of the team. If that's not true fandom I don't know what is.

That's cause Magic fans own. Much better than those dang Knickerbocker fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom