• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another funny stat is that the Padres have the best record in the NL West if you start at June 2. If they got some offense and moved those goddamn fences in next year, they could be a really good team.

And that's without all the help they have on the farm. They should be an interesting team for a while.

cashman

Banned
Fun Fact:

In seven games against the Rangers this season, Baltimore has been outscored 24-56 which gives them a -32 differential. Over nine games against the Angels, the Orioles have been outscored 23-54 (-31 RD). Combined, the Birds are 4-12 against Texas and LA with a -63 run differential in those games.

Against their other 16 opponents, the Orioles actually have a positive run differential (+9) outscoring them 471-462. Baltimore only has a negative run differential against two teams that they have a winning record against this season, Toronto (5-4, -5 RD) and Minnesota (5-2, -2 RD).

ESPN picks up Nats vs. Braves on September 16

ESPN has announced that they have picked up the Nationals vs. Braves game on Sunday, September 16 from Turner Field for national broadcasting. Please update your schedules accordingly. This is no longer a 1:35 PM start. New start time is 8:05 PM.

Nationals relief pitcher Henry Rodriguez is out for the season after elbow surgery.

Davey Johnson said that they found more damage than expected. Rodriguez will be restricted from baseball activities for three months after bone spurs and a "sizeable bone chip" were removed from Rodriguez's elbow.

McNei1y

Nationals relief pitcher Henry Rodriguez is out for the season after elbow surgery.

Davey Johnson said that they found more damage than expected. Rodriguez will be restricted from baseball activities for three months after bone spurs and a "sizeable bone chip" were removed from Rodriguez's elbow.

super duper!

hope it all goes well though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Gotta say what the Astros are doing is completely fascinating - now they hired BP writer Kevin Goldstein as their pro scouting coordinator.

Also means the death of the best baseball podcast around. Total bummer.

Hell yes, Nationals. The studs are falling in line.

99Dyz.gif

ZeroRay

The Marlins Facebook page called the Mets the "hated rival".

Honestly, it feels like the entire division kinda hates each other equally. (rightfully, of course)

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
The Marlins Facebook page called the Mets the "hated rival".

Honestly, it feels like the entire division kinda hates each other equally. (rightfully, of course)

Hmm.. I don't hate any teams, just douchey players like Hanley and Phillips.

Though I imagine I'd feel differently if I rooted for a team that can't get out of second place.

zulux21

haha hit a batter with bases loaded to tie the game... so glad I am rooting for the white sox and not the tigers right now as nothing gets me worked up more than giving up the tying run via walk/bp

edit: darn youk hit it hard unfortunately right at a guy. oh well still bases loaded 1 out, need to score again @_@
edit 2: damn it dunn couldn't you at least hit a deep fly instead of striking out... come on konerko @_@

zulux21

damn it... bases loaded no one out and couldn't get another run... oh well it's tied at 3 at least... just gotta stop them and come back and score some runs. a first game win would be great.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves have acquired infielder Jeff Baker from the Tigers in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
he can play all over the field, not very well though. and can't hit for shit. meh. I don't know why he is needed.

edit: well ok it looks like he has decent splits vs. LHP.
fuck you eznark, fuck you brewers, fuck you pirates. im out to watch college football
Diehard fan right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom