• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell Cy? (not based on wins of course but just saying....)
Well there are 5 guys competing

Johnny Cueto
R.A. Dickey
Gio Gonzalez
A.J. Burnett
Stephen Strasburg

Strasburg will be shut down in 3 starts and will and steal votes from Gonzalez, taking him out of the running. I think Dickey's only competition is Johnny Cueto.

Dickey will have 6-7 more starts left, if he goes 4-2 w/ a ND and keeps the ERA around the same I think he gets it.

EDIT: Dickey just said his knuckler felt "crummy" early on, yet he only threw 4-5 fastballs tonight. How is that possible?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Johnny Cueto
R.A. Dickey
Gio Gonzalez
A.J. Burnett
Stephen Strasburg

Strasburg will be shut down in 3 starts and will and steal votes from Gonzalez, taking him out of the running. I think Dickey's only competition is Johnny Cueto.

Dickey will have 6-7 more starts left, if he goes 4-2 w/ a ND and keeps the ERA around the same I think he gets it.
lol burnett. (replace him with Kershaw)

Johnny Cueto
R.A. Dickey
Gio Gonzalez
A.J. Burnett
Stephen Strasburg

That would be awesome. RAs a great guy and deserves it.what a story!

Windu

Derek Lowe still sucks. Not that it matters
AnEternalEnigma said:
JnMz3.gif

lol burnett. (replace him with Kershaw)
keep in mind Burnett was like 10-2 at one point. And Kersh would have to win out, I know you can win a Cy with a low win total but the W/L disparity is not good, 3 of his competitors are at 17 wins (they could win 20 games) with less losses and he's 12-8.

rando14

Johnny Cueto
R.A. Dickey
Gio Gonzalez
A.J. Burnett
Stephen Strasburg

EDIT: Dickey just said his knuckler felt "crummy" early on, yet he only threw 4-5 fastballs tonight. How is that possible?

ibnxfrL6XuWAsP.gif

zulux21

white sox bases loaded no one out : 0 runs
tigers bases loaded no one out : 3 runs :/

oh well the game isn't over yet but it's not looking good.

zulux21

Still only have to take 1 this weekend. Anything else is a bonus.

yeah as long as we aren't swept it will all be good, but I was hoping they would take the first game so I don't have to worry about it as much, especially since there is a high chance I won't be able to watch the third game since it will likely be blacked out on MLB.TV due to it being on ESPN 2 :/

When they called him up they said he had one of the best arms in all of baseball

Huh...didn't know that. In any case, amazing way to end the game. I literally yelped with joy, which terrified my cats and startled my wife, but whatever...how many games end with a runner being thrown out at home?

Sorry, but he's nowhere near the top in WAR, FIP, ERA, xFIP, or SIERA. How is he in the hunt? Kershaw, Cueto, Dickey, even Bumgarner have better cases.
I'm sure the voters have no idea what most of those terms are outside of ERA. And he has 6 starts to get it back to 3.

Windu

I'm sure the voters have no idea what most of those terms are outside of ERA. And he has 6 starts to get it back to 3.
the only thing he is in the top ten in is pitcher wins, one of the most useless statistics in baseball.

Wins (lol) 5th
ERA 23rd
IP 32nd
WHIP 26th
K/BB 27th
xFIP 12th
SIERA 12th
fWAR 26th

Jesus McCann, why the fuck would you call a fastball on an 0-2 pitch when the guy has just looked totally stupid on two sliders? His pitch-calling his maddeningly stupid sometimes.

Windu

Chipper will hit a HR here.

Freddie will hit a HR here.

McCann will hit a HR here.

the braves will not score here.

I called it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom