• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
this feels like every kuroda start. gives up a few early runs. offense silent

Not every outing, just these two recent ones. He makes a grave mistake, settles down, and The Yankees make some scrub look like an ace. It's fucking frustrating. Cano is Josh Hamilton esque when he's not making contact with the ball.

sangreal

Not every outing, just these two recent ones. He makes a grave mistake, settles down, and The Yankees make some scrub look like an ace. It's fucking frustrating. Cano is Josh Hamilton esque when he's not making contact with the ball.

well the early runs before settling down is a recent thing, but the lack of run support has been all season

A Rod and Tex's absence leaves vacuum in our lineup. Now we have to overly rely on our bench to contribute more than they should. If I have to see another Andruw Jones and Ibanez at bat...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Rwhc1.gif

nitram odarp powah

Tex is a lost cause but I thought Grandy would change his approach at the plate. he really does look like he swings from his heels.
Considering the hitter Tex used to be, I'm stunned. This guy was Mr. All-Around hitter, and for him to say "Fuck it, I love me some NYS short porch"... I can't believe it.

sangreal

Considering the hitter Tex used to be, I'm stunned. This guy was Mr. All-Around hitter, and for him to say "Fuck it, I love me some NYS short porch"... I can't believe it.

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't have to hear Kay tell the story of Tex saying that every time Tex manages to steal a hit

cashman

Banned
Beltre has been absolutely lighting it up.

lineup that's weak right now riddled with injuries, (no homeruns since the first game of the homestand) and getting shut-out tonight. collapses can happen to any team....

As much as I'm rooting for a Yankee collapse to happen, I really don't think it will. Even with all the injuries they are still way more talented than the second string Rangers.

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't have to hear Kay tell the story of Tex saying that every time Tex manages to steal a hit
I hate that story. To some extent the same thing has happened to Adrian Gonzalez.

There's something to be said for the line drive hitter to doesn't try to hit homers. Keep that average up!

eznark

Banned
because this is your world series.

Pft, the Brewers have been destroying the Pirates for a decade. This is just another humiliation of a shitty team that is going to miss the playoffs. Also, I haven't missed any Brewers game in years and years and years.

(Have you forgotten the Brewers bullpen, Pittsburgh totally going to win this game)

HE struck him out! AND THE BALLGAME IS OVER!

R.A. Dickey pitches a complete game, 5 hit shutout and becomes the first Mets pitcher in 3 years to win 17 games (17-4). He lowers his ERA to 2.63, 2nd in the NL.

Code:
[U][B]Pitchers     	        IP	H	R      ER	BB	SO    HR   PC-ST   ERA[/B][/U]
R Dickey (W, 17-4)	9.0	5	0	0	3	 7     0   114-76  2.63

oh yeah Mets win 3-0.

R.A. Dickey pitches a complete game, 5 hit shutout and becomes the first Mets pitcher in 3 years to win 17 games (17-4). He lowers his ERA to 2.63, 2nd in the NL.

Code:

oh yeah Mets win 3-0.

I smell Cy? (not based on wins of course but just saying....)

Code:

oh yeah Mets win 3-0.
CY Young.

jakncoke

Banned
Pft, the Brewers have been destroying the Pirates for a decade. This is just another humiliation of a shitty team that is going to miss the playoffs. Also, I haven't missed any Brewers game in years and years and years.

(Have you forgotten the Brewers bullpen, Pittsburgh totally going to win this game)

we dont have walker/cuthc.. surely you made fun of this offense once or twice and that was iwth them in it! just think about that for a second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom