• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nats will be fighting for home field advantage RoS and a hundred win season. I'd be optimistic, since they did it recently, but it's not likely given the talent disparity.

LOL! Now I know you are just trolling. Phils had the best record the last 2 seasons and the best record this year since August. The only time the Nats had more talent was when they Phils were playing their AAA team before Howard and Utley came back. Phils have a better pitching staff for sure now that Strats is home chilling, and the lineup are really close.

My god his stuff is so ridiculous.

uggla.gif

Yeah Dominican Power that is exactly the pitch I was thinking of. Man the Phillies got so lucky with getting him. They have given up the most 8th inning runs this year. If they had just called him up early they would already have a wild card spot.

rekameohs

Banned
Even with the Yanks doing poorly Mike is still concentrating heavy on the Mets. Amazing.

He needs to pray the Yanks don't miraculously miss the playoffs.

So here's the 2013 Interleague shakedowns

AL East vs. NL West

AL Central vs. NL East

AL West vs. NL Central

May 27-May 30 will be four games of a "Rivalry Series" in which two games will be played in one stadium and the other two in the other. There is no offday in between. Rivalry matchups:

Astros vs. Rockies
Angels vs. Dodgers
Athletics vs. Giants
Blue Jays vs. Braves
Brewers vs. Twins
Cardinals vs. Royals
Cubs vs. White Sox
Diamondbacks vs. Rangers
Indians vs. Reds
Mariners vs. Padres
Marlins vs. Rays
Mets vs. Yankees
Orioles vs. Nationals
Phillies vs. Red Sox
Pirates vs. Tigers

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Blue Jays and Braves being rivals is laughable, but it works for me cause I can get to Toronto a whole hell of a lot easier than I can get to Atlanta.

The AL West has a new whipping boy!

Or just another whipping boy...

Seattle's probably going to wind up like Toronto generally has been for the last few years -- finishing fourth ahead of one atrociously bad team, but way better than their record indicates. Houston next year will probably make the 1999-2011 Orioles look like a powerhouse. They're going to wind up with at least 110 losses again, and every other team in the division --Mariners included! -- will get to reap the benefits of their wretchedness.

cashman

Banned
Seattle's probably going to wind up like Toronto generally has been for the last few years -- finishing fourth ahead of one atrociously bad team, but way better than their record indicates. Houston next year will probably make the 1999-2011 Orioles look like a powerhouse. They're going to wind up with at least 110 losses again, and every other team in the division --Mariners included! -- will get to reap the benefits of their wretchedness.

Astros could have been out of the hole a lot sooner if they hadn't fucked things up so much last year.

rando14

The Padres have the best record in the NL West if you cut out April and May. If they add another bat and move the fences in next year, they're going to be crazy.

They also have a great farm system and some serious talent in Headley and Forsythe. However they still seem to have some pitching issues from what I can tell.

Ugh, I can't turn the Gameday Scout crap off anymore.

Nats' Michael Morse has a torn tendon sheath and a bone bruise in his left hand. He will miss the next two games and try to take BP on Friday to see his progress.

And as soon as the Marlins give him a lead, the no-hitter is over.

If the Phillies make it to the Wild Card game, Charlie Manuel is the NL Manager of the Year. No question.

I agree with this 100% He has done an amazing job of keeping guys focused and not letting them get to down after the bad start and all the blown games by the bullpen. Sadly there is a 0.0% chance they make it. Cant wait to see a gif of that strikeout Aumont just had.

Phillies have an easy ass schedule the rest of the way. Their next 7 games are against the Mets and Astros. Although they still have 6 games left with the Nats, they swept them the last time they faced them.

To be fair, if the Cardinals, Dodgers, and Pirates would have just played .500 ball the last two weeks, the Phillies and Brewers would still be a non-factor. But goddamn those three teams are blowing it.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
BELLLLLLLLTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom