• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

the Phillies would have to go undefeated or some shit for that to happen. I think the braves are 9 or 10 up on the Phillies.

they are indeed 9 up with 21 or so to go... so atlanta would need to go like 5-16 while the phillies and brewers go 14-7 or so which means that it's possible as long as atlanta falls apart. If atlanta plays .500 ball for the rest of the season they should be fine.

edit: with 18 games if they go 4-14 the phillies would need to go 13-5 or so... again not saying it's likely, but it would be fun to watch... unless you are an atlanta fan.

Phils made up a 7.5 game deficit in 07 with only 20 to play but no way are they catching the Braves. It will be a Brewers Phils playin game and the winner will play the Braves. I would hate to be the team that gets the winner of the wild card game if it is the Phillies or Brewers that advance.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm the best Yankee fan on this darn board.
All in favor of Sanjuro becoming Yankee president say aye. He clearly has the credentials, being the best yankee fan on the board and all.
they are indeed 9 up with 21 or so to go... so atlanta would need to go like 5-16 while the phillies and brewers go 14-7 or so which means that it's possible as long as atlanta falls apart. If atlanta plays .500 ball for the rest of the season they should be fine.

edit: with 18 games if they go 4-14 the phillies would need to go 13-5 or so... again not saying it's likely, but it would be fun to watch... unless you are an atlanta fan.
I'm not in the mood for a rerun.

hemtae

I thought Y2kev was Yankee council president by virtue of being a mod. Has there been some usurpation of power that I was unaware of?

zulux21

my white sox are working Scherzer harder than I thought through 5 innings he has given up just 4 hits, no walks, and has just 6 strikeouts with over 100 pitches thrown o_O;

zulux21

Absolutely pathetic. This team cannot shut down any team when they score runs the previous inning.

what team you talking about because that fits the white sox for the last 7 weeks or so :p
white sox score one in the 4th... give up 3 in the fifth :p

I thought Y2kev was Yankee council president by virtue of being a mod. Has there been some usurpation of power that I was unaware of?

nah I started this shit. kev is like CEO and Captmblack is COO Jman2050 is CFO and Dominican is Vice president. and I'm the founder (along with mashoutposse who no longer posts) then we have the junior executives,(Judderman, Supermalo, Joe, Syphon filter, etc) it's all very tiered and bureaucratic.

I think it's evil solrac's title because of seniority. He's from Paleo-GAF iirc.

yeah, sorta. gather round children. see back in Paleo-GAF people were downright hostile to any topic having to do with baseball. it was quite literally nerds hating baseball saying the usual cliche things like it's too slow, boring, they aren't athletes, blah blah blah. this was late 90s early 00s. but bit by bit we started breaking that ceiling and we're here today.

Jubs

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but it looks like Maholm had a short shelf life. I guess that's what you get trading for Cubs trash.

Okay Pirates. This is it: If you don't win this, I'm calling it a wrap on Pittsburgh for 2012.

With their backs against the wall, I gotta think they'll at least send this to extras. Just a hunch.

nah I started this shit. kev is like CEO and Captmblack is COO Jman2050 is CFO and Dominican is Vice president. and I'm the founder (along with mashoutposse who no longer posts) then we have the junior executives,(Judderman, Supermalo, Joe, Syphon filter, etc) it's all very tiered and bureaucratic.

yeah, sorta. gather round children. see back in Paleo-GAF people were downright hostile to any topic having to do with baseball. it was quite literally nerds hating baseball saying the usual cliche things like it's too slow, boring, they aren't athletes, blah blah blah. this was late 90s early 00s. but bit by bit we started breaking that ceiling and we're here today.

I'm gunning for Assistant To The Traveling Secretary

Edit: Soriano coming in in the eighth. Surliness at critical levels.

Malo

Banned
I demand to be the Don Draper of the council.

zulux21

*facepalms*
come in to try to prevent the tigers from scoring.. first pitch rolls back to move the runners to second and third @_@

harSon

Banned
We're seriously going to blow a winning season hahahahaha.

I'll take so much satisfaction in Hurdle losing his job, SO MUCH satisfaction.

I demand to be the Don Draper of the council.

wouldn't you be more like the young guy. what's his name? who gets to nail Christina Hendricks?

I'm gunning for Assistant To The Traveling Secretary
Edit: Soriano coming in in the eighth. Surliness at critical levels.

yes that position is open. you mostly drive Frankman around though....

please don't walk him Soriano, please.
edit: thank you.

We're seriously going to blow a winning season hahahahaha.

I'll take so much satisfaction in Hurdle losing his job, SO MUCH satisfaction.

I'm with ya now. This kind of collapse is just unacceptable. Somebody has to go.

But on the bright side, the Cardinals have been just as putrid.

zulux21

and septiblow just blew it again... 6-1 tigers now... need a big rally... or at the very least to win tomorrow.

at least we took the first game as then worst case we end up tied... and on the plus side the only team in the AL the tigers seems to be able to beat anymore is the white sox and we don't face them again so we can just win it while playing other teams :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom