• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangocube

Banned
As much as I am a Yankees fanatic, I'm REALLY happy the O's look to make it to the playoffs. Just isn't the same without them, with memories of Cal and his old playoff teams.

It's been far too long since the O's have been even a mediocre team. Watching the O's this year and seeing Camden Yards packed with people is a beautiful sight.

It's been far too long since the O's have been even a mediocre team. Watching the O's this year and seeing Camden Yards packed with people is a beautiful sight.

I was thinking about this today. The last time the Orioles were good, I was on AOL with dial up, never had a cell phone, etc. As a displaced O's fan, I would get resentful about the empty seats, because I wished I could be there. I'm glad the city is stepping up and embracing the team again.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Bobby Valentine said:
BOSTON—Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine announced at a press conference Thursday that the “Red Sox suck total shit this year” and confirmed his hatred of “every fucking player on the weak-ass team.” “Ugh, the Red Sox are such a shitty-ass team and the franchise sucks dick,” said Valentine, adding that Boston is an “incredibly shitty place to live.” “We’ve got a bunch of puss-bags out there. The fans are fucking assholes, and Fenway is a disgusting ballpark that I hope gets torn down.” At press time, Bobby Valentine said he “sucks shit, too.”
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bostonred-sox&id=23001&city=boston

Thaedolus

So I had a bet with a coworker where if the A's take 2 of 3, he buys me lunch, if the Yanks take 2 of 3 I buy him lunch, and if either team sweeps it's lunch plus we have to wear the other team's jersey all day. Thank fuck I know I'm not gonna have a Jeter jersey on Monday...

Jangocube

Banned
I was thinking about this today. The last time the Orioles were good, I was on AOL with dial up, never had a cell phone, etc. As a displaced O's fan, I would get resentful about the empty seats, because I wished I could be there. I'm glad the city is stepping up and embracing the team again.

Yeah me too man.

I live in Southern VA so it's tough to go see games, but I go see at least 1 game a summer. Over the last 10 years it's been absolutely maddening to go to a game and have more opposing team fans then O's fans in attendance. Specially Stankee games. The horror of those...

So I had a bet with a coworker where if the A's take 2 of 3, he buys me lunch, if the Yanks take 2 of 3 I buy him lunch, and if either team sweeps it's lunch plus we have to wear the other team's jersey all day. Thank fuck I know I'm not gonna have a Jeter jersey on Monday...

Don't count your chickens!

Yeah me too man.

I live in Southern VA so it's tough to go see games, but I go see at least 1 game a summer. Over the last 10 years it's been absolutely maddening to go to a game and have more opposing team fans then O's fans in attendance. Specially Stankee games. The horror of those...

The last O's/Yanks game I went to was maybe 5% Yankee fans. They were mostly all gone by the 8th inning after the crowd intimidated them out of the ballpark.

One dejected Yankees fan was overheard saying on the way out "This place is worse than Fenway!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom