• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Tall4Life

I think the Astros will pose a greater threat than the Indians. Yeah, the Indians got really hot, but they were kind of middling for most of the year. The Astros were consistently at the top of the league for months.

Either team could definitely win, but the Astros will be a greater challenge IMO.

Malo

Banned
As a Yankees fan, can A-Rod please jump off a cliff?
arodhandwave.gif

Tall4Life

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Indians. The pitching is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the pitches will go over a typical batter’s head. There’s also Corey’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these pitches, to realise that they’re not just dirty- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Indians truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Corey’s existential catchphrase “Those are things you'll probably look back on after the fact and not during the middle of it” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Terry Francona’s genius wit unfolds itself at their ball parks. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Indians tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower).

Choomp

Banned
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Indians. The pitching is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the pitches will go over a typical batter’s head. There’s also Corey’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these pitches, to realise that they’re not just dirty- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Indians truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Corey’s existential catchphrase “Those are things you'll probably look back on after the fact and not during the middle of it” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Terry Francona’s genius wit unfolds itself at their ball parks. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Indians tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower).

what the hell man

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Yankees and Cubbies or Dodgers in World Series will bring in huge rating for the network.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

200w.gif

Line_HTX

It's rare that the team with the best record wins. Also, Indians peaked too soon

Yep, it's like I said before the regular season ended, the AL record meant nothing. They definitely peaked too soon while we had injuries and all of them came back just in time for the playoffs. Maybe losing best record was what we needed.

Congrats Yankees.

Dunno what the fuck happened to my Indians. Especially Kluber. Jesus.

Beat the Astros!

The Tribe were the real fraudulent Jabronis after all! evoFraud

Mmhmm hmm hmm hmm hmm... Heh heh heh heh heh heh...

HAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

iori_yagami_laugh_by_uzumakisonic619.gif

That's why I wish the nba went back to a best of 5 series for the first round
The nba needs to adopt mlbs playoffs including wild cards, would make regular season mean something

Yeah, seriously. This whole "Race for 8th" is just as meaningless as the regular season NBA MVP. 1st Rounds also don't mean anything anymore when there are way more 4 game sweeps than competitive series.

Yanks got a real chance to win it.

5u2SokS.gif

Congrats Yankees.

Dunno what the fuck happened to my Indians. Especially Kluber. Jesus.

Beat the Astros!

you Cleveland folk are good folk. you got a good team, look forward to seeing them again.

As a Yankees fan, can A-Rod please jump off a cliff?

no u.

fucking hell. you would think getting older I would say "been there, done that" no, this one feels good. so goooooood.we slayed a giant.
the Baby Bombers, a team that's in rebuild mode, retool whatever you wanna call it, they went down 0-2 and just got up off the floor and went to work.
like I've been saying all year, this team is just fun to watch. no matter what happens this has been fun.

NOW ONTO THE ALCS!!!

Wasn't this a Rick and Morty copypasta?

Malo

Banned
SOSH said:
I regret that we didn't have a brawl in which at least seven Yankee players suffered fractured skulls and epidural hematomas.
SOSH said:
I hope every single Yankee tears every single one of their ACLs and UCLs before this game ends. Fuck these guys.
The salt from SOSH gives me life.

Top Bottom