• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

zychi

Banned
Can i get a gif of that second base error when pedroia slid in? I havent been reading the thread so if its been posted i apologiz

GO RED SOX. FUCK THE CARDS

BFIB

Great time for the Cards to fuck up.

Hopefully they win tomorrow. Split coming back to St. Louis, I still think they win in 5 or 6.

So this happened

original.gif

I still never get why anyone enjoys a blowout; even when STL stomps someone, I think it's more fun to just see a close, hard-fought game than a lopsided victory. I don't care if STL loses tonight, I just hope they come out and make it a competition. I suspect we'll have a better game on our hands, as it cannot get much worse.

BFIB

I don't even know why Lester felt the need to cheat. All he had to do was watch us mess up plays and chase balls out of the zone all night.

I don't even know why Lester felt the need to cheat. All he had to do was watch us mess up plays and chase balls out of the zone all night.

From the videos I've seen, they're all from the 7th inning. Is there any evidence that shit was there before that inning? It almost looks like grass caught in the webbing or something.

eznark is like the cranky old grandpa we've all come to know and love. <3 ezny.

BFIB

From the videos I've seen, they're all from the 7th inning. Is there any evidence that shit was there before that inning? It almost looks like grass caught in the webbing or something.

eznark is like the cranky old grandpa we've all come to know and love. <3 ezny.

Eh, who knows. I just thought it'd be fun to post. If there truly was something on his glove, the umps would have seen it, if it was that bright and green.

Doesn't change the fact that we showed up at the WS and played like utter shit.

Eh, who knows. I just thought it'd be fun to post. If there truly was something on his glove, the umps would have seen it, if it was that bright and green.

Doesn't change the fact that we showed up at the WS and played like utter shit.

Except for Beltran. He played better from the hospital bed than the rest of the team combined.

Drek

His PitchF/x data doesn't suggest any greater break on his pitches last night, which is the only advantage from doctoring a ball. It doesn't help control.

BFIB

I think its safe to say that after last night, Kozma has a .000000001% chance of being our opening day SS next year.

jbug617

Banned
MLB response to the video

@Buster_ESPN: Statement from MLB's Pat Courtney on alleged Lester foreign substance: "We cannot draw any conclusions from this video. (more)

@Buster_ESPN: Cont. "There were no complaints from the (STL) and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game."

BFIB

Is that pinetar in the glove?

Pinetar doesn't look like Nickelodeon slime from the 90's. Not sure what it is, but the Cards never made any complaints so its a non-issue.

But I'm sure whatever it is, won't be there on Lester's next start.

Sanjuro

Pinetar doesn't look like Nickelodeon slime from the 90's. Not sure what it is, but the Cards never made any complaints so its a non-issue.

But I'm sure whatever it is, won't be there on Lester's next start.

...or any of the Card's pitchers either.

BFIB

...or any of the Card's pitchers either.

Yeah, I'm sure all pitchers have tried this method at one time or another.

It is what it is, Lester didn't cause the Cardinals to not show up defensively, so it doesn't really matter IMO.

Has there been a single series this season that St. Louis hasn't complained about?
I hear they complained about the Pirates acting like they belonged on the same field as the Cardinals. Something about being brazen enough to win more than one postseason game after two decades of futility. Gotta pay your dues, one game at a time.

zychi

Banned
Im guessing its bullfrog sunscreen again. Stl fans are always spoken as "the best fans in baseball" but all they do is whine and complain when they lose, and they act like smug fart smelling assholes when they win. No class in that fanbase.

BFIB

Im guessing its bullfrog sunscreen again. Stl fans are always spoken as "the best fans in baseball" but all they do is whine and complain when they lose, and they act like smug fart smelling assholes when they win. No class in that fanbase.

I think there are these kinds of fans in every sport, that follow every team. However, the "smug fart smelling assholes" comment is interesting considering the Blackhawks avatar. Seems every time I got to a Blues/Blackhawks game, its the 'Hawks fans that are the obnoxious ones who complain constantly.

I agree, the Cards fanbase is one hypocritical hivemind. Though I think including some tweets of racist Cards fans would've strengthened that argument. Especially when juxtaposed with the ones proclaiming themselves as the #BFIB.

jbug617

Banned
Cards GM says they are not going to pursue the issue

"As far as I'm concerned it's a non-issue," Cardinals GM John Mozeliak told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "It's something that arose in social media and not from our players or manager or our coaching staff. To me it does not represent a concern."

Post-Dispatch thinks it's Pine Tar or Rosin so that Lester could get a better grip

Top Bottom