• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Macattk15

Fucking god.

Intentionally walk the .233 hitter to get to the .280 hitter ... I don't give a fuck about handedness.

edit : Mariners.

Here you go Mariner bros.

jbnMWkVNSgq4GQ.jpg

MiKeD

Banned
Put down my first bet of the season today, a 3-way parlay:

Blue Jays to win
Pit-Sea to finish under 6.5 runs
Nats to win by at least 2 runs

30 bucks gives me around 250. Looking good. Would be nice to start off the season with instant winnings.

woot ball game, 18 games over

Havent had been this far past .500 since 1972 through 78!

STILL NOT SAFE

jakncoke

Banned
Put down my first bet of the season today, a 3-way parlay:

Blue Jays to win
Pit-Sea to finish under 6.5 runs
Nats to win by at least 2 runs

30 bucks gives me around 250. Looking good. Would be nice to start off the season with instant winnings.

STILL NOT SAFE

Well yeah I mean we did screw up a 16 game in early august. I wonder what the record is for a team most games above .500 to eventually finish below .500 in that season. 16 last year had to be up there

MiKeD

Banned
Well yeah I mean we did screw up a 16 game in early august. I wonder what the record is for a team most games above .500 to eventually finish below .500 in that season. 16 last year had to be up there

Naah, I'm just screwing with you, bro, since your sub .500 payroll statement. lol

I'll probably continue to say you're not safe until the day it's mathematically impossible.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy shit we were the first ever to be 16 games above at game 108 and finish below .500

also wow being 25 games over at one point and finishing just .500

There was Herman Franks' infamous 1977 Chicago Cubs. That team was 25 games over .500 at one point, was still 18 over (63-45) after 108 games and finished at 81-81, completing their legendary Cubbie-esque plunge from first place, and an 8½-game lead, to fourth place, 20 games south of first place.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I know I was kind of disappointed originally when Walden was all we got out of Tommy Hanson, but it's looking pretty good these days.

RBH

Jurickson Profar is still not ready to start in the outfield, according to manager Ron Washington.

The Rangers are teaching Profar, a natural infielder who came into the year ranked as the top prospect in baseball, how to play the outfield in order to incorporate his bat into the lineup. The Rangers currently are set up the middle with Ian Kinsler at second and Elvis Andrus at short.

"He's not ready," Washington said of Profar. "He's progressing but he's not ready to go out in that outfield and run after some baseballs."

Washington said Profar is working hard with third base coach Gary Pettis to learn the intricacies of playing the outfield, and Washington will use Profar based off Pettis' timetable.

Profar is batting .263 with two homers and seven RBIs in 28 games. Washington said he plans to play Profar in Thursday's series finale, although he's not sure where. Profar last started on June 20.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texa...6/jurickson-profar-not-ready-to-play-outfield

cashman

Banned
They really should just send him back down to AAA to get some at-bats instead of continuing this charade.

I'm not sure AAA would help his development much at this point either. They just need to put him out in left field this year so he can replace murphy.

Lance Lynn sure is charitable to the worst lineups in baseball. First the Marlins and now the Astros.

Imagine losing the belt to the Marlins and coughing up the division lead by losing to the Astros. While getting swept at home in between.

sangreal

and now Joba will ensure Pettitte gets the loss

what the fuck was Joe thinking letting him pitch in a 1-run game

(oh right, 7th inning)

RGVNOE

Lance Lynn sure is charitable to the worst lineups in baseball. First the Marlins and now the Astros.

Imagine losing the belt to the Marlins and coughing up the division lead by losing to the Astros. While getting swept at home in between.

Yea that was a horrible inning, hate that MM wants him to finish 5 for a chance at a W. Lets hope he doesnt give up more runs

Edit: not a pretty inning for lynn, but glad no more runs scored. That should've been his last pitch hopefully

Top Bottom