• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Murph is working the count, but he's swung at ball 4 a couple of times.

EDIT: DEEP RIGHT FIELD AND IT'S OUTTA HERE! 3-run homer by Daniel Murphy! 4-0 Mets!

jakncoke

Banned
Go Pirates

manny injury tought me a new ligament in the knee "An MRI on Tuesday revealed Machado has a torn medial patellofemoral ligament. "

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates have had 414 infield shifts this year. the last 3 years it was 105, 87 and 84 wow

Why is the recovery period for a torn MCL shorter than that of a torn ACL?

He didnt tear his MCL it was his MPL. MCL is significant injury like the ACL. According to yahoo he doesnt even surgury and can run in 6-8 weeks

rando14

Manny Machado has only a torn MCL. ACL is fine. He'll be ready for spring training.

Huge sigh of relief for O's fans.

Actually it's not the MCL its the medial patellar ligament, which is much less severe than an MCL

Go Pirates

manny injury tought me a new ligament in the knee "An MRI on Tuesday revealed Machado has a torn medial patellofemoral ligament. "

yup: patellar, anterior/posterior cruciate, medial/lateral collateral, transverse, and the popliteals iirc

Talon

Why is the recovery period for a torn MCL shorter than that of a torn ACL?
From my med school girlfriend:

MCL's less thick than the ACL, so I'd think that would be part of it. Also, the ACL keeps your knee from sliding forward in your normal gait, so it's sort of a crucial to walking and in constant use. The MCL is more for lateral movement and that's not a normal motion for most people.

Indians fans already thrilled on Twitter.

57NWKry.png

Top Bottom