• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Well, I guess it's official.

Still going to lose that first game, though. I haven't seen a professional sports team I like advance in a round of the playoffs since 1995, when I was 9. It's a Vastradamas *stamp sound* guarantee.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
pirates+logo.gif

Chris R

Well think of the bright side MarinerGAF, season is almost over! I can taste Spring Training!

edit: I might actually fly down for Spring Training now that I think about it... Hmmmmmn

Macattk15

Yes. Soon to end.

This KC playoff push is really happening, isn't it?

3.5 games back ... 2 teams in front. What 5 games left of the season after this one ... with Texas and Cleveland winning tonight.

Chances are pretty slim ... but still there. 1.5% according to baseball prospectus.

Askani

Wow. I can't believe that happened. Still in it! 1% is better than no %.

Lol. Ump wanted to go home

No kidding. Some of those calls on PitchFX for the last couple innings made me say "Uhmmm...what?".

It looked equally trashy for both teams at least.

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 23, 2013

AL EAST

2013 AL EAST CHAMPIONS: Red Sox

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        91   66   ---   --
Indians       86   70   4.5   2

2013 AL WEST CHAMPIONS: Athletics

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rays          87   69  +1.0   --
Indians       86   70   ---   --
Rangers       85   71   1.0   6
Royals        83   73   3.0   4
Yankees       82   74   4.0   3
Orioles       81   75   5.0   2

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       95   62   ---   --
Athletics     94   63   1.0   5
Tigers        91   66   4.0   2   

2013 NL EAST CHAMPIONS: Braves

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     92   65   ---   --
Pirates       90   67   2.0   4
Reds          90   67   2.0   4

2013 NL WEST CHAMPIONS: Dodgers

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Pirates       90   67   ---   --
Reds          90   67   ---   --

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        92   64   ---   --
Cardinals     92   65   0.5   5
Dodgers       90   66   2.0   4

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 23, 2013

AL EAST

2013 AL EAST CHAMPIONS: Red Sox

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        91   66   ---   --
Indians       85   70   5.0   2

2013 AL WEST CHAMPIONS: Athletics

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rays          87   69  +1.0   --
Indians       86   70   ---   --
Rangers       85   71   1.0   6
Royals        83   73   3.0   4
Yankees       82   74   4.0   3
Orioles       81   75   5.0   2

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       95   62   ---   --
Athletics     94   63   1.0   5
Tigers        91   66   4.0   2   

2013 NL EAST CHAMPIONS: Braves

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     92   65   ---   --
Pirates       90   67   2.0   4
Reds          90   67   2.0   4

2013 NL WEST CHAMPIONS: Dodgers

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Pirates       90   67   ---   --
Reds          90   67   ---   --

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        92   64   ---   --
Cardinals     92   65   0.5   5
Dodgers       90   66   2.0   4

Pretty funny that BOTH Central divisions are the only ones not clinched yet. Very good divisions.

turnbuckle

After last night's loss the Detroit Tigers only need to get 35 strikeouts in their final 5 games to break the all-time team strikeout record for a pitching staff. The old mark was set by the Cubs back in the Mark Prior / Kerry Wood days.

jakncoke

Banned
This KC playoff push is really happening, isn't it?

What push? They arent really moving

Right now 3 games back (156 games)
Sept 17th 3.5 games back
Sept 10 3 games back
Sept 1st 5.5 games back (136 games)

So basically in the course of September and currently 20 games they have gained 2.5 games on WC2 and the season has basically nothing left and they are still 3 out

So Sandy said Matt Harvey needs to pitch in the Arizona Fall League or perhaps in a Winter League in order to prove he doesnt need Tommy John. Never really heard of sumthing like this happening, like Gary said in the telecast but make some sense. Game action different from bullpen sessions.

What push? They arent really moving

Right now 3 games back (156 games)
Sept 17th 3.5 games back
Sept 10 3 games back
Sept 1st 5.5 games back (136 games)

So basically in the course of September and currently 20 games they have gained 2.5 games on WC2 and the season has basically nothing left and they are still 3 out

Yeah, they've had a hell of a run, especially since the ASB in which time they've gone 40-24, but unfortunately so have the Indians. I could easily see the Royals not losing again this year, but either the Rays, the Rangers or the Tribe would need to fumble big in the next few days for it to matter.

BUT... it matters anyway because even if they don't sneak in, this has been an AMAZING ride. And we sold out the K for the final two home games! That's crazy. This is a baseball city, and any hint of progress stirs it from its slumber. :)

BFIB

I'm loving this NL Central race. As much as I want the Cards to win of course, the idea of a 3 way tie would be interesting.

The league average position player hits .172/.202/.257 with a .203 wOBA after an 0-2 count. Matt Carpenter has hit .339/.362/.545 with a .387 wOBA in 127 PA this year after falling behind 0-2 . To give you an idea, only 12 players have a better wOBA than that for the entire season. Carpenter after an 0-2 count is actually better than Carpenter when he doesn’t fall behind 0-2. Some of that is randomness, but it also speaks to patience. When Carpenter takes his time selecting a pitch, he often does damage.
http://www.gammonsdaily.com/matt-carpenter-is-always-ahead-in-the-count/

Marp is pretty good at this baseball thing.

I'm loving this NL Central race. As much as I want the Cards to win of course, the idea of a 3 way tie would be interesting.

I'm just excited to see one division have 3 post season representatives for the first time in MLB history. Only took 2 seasons of the double wildcard to make it happen!

Top Bottom