• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Rommel

on a Wednesday?

Just put Bryce on the market. Highest order was 230, lowest was 225. So I made my 229999 lol.

I'll get 207k if that goes through, and I have some missions on the way that will get me an extra 50k. So I should be sitting at potentially 250-260k once I complete these.

Yah that seems to be the consensus on the forums. Probably a couple new impact veteran diamonds in set 5. Glad those baller packs are gone so I'm not tempted. Wasted a lot of stubs on those.

Also think we'll get a new impact veteran mission. But first only 18 more wins in ranked to finish that Griffey mission. Then I need to finish the All-Star Griffey mission

Incoming, "I sold harper and bought packs and now I have nothing" lol

lmaoooo, I actually took him off the market cause I think I can get more for him. surely enough, his highest buy now is now 239k, but sell now is 210. I think it'll keep going up

Either way, I'll basically be trading Harper for Jansen (75-80), Betances (55-60), Britton (26-30), Chapman (62-65), Kimbrel (11-12), Davis (17-19) I could go after Sutter and Yankees Miller but they don't help finish collections

I suppose I should include that it would help me finish the yankees and dodgers. that'll be nice.

fuck. set 5 flashbacks are nolan and CC sabathia

CC probably blows but Nolan might be interesting...

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about collecting the Padres? That Tony Gwynn seems pretty good... or are there just other RF people like to go with?

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about collecting the Padres? That Tony Gwynn seems pretty good... or are there just other RF people like to go with?

It's good, but I think most people end up using Reggie anyways. But that Gwynn would make a good CF. Anytime I auto generate lineup it puts him there. Also I'd be no one talks about it because it's so damn easy to finish lol

So those impact vet CC and Nolan don't sound too thrilling to me...if I were to pull one I would not complain though!

OMG eric Gagne Breakout and veteran roy oswalt are the new legends

I. NEED. THAT. GAGNE.
Goddamnit gagne is a 12-0 reward. Ain't getting that lol

I had the Phillies locked in already so the exchange part of the program is done, trading them all for Oswalt is way better than Schmidt

Just need to grind out the stats now :)

I wonder how many IV pitchers I have lol

Oh no, only Liriano and no one is in the ticket counter right now

At least it can be done offline....

Edit - Twins collection is an IV Hughes! Better buy Dozier now lol

Rommel

I want that Ryan... 94 Rating as a 42 year old, guy was insane.

Good time to unload your Phillies players if you have extra to sell.

So. I sold Lindor because I was about to get Larkin and figured I would buy a 50 pack and try to get some of these new cards. Well, I packed the new 91 Anibal Sanchez and sold that shit for 114k. Lol. Then I packed some golds and diamond equipments and I now have 140k. I don't k ow what to do with my riches.

beanman25

I got frozen.. Are there any words of advice to avoid this glitch that apparently everyone knows? I don't even want to play online because I've had 4 frozen in a row.

Rommel

So. I sold Lindor because I was about to get Larkin and figured I would buy a 50 pack and try to get some of these new cards. Well, I packed the new 91 Anibal Sanchez and sold that shit for 114k. Lol. Then I packed some golds and diamond equipments and I now have 140k. I don't k ow what to do with my riches.

Get Boggs and grind away on the impact veteran mission at the same time.

Get Boggs and grind away on the impact veteran mission at the same time.

I actually bought Chris Sale for 77k and Corey Seager again for 62 k. I'll platoon Larkin and Seager. I went through my stats for shortstops and I was unable to ignore Seagers numbers. He has been by far been one of my best bats in this game. My team missed his power. My team is:

CAP My most consistent hitter. Using Chipper Jones stance.
Seager/Larkin
Harper
Dawson
Werth I hit so good with him against rightys and lefties
Votto Been a stud in the 6 hole.
Kinsler 97
B. Bell
P

Packs

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Finally bought the game. For the last like 5+ years typically I only do RttS but I grown kinda tired of it. What do people recommend me to play this time around...keep in mind I prefer not to play online much anymore (too many bad memories of gaf leagues lol).

Finally bought the game. For the last like 5+ years typically I only do RttS but I grown kinda tired of it. What do people recommend me to play this time around...keep in mind I prefer not to play online much anymore (too many bad memories of gaf leagues lol).

When Frankman was in charge it was a disaster.

We tried a league without him and it wouldn't work!

sh1fty

Managed to finish the Ian Kinsler player epic today. Probably took me about 10 3 inning games to get the 21 doubles I needed. Got easier once I realized I could just send a runner from 1st to 3rd, or 2nd to Home (knowing he'd get out) and have the batter sneak into 2nd for the double.

My current diamonds are 93 Kinsler, 93 Granderson and 92 Freeman (plus Sabathia and Catfish). Going to start focusing on the Team Epics / Rendon Conquest mission. Once I get a few Hardware and All Star players from the Epics I can finish off the Conquest missions for Holliday and Reggie Jackson. The only guys I have for these are HW Karros and AS Norris.

I'm a little nervous about the vs. CPU on Veteran games... I'm not great at this game but I did manage to handle the 3 inning Veteran games quite easily in Conquest (when Rookie wasn't an option).

Rommel

Managed to finish the Ian Kinsler player epic today. Probably took me about 10 3 inning games to get the 21 doubles I needed. Got easier once I realized I could just send a runner from 1st to 3rd, or 2nd to Home (knowing he'd get out) and have the batter sneak into 2nd for the double.

My current diamonds are 93 Kinsler, 93 Granderson and 92 Freeman (plus Sabathia and Catfish). Going to start focusing on the Team Epics / Rendon Conquest mission. Once I get a few Hardware and All Star players from the Epics I can finish off the Conquest missions for Holliday and Reggie Jackson. The only guys I have for these are HW Karros and AS Norris.

I'm a little nervous about the vs. CPU on Veteran games... I'm not great at this game but I did manage to handle the 3 inning Veteran games quite easily in Conquest (when Rookie wasn't an option).

If you play directional hitting veteran can at times be a challenge, if you are even just ok at zone hitting you'll wreck the CPU on veteran. My games against Vet are usually like 15-1 now.

sh1fty

If you play directional hitting veteran can at times be a challenge, if you are even just ok at zone hitting you'll wreck the CPU on veteran. My games against Vet are usually like 15-1 now.

That's something I've been meaning to do, is make the switch to Zone. Most of my time so far has been spent beating Conquest and the early stages of Team Epics all on Rookie (minus the few strongholds I had no choice but to play Veteran).

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone tried this Veteran Billy Wagner yet?

I already bought Kimbrel (Only 11k!) and I'd like to get the other live diamonds, but damn, Betances+Chapman+Jansen by themselves cost a LOT, and that doesn't include Wade Davis, and Britton, who are all cheaper by a lot. I figured maybe I can fill out my bullpen with ticket guys, but that Medlen looks kind of meh.

I have 18132 tickets right now, I've been saving up for the really kick ass cards I think are coming as diamond level rewards, but I would also bet they won't put cards that appealing in those stores. Got to make that $$$

Rommel

Anyone tried this Veteran Billy Wagner yet?

I already bought Kimbrel (Only 11k!) and I'd like to get the other live diamonds, but damn, Betances+Chapman+Jansen by themselves cost a LOT, and that doesn't include Wade Davis, and Britton, who are all cheaper by a lot. I figured maybe I can fill out my bullpen with ticket guys, but that Medlen looks kind of meh.

I have 18132 tickets right now, I've been saving up for the really kick ass cards I think are coming as diamond level rewards, but I would also bet they won't put cards that appealing in those stores. Got to make that $$$

I've read that some people prefer IV Wagner because he has a changeup. I picked him up today because his stats will count towards the IV Oswalt mission.

Anyone in the 600's want to help me with my Griffey mission? =)

The cutter is like the most dangerous pitch to throw. It's so good when you locate it but holy shit if you fuck it up pucker up that asshole because GONE THATS A HOMERUN.

Fuck you matt vasgersian

Kimbrel gets destroyed by ppl who can hit the heat, he's not worth it

Thank you for the heads up. Going to sell his ass

I got a Stanton as a post game reward, he was one of the 8 and I'm stunned I got him. I decided to just get it over with and finish the Marlins, Yelich is cheap.

Still haven't sold Harper yet. I'm actually beginning to think I should pursue Trout, got a few missions I'm almost done with...

Also couldn't you say the same about Chapman? or is there something particularly shitty about kimbrel. both have high h and k per 9

I got a Stanton as a post game reward, he was one of the 8 and I'm stunned I got him. I decided to just get it over with and finish the Marlins, Yelich is cheap.

Still haven't sold Harper yet. I'm actually beginning to think I should pursue Trout, got a few missions I'm almost done with...

Also couldn't you say the same about Chapman? or is there something particularly shitty about kimbrel. both have high h and k per 9

Kimbrel has 2 fastballs and knuckle curve

Chapman is a lefty with better pitch selection

Rommel

Up to 785 in ranked games right now... if I could put together a streak I might be able to finish the dill.

Played someone nearly ranked 1000 in the last game and pulled out a 8-7 victory. Super tough at that level, that guy didn't swing at a single pitch off the zone I swear.

The change up is the difference with Chapman.

I got excited getting a Gose as a post-game reward lol, 1000+ stubs

!!!!!!!
Rookie Griffey double, run, walk mission is done as long as this game doesn't go to queue like the last time I did it........

Up to 785 in ranked games right now... if I could put together a streak I might be able to finish the dill.

Played someone nearly ranked 1000 in the last game and pulled out a 8-7 victory. Super tough at that level, that guy didn't swing at a single pitch off the zone I swear.

I thought I had good plate discipline, some people up there are insane.

Most games I lose feel like it's RNG not treating me kindly, like how my opponent hits weak shit but keeps finding gaps or just launches it right over my infield, while their defense makes crazy plays or I hit it hard into an outfielder. But there's some players where you have no choice but to throw in the zone and hope it's the worst possible strike they can swing at. It's why I need pitchers with that high h/9 and k/9.

In other news...Harper officially gone. Sold for 236666 (I'm weird like that) so I now sit pretty at about 226k, with several mission being close to complete. Hello Mike Trout...

I think I have finally figured out that elite pitching is the most important component to a team. Every previous year it has been about the hitters but they have changed that this year.

I think I have finally figured out that elite pitching is the most important component to a team. Every previous year it has been about the hitters but they have changed that this year.

Completely agreed. Great pitching neutralizes great hitting.

Meanwhile I'm out here trying to get a Mike Trout instead of filling out my bullpen, lol. Feels ridiculous to have to pay north of 60k just to get an elite reliever though.

Rommel

Meanwhile I'm out here trying to get a Mike Trout instead of filling out my bullpen, lol. Feels ridiculous to have to pay north of 60k just to get an elite reliever though.

F-Rod is borderline elite so you'll get some bullpen help when you get him.

Man Rookie Boggs plays with much more power than his ratings.in about 140 plate appearances I have 10 bombs

I was gonna sell Kimbrel, but he's having a HELL of a year---I wouldn't get much back more than 11k for him (Which is what I paid)

Any chance he goes up? He's a part of an expensive Red Sox collection which is why I think he has a lower price. Also I bet a bunch of people had him when he was gold. But I'm not sure if he'd become any more valuable later.

His attributes are nice but yall are right, no changeup and he's limited.

Also, I quick sold Glen Perkins's bitch ass. I felt kind of dumb doing it, because what is 5k going to get me, but when I auto-generate lineups/rotations I don't even want to spend the time to take his sorry ass out. lol

I was gonna sell Kimbrel, but he's having a HELL of a year---I wouldn't get much back more than 11k for him (Which is what I paid)

Any chance he goes up? He's a part of an expensive Red Sox collection which is why I think he has a lower price. Also I bet a bunch of people had him when he was gold. But I'm not sure if he'd become any more valuable later.

His attributes are nice but yall are right, no changeup and he's limited.

Also, I quick sold Glen Perkins's bitch ass. I felt kind of dumb doing it, because what is 5k going to get me, but when I auto-generate lineups/rotations I don't even want to spend the time to take his sorry ass out. lol

He has already gone up twice, unless they give him a new pitch he won'f change much

Man these myCareer missions are fucking dumb. Just finished getting 2500 strikeouts, a sign I play this game way too much. And then to complete the second part of the mission you have to get 1250 more!!!

Seriously, who the hell thought it was a good idea to force people to pursue 3000 fielding assists!?!? There's probably 1500 more after the first part. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!

Previous years I could shut down diamond teams with a silver pitcher. Not this year.

Rommel

Man these myCareer missions are fucking dumb. Just finished getting 2500 strikeouts, a sign I play this game way too much. And then to complete the second part of the mission you have to get 1250 more!!!

Seriously, who the hell thought it was a good idea to force people to pursue 3000 fielding assists!?!? There's probably 1500 more after the first part. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!

I dread the fielding assists and the holds.

I dread the fielding assists and the holds.

Holds actually isn't bad now that I figured a quick way to do it. What I'm doing about that is to rip through conquest a second time to help tally up stolen bases as well. Also, so I can be disappointed by the ten pack they give you.

Just take a lead in the top of the first, but make sure it stays in a hold situation. Once I get my 3 run lead, I'll go for contact swings only and will just let my guys run themselves out. After I get 2 outs with my starter, I just sub in a reliever for every batter from that point forward. It'll get you 5-6 holds and a save.

Also I've stacked my lineup with really fast guys for these games so I can finish DYNASTY Triples (Why is that in all caps?) If I don't get a clear triple, I just keep his ass at first so I can tally stolen bases.

Homers and doubles are easy in this game. Singles and triples are actually quite difficult to tally up.

Top Bottom