• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

http://theshownation.com/news/10035-new-battle-royale-rewards-bases-loaded-pack-and-roster-update

Battle Royale Rewards
We recently added two brand new Flawless rewards to Battle Royale, but we haven't forgotten about the other reward tiers. Today we're adding new Legend and Flashback rewards to the 12, 9 and 6-Win tiers. Here's the list of all the new players you can earn:

12-Win Rewards
Impact Veteran Legend Chipper Jones, 95 OVR LF
Postseason Flashback Cole Hamels, 95 OVR SP

9-Win Rewards
Impact Veteran Legend Cliff Floyd, 88 OVR LF
Impact Veteran Flashback Drew Storen, 87 OVR CP
Impact Veteran Flashback Shin-Soo Choo, 85 OVR CF
Impact Veteran Flashback Joaquin Benoit, 85 OVR RP

6-Win Rewards
All-Star Flashback Odubel Herrera, 84 OVR CF
Impact Veteran Flashback Drew Pomeranz, 84 OVR RP
Impact Veteran Legend Roberto Alomar, 83 OVR 2B
All-Star Flashback Addison Russell, 82 OVR SS
Impact Veteran Legend Ted Williams, 80 OVR LF

New Impact Veterans
This past Wednesday we released some Impact Veteran pitchers to help you with the Oswalt program, and now we're releasing a batch of position players that will surely help you with an upcoming program. Here's where to find them:

Post-Game Rewards & Packs (Standard, Program, Conquest and other packs)

Impact Veteran Flashback Aaron Hill, 89 OVR 2B
Impact Veteran Flashback Angel Pagan, 85 OVR CF
Impact Veteran Flashback Dioner Navarro, 84 OVR C
Impact Veteran Flashback Denard Span, 84 OVR CF
Impact Veteran Flashback Justin Morneau, 81 OVR 1B
Impact Veteran Legend Johnny Bench, 78 OVR 3B
Impact Veteran Legend Dale Murphy, 73 OVR RF

I don't care about this impact veteran shit. I don't want no washed up players on my team!

Barely anything significant to roster update. Blackmon bumped up 2 points, David Robertson became Gold, a few new silvers, and who gives a damn.

It's really funny how you can go from selling Aaron Judge for 1800 to his value being sliced in half within the span of an hour because he didn't go gold.

TFW when you're about to get the last out of a game on a fly ball, and as you put your controller down you hit R2 instead -______-

beanman25

I can't ever win a game online if I give up a lead. I just get far too rattled and things sprawl out of control.

Got my rating mod down to +39, but I'm still struggling. ugh.

I was at 780 now i'm down to 602. I really wanted championship series, but idk if I have that in me

Rommel

Ugh... knew I shouldn't have played at lunch today... got shutout by a WS player with Thor. The game was just laggy enough to make Thors pitches semi-teleport around...

Didn't help he had a maxed out squad almost against my mission running squad.

Rommel how much did you pay and sell Trout for

I really need to reconsider what I'm doing if I'm paying nearly 300k for one player, lol

I think I have an addiction. Any time I manage to save up 1000 stubs I immediately blow it on a pack and get 4 bronzes in return. It's a vicious cycle because I know I just need to get lucky once and I can sell the diamond and build my team with the profit

I completed Conquest a second time and got two Starling Martes in my 10 pack #blessed

Sitting pretty at about a little more than 330k once those babies sell...

Rommel

Rommel how much did you pay and sell Trout for

I really need to reconsider what I'm doing if I'm paying nearly 300k for one player, lol

I paid 200k ish for him. Sold him for 310k when I drew him.

Finally made it to CS. Dread trying to get to WS.

beanman25

My offense ia fine, but have you got some pitching tips? I started getting lit up once I got last 750. I don't use an all diamond staff. Should I?

I'm a big fan of keeping my rating mod low.

Wow fuck

His price is insane now. I have the money to pay for him, but just thinking about all the other gaps I could fill makes me pause

This is like that Melo to the Knicks trade. I could have a more complete team if I just wait or I can blow my load now...

How fast did you finish conquest the 2nd time?

It took a few days to do, really had to just devote myself to it

Helped me knock out some mycareer missions though, 14k+9k for doing that is niiiiiiiiiiice

Thinking of buying a 50 pack because you know what the worst thing that happens is? I still have 280k and the cards I could sell from that 50 pack

Rommel

My offense ia fine, but have you got some pitching tips? I started getting lit up once I got last 750. I don't use an all diamond staff. Should I?

I'm a big fan of keeping my rating mod low.

At that level keeping your rating mod down doesn't help all that much. There are enough 500-600 level folks with all diamond squads now.

Edit:

I didn't realize how close I was to Matthews lol... I guess I finished his stats playing tonight and I already had 46 breakout cards so I was able to finish him up. Haven't played with him yet since I have Brett who is a beast.

OMG

I put in an order for Trout.

I refresh the page.

Some fucker outbid me by 1 stub within seconds and his order was completed

FUCK!!!!!

Wow fuck

His price is insane now. I have the money to pay for him, but just thinking about all the other gaps I could fill makes me pause

This is like that Melo to the Knicks trade. I could have a more complete team if I just wait or I can blow my load now...

It took a few days to do, really had to just devote myself to it

Helped me knock out some mycareer missions though, 14k+9k for doing that is niiiiiiiiiiice

Thinking of buying a 50 pack because you know what the worst thing that happens is? I still have 280k and the cards I could sell from that 50 pack

Stream the 50 pack!

No 50 pack until Trout is mine!

I may get two 20s instead. But we'll see.

It may be smart to just buy Britton and Wade Davis. My bullpen still blows.

Or I could pull a Trout in this 50 pack...

Did those fucks make it harder to win gold rewards in play vs. CPU games? Used to be 11.8 chance for gold on all-star, now it's only legend? I even made my team shitty (79 overall) to see if that would change things, but nah

When I saw it was a 1 I was a little skeptical that I'd be getting a Wade Davis. But I will not complain! Thank you MLB The Show Gods
Lance
I am not worthy!

Jose Ramirez
Familia
Nike Gold Glove
Cain
Cano

I would have preferred a Trout. But it's all good!

...........sell Cano for another 50?

94 Ichiro. Who wouldn't play because I have Griffey and Trout and CAP lol

I've had pretty amazing luck tonight. Those two Martes really gave me the cushion to get a 50 pack, if it weren't for them I'd have been conservative but knowing I still have the stubs leftover for Trout I felt like the gamble would be worth it (I was not thinking that 40 packs in)

94 Ichiro. Who wouldn't play because I have Griffey and Trout and CAP lol

Pinch runner?

Bought some packs.......pulled a diamond......cleats.......and not the expensive Griffey ones........

So that is like 6 diamond stadium/equipment and no players this year lol

Woke up this morning to see that my awakening happened about the same time as my Trout purchase going through #blessed

Now to figure out what to do once my Cano sells and I have 80k lying around...

I could outright get Jansen, he's nasty, and finish Dodgers

Orrrr I could go for volume and get Davis/Britton/Sutton. I'd like to have Chapman/Betances/Jansen now but those 3 will have to come separately.

Or I could buy a 50 pack and get a Trout.

Look how someone's luck has changed.

One pack makes all the difference!

The first pitch Mike Trout took as a member of my team went 420 feet to center field in Minnesota. Damn near hit the Target sign lol
Gotta do work but I'll be getting a K-Rod later today. And then I think I'm probably going to get Chapman instead of Jansen because I reallllllllllllllllllllllly need a dependable lefty since I quick sold Glen Perkins trash ass, and the silver lefties do not cut it in the CS/WS tiers]

Although Jansen might actually still be good---his cutter is fucking filthy and lefties don't want to face that shit. I think I remember he said in an interview last postseason that he would prefer to face lefties.

beanman25

At that level keeping your rating mod down doesn't help all that much. There are enough 500-600 level folks with all diamond squads now.

Edit:

I didn't realize how close I was to Matthews lol... I guess I finished his stats playing tonight and I already had 46 breakout cards so I was able to finish him up. Haven't played with him yet since I have Brett who is a beast.

You bring up a good point. I basically always match against complete diamond squads. I'll definitely start pitching with my best, although my relievers aren't very good.

Trying to figure out what to do with Yoenis. I would love to play him, perhaps with brock.

One pack makes all the difference!

The first pitch Mike Trout took as a member of my team went 420 feet to center field in Minnesota. Damn near hit the Target sign lol
Gotta do work but I'll be getting a K-Rod later today. And then I think I'm probably going to get Chapman instead of Jansen because I reallllllllllllllllllllllly need a dependable lefty since I quick sold Glen Perkins trash ass, and the silver lefties do not cut it in the CS/WS tiers]

Although Jansen might actually still be good---his cutter is fucking filthy and lefties don't want to face that shit. I think I remember he said in an interview last postseason that he would prefer to face lefties.

The 88 Veteran Billy Wagner in the ticket store has been great for me.

Top Bottom