• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I'm down to like 723 and I just forgot how to be good completely. I know I should just quit and take a break but my kid is due any day now and it's one of the few games that just makes me forget everything so I don't worry. I've tried movies, shows, reading and my mind always goes off path. Not with this game. Maybe that's the problem, I'm thinking too much about the game. I remember playing sometimes and I would dominate and then evaluate how I dominated and I couldn't come up with a answer. It's seemed like my batting was pure reaction and my pitching decisions kept people off balance all the time. Now I feel like my opponents are always in my head.

Rommel

I was one game away from WS and choked... then got back within one game and the person I was playing disconnected from me... but for some reason I took the loss. I'm livid right now... ugh

Same boat, I'm back in the lower end of CS . I can't hit anything :(

like I can't fucking square up on ANYTHING

I was one game away from WS and choked... then got back within one game and the person I was playing disconnected from me... but for some reason I took the loss. I'm livid right now... ugh

I'd be so pissed

Just playing single player occasionally induces a rage that makes me want to throw my controller at times with the BS ball/strike calls, I can't imagine it with another person online.

I keep losing games where I'm outhitting the other guy but I just have these innings where I give up multiple runs and then don't produce when I got men on base

FUck

OMG Orlando Cepeda just delivered the AB of the forever with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th. clawed back late to win!!!

oh jesus FUCK it was to someone rated 673. I got 12 points for winning lmao. it would have been catastrophic if I'd have lost that

Finished a couple missions so I bought 2x 10 packs......

Pulled a Stanton, 2 gold sponsorships, 2 gold equipment and 2 Aaron Judge lol

A ton of silvers too, I think I made some profit lol

Oh, I nearly forgot that one of the silvers was Villar who is still going for 5k+ lol

ph33nix, is Stanton going to return to diamond? :p

Hell nah

Judge on the other hand...you'd have to wait till August at the earliest for him to go diamond. But I do think he'll be gold soon.

Anyways I was awful yesterday but I think I was in front of my ps4 too much. So late on fastballs as the night went on...and I need to stop giving up runs in the very first inning of the game

Played a game this morning and won 9-2. Was somewhat Zen mind also. Opponent was 792 and I was 718 so I knocked him down to 764. Lol.

beanman25

Got BO Didi from BR and sold him. Thinking of trying to grab some pitching to sure things up. I bought 91 Latos from the market saturday but haven't lucked into pitching with him yet.

Thinking maybe rookie thor, is he any good? I've never used or played with him.

Rommel

Got BO Didi from BR and sold him. Thinking of trying to grab some pitching to sure things up. I bought 91 Latos from the market saturday but haven't lucked into pitching with him yet.

Thinking maybe rookie thor, is he any good? I've never used or played with him.

Rookie Thor is a stud and a very viable pitcher for even end game. I still run into rookie Thor in ranked games and I'm in the upper 800's

beanman25

Got back into Division Series!!! Been playing much better, because I'm playing less. I find I only get worse when I have longer sessions.

Flashback/Legend event coming.......I hope I have enough relievers....

I know I have Perkins and Axford.....and a couple others....

Rookie Britton
Rookie Fingers......or I could sell him for a few thousand
Ceil
Farquhar
Wagner

Ok I guess I have more than enough

The 80 ovr team cap might be problematic, gonna have some strange teams

So I won the game this morning. Then my boss let me go home early so I came home and played and won a game. Saw the ball good. Decided to play again and won. Decided to keep the train rolling and played again and I won again. All the way up to 834. I'm fatigued now or I would keep on going. It's amazing though, a funk where it seemed like I forgot how to play to playing and feeling confident.

My opponents were:

797 w 9-2
774 w 8-1
740 w 6-2
872 w 9-6

I swear there are games where I'm on a different difficulty than my opponent

Hit everything into fielders while he takes balls out of the zone out of the park. All balls I hit hard just slice foul

Fuck

I used to think I was ok at this game but I've been absolutely pathetic the last few days

so wow, I should go eeyore every game I'm down in. Just had an incredible comeback

Was down 5-0 for pretty much the whole game. once again, got off to a piss poor start. but I scored 3 runs in the 7th, 4 in the 8th, and one in the 9th, to win 8-5. at 823 now

It's kind of funny how my bullpen was the one losing me games before, now they're the reason I'm in games and can even win. meanwhile, I can't do anything good with scherzer. ugh. it'd be nice to be the team that jumps out in front, for a change

I swear there are games where I'm on a different difficulty than my opponent

Hit everything into fielders while he takes balls out of the zone out of the park. All balls I hit hard just slice foul

Fuck

I used to think I was ok at this game but I've been absolutely pathetic the last few days

so wow, I should go eeyore every game I'm down in. Just had an incredible comeback

Was down 5-0 for pretty much the whole game. once again, got off to a piss poor start. but I scored 3 runs in the 7th, 4 in the 8th, and one in the 9th, to win 8-5. at 823 now

It's kind of funny how my bullpen was the one losing me games before, now they're the reason I'm in games and can even win. meanwhile, I can't do anything good with scherzer. ugh. it'd be nice to be the team that jumps out in front, for a change

There is not much elite pitching this year. I heard Arrietta is good but he is going to go gold soon probably.

I'm going to try and hit world series after I play one more 2k game. Sitting at 820 (If I can get 870+ I'll be happy) I might stream so I am held accountable and don't embarrass myself. Who else is in!?

I do need to get these done though cause then I can spend my time playing out events, and that Cano reward is nice. I thought they'd give 12 win streakers the Cano card instead of that Russell Martin. Who the fuck wants Russell martin

I'm back! Beating WS opponents. Don't ask me what's different. Just woke up today playing good. 859! Can I make the WS before my son is born? He is due any day.

reAZbww.jpg

Oh really!?!? Damn, I thought you had to stay in it for some reason.

Well I guess it's comforting that I'll do no worse than the CS Reward

maybe today will be the day where i stop being lazy and finally add music. i can't take this soundtrack any longer, especially that one song where it sounds like he's singing about pelican bones.

I have no idea, but I've been on the wrong side of that too many times. I'll take it!!!

I'm glad this next guy offered a friendly quit. I hate zack greinke and I think I'll go take a small break and come back again. At this point, I need to attack this in small intense doses

I was screaming when Posada was safe lol

sh1fty

2 for 2 on my Veteran vs. CPU attempts. Only won 2-0 this time, but managed to string together a few hits to score my runs rather than a lucky home run. Definitely feels more like real baseball I suppose.

Is 'flicking' the PCI at the last second bad practice? I'm trying to guess where the pitch will come and put my PCI there initially, then just worry about timing. If I guess wrong and it's still a strike (i.e. I put my PCI low and it's a high fastball) I try not to swing since I'll likely just pop it up since I'm not good at moving my PCI that quickly. It's leading to alot more strikeouts but hopefully with more practice I'll cut down on those.

2 for 2 on my Veteran vs. CPU attempts. Only won 2-0 this time, but managed to string together a few hits to score my runs rather than a lucky home run. Definitely feels more like real baseball I suppose.

Is 'flicking' the PCI at the last second bad practice? I'm trying to guess where the pitch will come and put my PCI there initially, then just worry about timing. If I guess wrong and it's still a strike (i.e. I put my PCI low and it's a high fastball) I try not to swing since I'll likely just pop it up since I'm not good at moving my PCI that quickly. It's leading to alot more strikeouts but hopefully with more practice I'll cut down on those.

I would actually think about moving the PCI as you hit swing

Think about how a batter would hit in real life---it's all one fluid motion. sometimes you'll miss, but you'll get better contact when you connect

sh1fty

I would actually think about moving the PCI as you hit swing

Think about how a batter would hit in real life---it's all one fluid motion. sometimes you'll miss, but you'll get better contact when you connect

Yeah, I found I was moving it too far so hopefully with practice I'll get used to the sensitivity.

Rommel

Got one event game in during lunch. Was able to win and honestly I was surprised what I was able to put together @ 80.

Tanked SP with Rookie Max being my best pitcher with Arrietta being my worst.

Have two relief aces in Gossage and F-Rod.

Rookie Wagner is deadlier than his ratings so I saved there instead of upping to the 88 or 95.

Lineup is as follows

CF Lofton (82)
2B Jackie (82)
LF Ted Williams (99)
RF Dawson (99)
3B Brett (99)
SS Cal (99)
1B Boggs (79)
C Salty (83)

Rommel

Do you just put in your relievers right away?

Depends on the skill level of who I'm playing. I'll spin up a couple in the first inning just in case. But I was able to get a solid inning out of crappy Arrietta (helped I nailed Revere stretching for a triple), although honestly he has enough Velo that you can be wildly effective with him if the person you are playing is a free swinger.

My game is below. Only 46 more wins for Griffey.....

http://theshownation.com/games/38165133

Once again win and I'm in. I'm at 893. Get into the game and he has the WS banner. I'm up 3-1 in the fourth. Then in the next 3 innings, he scores one run to go up 4-3 where we stay until the bottom of the 9th.

https://twitter.com/rebelspy21/status/872584809041846272

There is the video. If you don't want to watch it. 92 Pollock ties it up with a HR. Then the guy gets 2 outs and I put in 91 Werth and he take the first pitch out to win it. I was fucking elated! Jumping up and down. Screaming some "fuck yeahs". I scared my wife. Lol.

7yVWKIA.jpg

Rommel

Once again win and I'm in. I'm at 893. Get into the game and he has the WS banner. I'm up 3-1 in the fourth. Then in the next 3 innings, he scores one run to go up 4-3 where we stay until the bottom of the 9th.

https://twitter.com/rebelspy21/status/872584809041846272

There is the video. If you don't want to watch it. 92 Pollock ties it up with a HR. Then the guy gets 2 outs and I put in 91 Werth and he take the first pitch out to win it. I was fucking elated! Jumping up and down. Screaming some "fuck yeahs". I scared my wife. Lol.

7yVWKIA.jpg

Scared the baby right out of her!

Congrats Korupt!

I apsire to be where you are by the weekend. I should have been playing but I've been grinding in 2k instead...what is wrong with me...

Congrats Korupt!

I apsire to be where you are by the weekend. I should have been playing but I've been grinding in 2k instead...what is wrong with me...

Thank you.

I feel like with a new event live, it's the best time to play as the top elite players and card collectors are playing that.

New post for new info to give you an idea what it took for me to go from 718 to 909.

W against 797 to get to 754
W against 774 to get to 785
W against 750 to get to 811
W against 872 to get to 834
L against 796 to get to 812
W against 876 to get to 835
W against 911 to get to 859
L against 863 to get to 840
W against 825 to get to 859
W against 816 to get to 876
W against 839 to get to 893
W against 824 to get to 909

Even with a mod rating of +155, I was consistently paired up with 800 rating opponents.

I outscored my opponents 68 to 36 in all those games.

About to try and win some games

Also, I don't have enough players for this event? WTF!

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

I'll probably need about 4 wins too. LFG

Korupt, how do you pitch to righties with Sale? I'm kind of lucky my opponent isn't very good but damn, it's kind of scary

two straight concedes! up to 869 and feeling GOOD

oh fuck! my next opponent is 908 this is a must win!!!

Top Bottom