• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I am so sick to my stomach

You can't even imagine

Numb

The crickets outside have never sounded louder. My face is actually trembling

I can't even begin to describe the catastrophic choke job that took place

I lost last night to someone in CS, bumped down to 865. I need to explain what happened so I can move on and get over it. Holy shit this must be what the Spurs felt like in 2013 after game 6

Inning 12:
Phees batting. Medlen pitching. Kimbrel in bullpen. Lucroy was called out on strikes looking on a fastball low and away. Cabrera pinch hit for Wagner. Cabrera popped out to Gordon (P3). Trout flied out to McCutchen (F8).
Runs: 0 Hits: 0 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 10 Runners Left On: 0

Giants batting. Watson pitching. McCutchen grounded to left for a single. Boucher flied out to Trout (F9). Martinez flied out to Griffey Jr (F8).
Runs: 0 Hits: 1 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 17

Inning 11:
Phees batting. Seager flied out to McCutchen (F8). McCutchen struck out chasing an outside slider. Kinsler lined out to McCutchen (L8).
Runs: 0 Hits: 0 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 11 Runners Left On: 0

Giants batting. Marte grounded out to Man (6-3). Correa grounded out to Kinsler (4-3). Kipnis lined to center for a single. Sanchez pinch hit for Osuna. Sanchez lined out to Seager (L5).
Runs: 0 Hits: 1 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 10 Runners Left On: 1

Inning 10:
Phees batting. Marte substituted for Arenado. Robinson pinch hit for Jansen. Robinson lined to left for a single. Trout homered to left (426 feet). Robinson scores.* Man grounded out to Kipnis (4-3). Griffey Jr flied out to McCutchen (F8). Cepeda flied out to Martinez (F9).
Runs: 2 Hits: 2 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 12 Runners Left On: 0

Giants batting. Axford pitching. McCutchen grounded to left for a single. Boucher flied out to McCutchen (F7). Martinez homered to left (427 feet). McCutchen scores. Watson in bullpen. Wagner pitching. Cabrera grounded out to Man (6-3). Gordon grounded out to Kinsler (4-3).
Runs: 2 Hits: 2 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 13 Runners Left On: 0

Inning 9:
Phees batting. Osuna pitching. Axford in bullpen. McCutchen struck out on a slider high and away. Kinsler flied out to Gordon (F7). Lucroy struck out on a high slider.
Runs: 0 Hits: 0 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 11 Runners Left On: 0

Giants batting. Gordon struck out on an inside fastball. Arenado grounded to center for a single. Marte pinch runs for Arenado. Correa grounded and deflected off left fielder McCutchen for a single. Marte advances to 3rd. Kipnis reached first on fielder's choice (3-6 FC). Correa out. Marte scores. Medlen in bullpen. Osuna grounded out to Kinsler (4-3).
Runs: 1 Hits: 2 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 12 Runners Left On: 1

Inning 8:
Phees batting. Man homered to center (407 feet). Strickland pitching. Jansen in bullpen. Griffey Jr popped out to Strickland (P1). Cepeda flied out to Martinez (F9). Seager flied out to Gordon (F7).
Runs: 1 Hits: 1 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Pitches: 13 Runners Left On: 0

Giants batting. Cruz pinch hit for Strickland. Rodriguez pitching. Wagner in bullpen. Finley pinch hit for Cruz. Finley popped out to Kinsler (P4). McCutchen walked. Boucher homered to left (394 feet). McCutchen scores. Jansen pitching. Martinez struck out chasing a sinker low and in. Cabrera flied out to Griffey Jr (F8).
Runs: 2 Hits: 1 Walks: 1 Errors: 0 Pitches: 16 Runners Left On: 0

So he had actually hit a game winning homer in the 12th but I pulled the classic close app as the ball was in the air lol

But man. So many mistakes in that game log that yall don't see. Every time he hit a two run homer, one of those runs was due to be trying to be cute to batters I should have been at.
With one out in the bottom 9, Kipnis reached to first by a step. Barely. Game would be over if I got him out, but Marte scored because Marte got to 3rd on a fielding error of mine that wasn't recorded.

I thought I had won it with the Trout homer in the top of the 10th. And then he answers right back in the bottom half.

My bullpen completely shat this game.

I should be in WS. Now I'm probably 2-3 games away.

make that 3-4

sh1fty

Got through the 3 Veteran vs. CPU games against the Marlins. I had to retry the 3rd game a few times as they kept crushing my diamond pitchers in the Top of the 1st. Sometimes it feels like SDS has a "Must make player lose" script that activates every so often in offline games so I usually just immediately quit (assuming it's in the first couple innings) and try again.

I've now gone back and filled my roster with the Stage 2 team epic bums (Yount, Brett, Stargell, etc.) to grind out the requirements.

I actually got lucky and walked twice with Giambi in my first game, homered with Killebrew in my second and even got a double with Stargell in my first game. I'm trying to be sneaky by keeping Charlie Blackmon in my lineup as leadoff so that Stargell can sneak into 2nd when I send Blackmon from 1st to 3rd. I've pulled it off 3 times but only once did it count as a double.

About to try and win some games

Also, I don't have enough players for this event? WTF!

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

I'll probably need about 4 wins too. LFG

Korupt, how do you pitch to righties with Sale? I'm kind of lucky my opponent isn't very good but damn, it's kind of scary

two straight concedes! up to 869 and feeling GOOD

oh fuck! my next opponent is 908 this is a must win!!!

Sliders in, fastballs in, changeups low and in. Then Change up that shit outside everyonce in awhile and watch as they are demoralized.

Fuck K-Rod

Fuck him

two huge games where he's blown it in the 8th

Fuck

three games ago I was at 891. Should've sealed the deal and entered WS. Now I'm 841 and about to lose another. This is what you call reeling.

I'm so pissed. I shouldn't play this game for another week

Rommel

Fuck K-Rod

Fuck him

Fuck

three games ago I was at 891. Should've sealed the deal and entered WS. Now I'm 841 and about to lose another. This is what you call reeling.

Once the rage sets in its time to step away from ranked for a couple days. That's what I did after I got screwed by the disconnect. I won 12 games in events yesterday (sadly no in a way to get Martin) and it was a great stress reliever.

I've noticed that F-Rod has some homeritis problems sometimes.

Fuck K-Rod

Fuck him

Fuck

Once the rage sets in its time to step away from ranked for a couple days. That's what I did after I got screwed by the disconnect. I won 12 games in events yesterday (sadly no in a way to get Martin) and it was a great stress reliever.

I've noticed that F-Rod has some homeritis problems sometimes.

Sorry for your troubles ph33nix, you know I can relate. The rage set in with me but I just kept on playing. I may have screamed at the top of my lungs when I was home alone playing to the point where my voice was shakey the next day and I may have told all the MLB The Show accounts on Twitter to "please fix your fucking game". Lol

You guys make me glad I don't bother with online haha.

When the challenge servers were not working the other day. I played the CPU on Legend and beat it 9-2. My point with that is is the CPU is kind of predictable. It has been programmed with classic baseball ideologies. Like keeping the ball down, looking for fastballs in certain counts, etc. Human opponents are more interesting.

I mean, I was up 5-2 headed into the bottom of the eighth vs someone who was barely in DS. was firing on cylinders all night.

Then my bullpen went to complete shit. I thought I sealed the deal with my trout homer in ten. Then Jansen had to give up a two run bomb to martinez and then he eventually wore me out.

Can't describe how deflating it was. Should've gone to sleep happy. Instead I woke up pissed off, got two games in before work, both were really bad Ls. I took 4-3 lead heading into the 8th against someone in the thousands. Then K rod comes in and gives up 3

I mean just FUCK

I SHOULD BE IN WORLD SERIES TODAY I SHOULD BE DOING EVENTS. BUT INSTEAD OF 3 OUTS I NEED 5 WINS AT MINIMUM :(
About to play someone who is 877. I need this. Time to fuck his shit up.

First pitch, he pops over Kinsler, and I'm just running around trying to locate it, and this fuck just circles and doesn't stop?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
second pitch he homers

why did I play
I just gave up 7 hits and 5 runs in the first inning

Rommel

I mean, I was up 5-2 headed into the bottom of the eighth vs someone who was barely in DS. was firing on cylinders all night.

Then my bullpen went to complete shit. I thought I sealed the deal with my trout homer in ten. Then Jansen had to give up a two run bomb to martinez and then he eventually wore me out.

Can't describe how deflating it was. Should've gone to sleep happy. Instead I woke up pissed off, got two games in before work, both were really bad Ls. I took 4-3 lead heading into the 8th against someone in the thousands. Then K rod comes in and gives up 3

I mean just FUCK

I SHOULD BE IN WORLD SERIES TODAY I SHOULD BE DOING EVENTS. BUT INSTEAD OF 3 OUTS I NEED 5 WINS AT MINIMUM :(
About to play someone who is 877. I need this. Time to fuck his shit up.

First pitch, he pops over Kinsler, and I'm just running around trying to locate it, and this fuck just circles and doesn't stop?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
second pitch he homers

why did I play
I just gave up 7 hits and 5 runs in the first inning

The first is my hardest inning. Something about it just sucks for me. Once I can get out of the first I usually cruise. Just have to hope I don't dig a deep hole during it.

You know what I should do? Stop playing during the day when tryhards like me are on.

I've gone from 891 to 815. Unbelievable. About to play someone that is 940 with a mediocre lineup so he must be good.

If I don't win this I'm not playing till weekend.

Gave up 2 run homer in the first in this one too. Sigh.

Rommel

You know what I should do? Stop playing during the day when tryhards like me are on.

I've gone from 891 to 815. Unbelievable. About to play someone that is 940 with a mediocre lineup so he must be good.

If I don't win this I'm not playing till weekend.

Gave up 2 run homer in the first in this one too. Sigh.

I've learned ranked games during the morning are bad ideas, you get put against Korean players who either are really really good or laggy as hell. Or you get the more hardcore players, I like to play in the evenings with more of the plebs are on.

God bless you Corey Seager.

I had to keep fighting back in that game. Kept fighting, won in extra innings. I think that guy must have been chasing stats for people, he was 931 and pretty damn good.

Back up to 841, but I just needed a win so badly. Going to do shit and get back into the fold tonight.

God bless you Corey Seager.

I had to keep fighting back in that game. Kept fighting, won in extra innings. I think that guy must have been chasing stats for people, he was 931 and pretty damn good.

Back up to 841, but I just needed a win so badly. Going to do shit and get back into the fold tonight.

Four games and your in. You got this!

Rommel

Haha no

Is he used a lot at the high levels? If I sell him I'd have over 110k stubs and no idea what to use them for lol

I've heard good things about him as an end game pitcher. I have him but I haven't used him in ranked play yet. Actually thinking about putting him into my rotation though.

FWIW the Nolan Ryan you get for finishing the Angels is pretty damn good, and I'd rather use him over Greinke and Scherzer

Rommel

FWIW the Nolan Ryan you get for finishing the Angels is pretty damn good, and I'd rather use him over Greinke and Scherzer

94 Nolan people seem to like better despite his lower Velo. At least you can spot his fastballs unlike the 92 Nolan's spray and pray method.

I don't even need the Tony Gwynn card but I'm debating at least trying him out. Wish It was a 2b or 3b.

Edit. Think I'm gonna keep him and lead him off.

Gwynn
Dawson
Harper
CAP
Votto
Lindor
Murphy/Kinsler
Bell
Pitcher

Keeping him will depend how well I do against lefties with him.

I already know I'm selling him for Chapman lol

I mean, if I get there.......................

About to do a game for a break. let's hope for NO MORE LOSSES

I got to join Rommel and Korupt in the WS. Otherwise I'm just a damn plebe :(

Also, I guess I have to skip these events? I don't even have the players to field a team, apparently. Which is kind of weird because I've completed at least all the 15 man collections....

I already know I'm selling him for Chapman lol

I mean, if I get there.......................

About to do a game for a break. let's hope for NO MORE LOSSES

I got to join Rommel and Korupt in the WS. Otherwise I'm just a damn plebe :(

Also, I guess I have to skip these events? I don't even have the players to field a team, apparently. Which is kind of weird because I've completed at least all the 15 man collections....

Lol, I said fuck this event and just sold a bunch of my bronze and silver flashbacks for stubs since they are at premium right now. Bought packs and nothing.

Yeah I can't even field a bullpen, I guess quick selling Perkins did that...how the hell are you supposed to build a team for this event when there's so few flashback relievers?

And I'm not paying a ton for that other

About to play someone who is 894

Going to fuck his shit up. Ruin his afternoon.

Syndergaard is hard to face though...

You know, for being maxed out, my CAP fucking sucks at defense sometimes. Should have ended the inning on a DP, but instead he has 2 men on and then gets a homer next AB. Fuck.
Sale got lit for 7, ugh. But I made a comeback. Down 7-6 in btm 7. I WILL COME BACK

What a win :D Was down 7-1 all game. Then I dropped 11 runs in the last 3 innings to win 12-8. Got up to 864, and took him from 894-871. WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm here to seal the deal. I lied when I said I'd do just one. I'll put a link so I don't spend time liveblogging here lol

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

oh no

oh no

please not a freeze

no

wow, I guess he quit. I'm up to 885 now. One more against a legit opponent or two against lesser....

How do you not have enough relievers lol, I pulled a few if the low ones in packs and they were too cheap to bother selling....until now

How do you not have enough relievers lol, I pulled a few if the low ones in packs and they were too cheap to bother selling....until now

Flashbacks? Not sure. Only have 6, 5 are gold/diamond and one is Jack Morris!

I'm at 885, playing someone who is 839. I probably won't hit 900 but this is a must win.

Actually, looks like Korupt got 16 points for beating a worse opponent while rated higher. THIS IS IT!! LET'S GO!!!!

Flashbacks? Not sure. Only have 6, 5 are gold/diamond and one is Jack Morris!

I'm at 885, playing someone who is 839. I probably won't hit 900 but this is a must win.

Actually, looks like Korupt got 16 points for beating a worse opponent while rated higher. THIS IS IT!! LET'S GO!!!!

Do it!!!!!

JD Martinez is lowkey the most terrifying player to face

Leading 1-0 in the top 6. 1 man on, 1 out (I'm away)

Trout triples home McCutchen! 2-0 lead!!!

Wow. He paid these umpires GG
He took the lead in btm 6. 3-2 :(

19025235_10109760071215920_1223690688561821895_o_zpselzz6xvm.jpg

WHAT. A. TIME.

I would like to thank you all for your moral support! Could not have done this without you!

Rommel

19025235_10109760071215920_1223690688561821895_o.jpg

WHAT. A. TIME.

I would like to thank you all for your moral support! Could not have done this without you!

The stress is a killer believe me.

Now I'm two wins away. Never heard back from my sds complaint from when I got screwed. You guys want to spot me a couple wins and a griffey 4/4 ;)

I was sitting here calling myself the GOAT manager for putting Cabrera in for Lucroy, pinch hits a homer. Was too elated that I forgot Cabrera was at catcher LMAO, nearly cost me

Rommel

I was sitting here calling myself the GOAT manager for putting Cabrera in for Lucroy, pinch hits a homer. Was too elated that I forgot Cabrera was at catcher LMAO, nearly cost me

Ahhh so that's what happened. I was wondering why you catcher was so bad lol

Rommel

If any 850 to 950 ranked player wants to make 20k stubs I'm willing to buy a very over priced common for 2 wins and 4/4 griffey ;)

You'll get hammered by sds if you do that lol

I maaaay be able to help but it can be tough to matchup. I've found it's impossible to do twice in a row

Damn how did you put that events team together? all the relievers I have are too damn good. I guess I'm skipping this one.

Rommel

I got to WS. I almost cried when I finished my 2nd win of the night and ended up with 899. Next game I was able to do it and get that sweet Tony. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now just 35 event games over the next 10 days (they extended it by another week) and I'll be done with Griffey and the Dynasty program. Woo

Got through the 3 Veteran vs. CPU games against the Marlins. I had to retry the 3rd game a few times as they kept crushing my diamond pitchers in the Top of the 1st. Sometimes it feels like SDS has a "Must make player lose" script that activates every so often in offline games so I usually just immediately quit (assuming it's in the first couple innings) and try again.

I've now gone back and filled my roster with the Stage 2 team epic bums (Yount, Brett, Stargell, etc.) to grind out the requirements.

I actually got lucky and walked twice with Giambi in my first game, homered with Killebrew in my second and even got a double with Stargell in my first game. I'm trying to be sneaky by keeping Charlie Blackmon in my lineup as leadoff so that Stargell can sneak into 2nd when I send Blackmon from 1st to 3rd. I've pulled it off 3 times but only once did it count as a double.

i'm currently trying to get 10 hits with that yount and good lord he is garbage. the ones where you only need singles are always super quick but i just can't get hits with this idiot.

Top Bottom