• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sal and Yost led the Chiefs to victory today.
XGv39hi.png

Why is joe buck hated so much? I enjoy his commentary.
He called Jose Bautista making a fly out Rios in game six in the ALCS. Sure it happens in all sports when an announcer messes a name up, but they usually immediately correct themselves. He didn't. I guess that happens a lo with Joe Buckt? I can see why it aggravates fans.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He called Jose Bautista making a fly out Rios in game six in the ALCS. Sure it happens in all sports when an announcer messes a name up, but they usually immediately correct themselves. He didn't. I guess that happens a lo with Joe Buckt? I can see why it aggravates fans.

"Strike one."

*umpire doesn't call it a strike*

*5 seconds pass*

"Ball one."

Why is joe buck hated so much? I enjoy his commentary.

Joe Buck shows his bias for certain teams on commentary, has a droll and obnoxious voice, and his delivery on certain calls juss pisses off people.

Plus, he's known for being a pompous ass off camera. He's only there because his dad was a well known broadcaster.

Man, I hate the guy.

3N16MA

Banned
Joe buck is terrible at his job. Play-by-play is his job yet he sound like he is about to fall asleep. He does a poor job actually describing the game.

i enjoy his voice but damn no emotion or whatever, time to get the fuck out. I have really enjoyed Matty V on Fox this season. dude knows his stuff and actually enjoys the game

What was that again?

Commentary in sports games is hard because it's all canned and gets repetitive over a while. While during games it's mostly spur of the moment.
I understand that,but a lot of his lines are not new and have been heard for nearly 10 years. It makes the game feel quite stale.

Let's Go Mets!!!

This should be a great series. We've seen the Mets pitching in the horizon, but I doubt anyone thought it would come together this quickly. They are built for a 7 game series and would be a challenge for any team.

That being said, I preferred the Blue Jays matchup.The Royals have a ton of scrappy players that are going to extend innings with their bat control and speed on the bases. That bullpen is nasty and they are so good defensively.

Their starting pitching doesn't scare me, but it's super important to score early and build momentum.

I've got the Mets in seven.

This has been one of the most boring postseasons so far from a neutral perspective. There have hardly been any close games. A bunch of blowouts.

Other than the KC comeback and "the 7th inning" I can't think of any other games that really made my butt pucker. I personally like lower scoring playoffs since it makes it feel like every run counts double or triple like how the past few years have felt. Now there may be some stats that counter my point but it is just about feel for me.

I hope the WS is more entertaining for me.

Go KC. finish what you started

Link

The Autumn Wind
This has been one of the most boring postseasons so far from a neutral perspective. There have hardly been any close games. A bunch of blowouts.
Did you miss the entire NLDS (minus Game 3)?

EDIT - Hell, even the NLCS had mostly close games.

Did you miss the entire NLDS (minus Game 3)?

EDIT - Hell, even the NLCS had mostly close games.

Nah I saw them. But like I said it comes down to feel. I just found it boring. I never felt like the Mets leads were in jeopardy at any point.

Idk I wish I could explain it. Just a weird feeling I have had from watching the games. None have made me tense throughout like in the past as a neutral.

Edit: there is nothing to quantify it. And it makes me sad since I LOVE playoff baseball. But I haven't had that same feeling like I have had in years past. Not even one walkout win the entire postseason either which is just wrong lol

zroid

Banned
Yes. I watch mlb network all the time. I get the impression he loves what he does and especially loves baseball. I think him on fox is getting things right halfway for their national broadcasted games. Just need to get Buck out.

He's OK on a panel. Not good, but somewhat tolerable.

As a commentator though? Mute button is better.

He's OK on a panel. Not good, but somewhat tolerable.

As a commentator though? Mute button is better.
Well I admit he isn't that great, but I hope he can improve. They should get another color commentator. I know people aren't particularly fond of Curt Schilling, but I love his banter with Kruk. If Fox can get someone with Reynolds it should be fun.

lupinko

Bo knows Pine Tar.

Bo knows 11 piece bucket of chicken.

Bo knows Alfredo Alberto.

Bo knows Bo Peep.

Bo knows Lorde.

Josh5890

I think Joe Buck gets a bit of a bad rap. He isn't a legend by any stretch but he has stood the criticism and continues to do a decent job.

I wish the Mets and Royals announcing crews could just come together and split hosting duties.

Gary Cohen was on the Michael Kay show and Kay had a great idea that I'm sure would never happen. Similar to the NCAA basketball final, you broadcast the game on three channels (obviously owned by the same company). One has the national broadcasters, and the other two have the local team's booth.

As Kay said, for them it feels like you take the hottest girl in the school to prom and then watch someone step in and take her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom