• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

/\/\
Edit: Some salty Cubs fans up in here

I'm not from NYC, but you can't go to the Mets subreddit or even here without reading about a massive influx of Mets fans running about. Hell, sound mentioned it a few posts before mine in this very thread.

KC experienced the same thing last year. My mom has worked for the Royals for years and never saw so many people at games. Hell, I know of at least one Cardinals fan who is on the Royals bandwagon. To which I say, fuck off, redbird trash!

I ain't even mad about the bandwagoners. Maybe that'll convince Scrooge McWilpon to spend a little more this offseason.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Anyways, I have no idea who to root for. My dad won't shut up for decades if the Mets actually win this, so I guess I'll go for Kansas City?

A-Rod should have beasted.

He would've taken his true form before clomping up to the microphone to accept his MVP award.

alex-rodriguez-centaur1.jpg

Edwardo

I'm down with KC. I like the Mets, but there's no way i'm rooting for an NL team unless it's against the yankees.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mets need to pick this up.

qDvEtaz.jpg

We hand over the belt this season, they give it back next season for Even Year shenanigans. NY can have the odd years*.

*Deal is null and void if NY doesn't pull through.

3N16MA

Banned
I think the Mets win but I don't care who wins.

Mets finally have the stage for themselves after decades of being the jealous little brother. They get to wear big boy pants.

zer0das

Banned
Why does the World Series run into November now? It should be done before Halloween.

Because there's a wild card game now. And they don't play those on the same days, presumably because they want higher ratings.

I still don't understand how that ends up adding about 5-6 days to the schedule though. Should be done by the end of October at the latest. I mean they could easily shed a few days if they actually played opening day all on the same day instead of spreading it over 3 days.

squall211

As a Mets fan I am eternally pessimistic, but I think they are easily the toughest opponent for KC this far. I can't wait to see what happens.

Good luck KC fans. Whichever team wins, it will be well earned and deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom