• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Johnson should play 2B, while Murph should DH.
Not a bad idea, but with how locked in Murph is right now, I wouldn't want to do anything to disrupt his routine. He's actually made some great defensive plays this postseason as well.

Who else would DH? Uribe isn't healthy yet so you can't DH Wright or him. And other than Johnson there aren't any bats on this team worth giving the spot.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I don't care who wins as long as the fucking Mets lose. Fuck them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Who else would DH? Uribe isn't healthy yet so you can't DH Wright or him. And other than Johnson there aren't any bats on this team worth giving the spot.
I was figuring Conforto would DH, and Lagares, who's hit pretty well in the postseason, would play center. Though after reading about Cespedes still not being 100%, they probably want to save their outfield bullet just in case so they don't lose the DH spot.

I don't care who wins as long as the fucking Mets lose. Fuck them.
Who are you?

Close to $600 for a standing-room ticket. I want to cry.

Welcome to modern sports. With all these extravagant stadiums and deals, regular fans got priced out of championships a long time ago. It's a white collar affair, which is why it's always quiet.

lupinko

The Mets got Mr. Met, which can be good or bad.

URnHBKo.png

MQXuLEE.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Royals' rotation:

Game 1 - Edinson Volquez (vs Harvey)
Game 2 - Johnny Cueto (vs deGrom)
Game 3 - Yordano Ventura (vs Syndergaard)
Game 4 - Chris Young (vs Matz)

Royals' rotation:

Game 1 - Edinson Volquez (vs Harvey)
Game 2 - Johnny Cueto (vs deGrom)
Game 3 - Yordano Ventura (vs Syndergaard)
Game 4 - Chris Young (vs Matz)

This seems so lopsided on paper, but the Royals got this far with that group so I have no idea what to think

demolitio

The World Series and opening night of the NBA all happening at the same time...Fun stuff.

Maybe next year Sports Illustrated can predict someone else to win it all so the Indians don't play like shit in the first half of the season again. They always play well at the end when it's out of their hands and it's driving me crazy, but at least Lindor is the real deal.

Hoping the Mets can pull it off.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Really sucks I have to work during five of the games. I'm not gonna be able to concentrate at all.

zulux21

In the top of the first volquez gives up a quick double and then a scoring single, but then settles down and gets out of the half giving up one run.

in the bottom of the first Harvey looks amazing, and strikes out 2 while getting the last person to weakly pop out.

the top of the second volquez remains calmer and gives up a single hit but gets out without giving up anything.

bottom of the second, Harvey is still looking sharp but the batter works him into giving up a lead off walk. this is where the wheels fall off. having to change his motion with a runner on base he suddenly loses his control and starts leaving pitches up which get slapped around. before the inning is over the royals manage to plate 3 runs.

after two the score is 3-1 royals. tune in tomorrow night to find out how the rest of the game goes :p

So much hate for a team that was expected to go nowhere in the regular season,let alone the playoffs.

I hope Game 1 is a blowout. I want to make some Royals fans cry tonight.

Go Mets.

I actually have a Mets cap that they gave me at Citi Field for free when I traded in my old/ugly Jays cap. You're my National League team of choice. Don't fuck this up.

Royals got the superior batting lineup and their bullpen is second to none. this coming from an angels fan.

KC in 5

Mets have been arguably the better offensive lineup since the deadline and their starting pitching is clearly better. Bullpen and defense are probably the two areas KC is better, though with Holland out its not as threatening as last year

Luckily, bullpen win championships.

Beckx

Meanwhile, in Japan, Yu Darvish's brother was arrested for illegal sports betting.

Also Tetsuto Yamada of the Tokyo Swallows hit 3 HRs in his first 3 at bats in a Japan series game today. Dude is a monster.

On this side of the globe:

We’re probably going to hear too much about the Royals’ penchant for contact, given that these two teams are closer together on contact rates than they are on almost any other stat.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mets-royals-in-a-clash-of-styles/

Don Mattingly is expected to be hired as the Marlins manager this week.
Yup. He plans to take Davy Lopes and Rick Honeycutt with him. Both I believe don't have contracts. I kinda knew about Donny and Marlins working on a deal but this morning listening to AM 980 hearing he wants the other two? Take McGwire also

Parch

I'll kinda cheer for the Mets, but I think KC is the better team.

I just hope there's some good, exciting games. Not just dominating borefests.
Are you not entertained? I hope so.

I was all Cubbies all year

Guess I'll go KC this year again

My only defense is that we haven't had a MLB team in like 50 years here so baseball is all academic to me

Yup. He plans to take Davy Lopes and Rick Honeycutt with him. Both I believe don't have contracts. I kinda knew about Donny and Marlins working on a deal but this morning listening to AM 980 hearing he wants the other two? Take McGwire also

Keep McGwire away pls! I'm meh about Davy Lopes, but I could get behind bringing in Rick Honeycutt to replace Chuck Fernandez.

The Marlins are quietly making some solid offseason moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom